*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of folks are upset. Fortunately I had extremely low expectations because I've done this before so I knew how it worked.

There are 1,000 or so people attending the party but the individual events can each only accommodate maybe 20 or 30 so there's no possible way for all of the 1,000 people to also get in to the individual things. There simply aren't nearly that many available spots. If each thing could hold 30, they'd need to have over 30 separate events for everyone to be able to do at least one and that's obviously not feasible in a 4-day event.

As noted, members of the team will be in the auction room each day so you can see them there. Also, be on the lookout when you're out and about in the parks and on property as you may well run into someone at random. And have FUN. You'll be at Disney World!

words to live by!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll be somewhere nearby, crafting with Kathy...
i'm not allowed to eat cupcakes, so it would be cruel and unusual for me to be over by the cupcakes, even if i do love Jackie!!!!
I'm going mainly for Jackie. I could definitely do without the cupcakes (especially in the midst of vacation).

I'm going mainly for Jackie. I could definitely do without the cupcakes (especially in the midst of vacation).

i love them both, but i really wanted to participate in the event with Kathy...
i met her years ago when she and i had dinner together at victoria and alberts..
she's super nice...
in terms of that it was a no brainer for me, but i wish they weren't conflicting as i'd love to meet Jackie in a setting like that..
but as we've all said, there will be ample opportunity at various times during the week to meet the various podcasters...
hopefully, i'll have a chance to chat with Jackie!!

(as for the cupcakes - it's a gluten thing...it's true i'm working hard to lose weight, but on vacation i'll definitely indulge in things i love, but medically, i'm not allowed gluten, so it's not a willpower thing, i just can't have it :) )..

hopefully, i'll have a chance to chat with Jackie!!
Jackie's awesome. The first time we met in person was at the podcast recording at La Nouba a few years ago. She was talking to another DISer and I was behind him waiting my turn. When she look up and saw me, she screamed "STEVE" and came over and hugged me. Mind you she had only interacted with me on the boards and Facebook but she recognized me immediately before I had a chance to say a word. My daughter thought it was so funny that it played out that way because it seemed like I was the famous one in that meeting and she was the fan.

Jackie's awesome. The first time we met in person was at the podcast recording at La Nouba a few years ago. She was talking to another DISer and I was behind him waiting my turn. When she look up and saw me, she screamed "STEVE" and came over and hugged me. Mind you she had only interacted with me on the boards and Facebook but she recognized me immediately before I had a chance to say a word. My daughter thought it was so funny that it played out that way because it seemed like I was the famous one in that meeting and she was the fan.

that's a great story!!!!
i'd be in total shock if anyone recognizes me from my facebook picture..
it's from before..
here at home, if anyone hasn't seen me in a while, they walk right past me unless they hear me talking, then they do an extreme double take.
it's amusing..

Tried to get Pete's breakfast. Was online well before 10 but could not get it even though filled out the form as soon as it became available.

John just posted the following in the official thread:

UPDATE 7/6/2019 - Due to issues with our sign-up form for Pete's Top of the World Event we have to move sign-ups for all attendees for have not signed up already to 10AM Eastern Time on Sunday 7/7/2019. The link will be posted above in this thread at that time. I apologize for any inconvenience but I want to make sure we don't get any error messages like we did this morning.

i'd be in total shock if anyone recognizes me from my facebook picture..
We were at the Festival of the Arts Festival Center last year and Steve Porter came over to say hello. We had met him previously but it wasn't like we were best friends. I was really impressed that he remembered us and took the time to come over. That's what I love about the whole team.

**** Hoop Dee Doo Update ****

Hi all, as we are getting close (within a month of the start of the event) I wanted to start to square away the payment groups for Hoop Dee Doo

as such I just sent out a message to everyone I have as part of the main ADRs set up and am asking everyone in that group to confirm they are good with the information contained there. IF YOU DID NOT GET A MESSAGE AND THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! .... @WorldExplorer note that it would not let me message you as you have not made enough posts to receive messages yet - please respond to this note and I can get you the info

Thanks!!!!

**** /end Hoop Dee Doo Update ****

Anyone want to join me for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe at 9:15pm the night of the party? The restaurant is open until 10, so I think we can linger a bit there, and it's right next to the front entrance. I have 7 spots open as Kate Davies has already claimed a spot. @TheMaxRebo can you put this on the calendar?
Kathleen, do you still have room on your Rainforest reservation? I would like to join you guys as well.

Kathleen, do you still have room on your Rainforest reservation? I would like to join you guys as well.

If you have space I'd like to join as well, though I don't have tickets to Pandora later that evening.

UNIVERSAL EVENT UPDATE

I've been advised to move the Universal Meet Up to later in the evening to ensure a less than 2 hour wait for Hagrid's. Also, I think it will enable some of you to attend the other events that day. What would you all think if we met up around 9:00 PM outside of Three Broomsticks? According to touringplans, this will give us one of the best wait times.

If Hagrid's is down that day, we can just choose another attraction, or we can even just hang out and have butterbeer somewhere.

- @bartleyosu
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!

UNIVERSAL EVENT UPDATE

I've been advised to move the Universal Meet Up to later in the evening to ensure a less than 2 hour wait for Hagrid's. Also, I think it will enable some of you to attend the other events that day. What would you all think if we met up around 9:00 PM outside of Three Broomsticks? According to touringplans, this will give us one of the best wait times.

If Hagrid's is down that day, we can just choose another attraction, or we can even just hang out and have butterbeer somewhere.

That's my traveling day, and I don't land until 7pm. I don't think I'll make it to the meet.

Universal Meet Up to later in the evening to ensure a less than 2 hour wait for Hagrid's. Also, I think it will enable some of you to attend the other events that day. What would you all think if we met up around 9:00 PM outside of Three Broomsticks? According to touringplans, this will give us one of the best wait times.

- @Malia78

Plans have changed...sorry I will need to bow out.

UNIVERSAL EVENT UPDATE

If Hagrid's is down that day, we can just choose another attraction, or we can even just hang out and have butterbeer somewhere.We a

- @bartleyosu
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!
We are out for Universal. Too much to do at Disney. THanks.

Who is staying where/when?

All Stars Movies:

- @mcnealrkn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Michele&Jessica (Michele) - 8/3 - 8/13
- @Tiggerette - 8/7
- @Brian_WDW74 - 8/6 - 8/11

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani and Jambo House):
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/11 - 8/13
- @Nanb and sister - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Gehrig1B (Gene) and wife (Becky) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @isabellea with husband and 2 daughters (7 and 9) - but solo for the party) - 8/10 - 8/12
- @3cmom and husband and son (10) - 8/8 - 8/12
- @czechplz with 3 other adults - 8/5 - 8/13
- @Maytulip32
- @APiratesLifeForMe2 and husband and 2 friends - 8/8 - 8/11
- @met19
- @wariokartel and wife - 8/8 - 8/11

Art of Animation:

Bay Lake Tower:

- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Beach Club Villas)
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother (Rose) - 8/6 -8/12
- @dina444444 - 8/6 - 8/12
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani) - 8/6 - 8/20
- @poohj80 (PJ) - dates TBD
- @Zatrina (split stay with Boardwalk Villas)
- @TXMemaw and husband - 8/8 - ?

Beach Club & Beach Club Villas:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Bay Lake Tower)
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his Dad - 8/7 - 8/12
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband (Alvin) and sons AJ (16) and Dylan (13) - 8/7 - 8/11

Boardwalk Inn & Villas:
- @bartleyosu (Crystal) at Villas - 8/5 -8/12 (for now, may switch to POP)
- @auntfrannie at Inn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Zatrina (split stay with BLT)
- @jennie622 at Villas - 8/7 - 12
- @travelinjenn (Jenn) and Husband (Joe) and Daughter (Sophie 17) - 8/7-8/9
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/7 - 8/13

Caribbean Beach Resort:
- @k8Davies - 8/6 - 8/12

Contemporary:
- @Cousin Orville - 8/8 - 8/11
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/10 - 8/11
- @Aerin75 (Carrie) and Roomie - 88/ - 8/11
- @Ravens girl - 8/6 - 8/12 (Kay-Marie)
- @Braddy007 (Brad) and wife (Jamie) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @travelinjenn (Jenn) and Husband (Joe) and Daughter (Sophie 17) - 8/10-8/11
- @ob1thx1138 (Trish) and Husband (Jon) - 8/7 -8/11
- @DanielleC - 8/7 - 8/11
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids (DS 18, DD 12) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/6 - 8-11

Coronado:
- @ChimneyJim (Michael) and wife (Susana) and son (11) and daughter (10) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @PrncessA with family and friends - 8/3 - 8/11
- @cmarsh31 (Carly) with husband, and kids (DS 14 & DD 11) - 8/8 - 8/12

Grand Floridian:

Old Key West:
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - split stay with Poly - 8/4 - 8/12

Polynesian:
- @Tiggerette - 8/8 - /12
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - split stay with OKW - 8/4 - 8/12
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids (DS 18, DD 12) - 8/1 - 8/6

Port Orleans FQ:
- @thiabelle (Cynthia) and her daughter (18) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @wiihoo888 (Lori) and her Husband (Mike) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @Bedsypoppins and husband - 8/9 - 8/11
- @NWasikWare and sister Kate - 8/6 - 8/12
- @troy63 and son - 8/6 - 8/14

Port Orleans Riverside:
- @ReelRedHead - 8/2 - 8/15
- @YesterDark and family (including 3 small kids and his mom) - 8/8 - 8/14

POP Century:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/11 - 8-15
- @wnwardii - 8/6 - 8/12
- @afan - 8/7 - 8/12
- @dkrauss (Doug) and wife (Donna) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Malia78 - 8/6 - 8/11
- @gberg (Glen) - 8/3 - 8/12
- @WorldExplorer - 8/6 - 8/12
- @javaman - 8/6 - 8/12
- @pSTANchio and wife (Grace) - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Sylver - 8/5 - 8/13
- @rchristiansen (Becky) and husband (Jeff) and daughter (16) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/8 - 8/11
- @PolkaDotPanda (Casey) and husband (Ryan) - 8/7 - 8/12
- @Dennis McEwen - 8/7 - 8/12
- @1Grumpy9 - 8/8 - 8/13
- @MK2010 and husband, DD (17) and her BF (14) - 8/6 -8/13
- @hagan95 - 8/9 - 8/12

Saratoga Springs:
- @CynthiaC925 - 8/7 - 8/12
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/13 - 8/17

Shades of Green:
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/3 - 8/10
- @115belladonna - 8/7 -8/12

Yact Club:
- @MaryKatesMom (Beth) and her husband (Dave) - 8/8 - 8/11

Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek:
- @Skip3key (Angie) and DW (Eva) - 8/8 - 8/11

Wilderness Lodge/Boulder Ridge:
- @WebmasterMaryJo and @YellowMickeyPonchos (Nancy) - 8/6 -8/11

Off Property:
- @Enorto1 and her mom - 8/6 - 8/13 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter (23) - 8/6-8/16 (Windsor Palms)
- @datadoc_5 and wife - moving to area in December
- @NeuroCindy
- @Kathleen Glasgow - 8/6 - 8/9

TBD:
- @Maytulip32 and her husband
- @PamNC - 8/7 - 8/12

Car Pool Information:

Potential drivers:

@dina444444 @wnwardii @AMusicLifeForMe @NeuroCindy @Vernon Wolfe @Aerin75 @thiabelle
I'm staying at Best Western Disney Springs. Yay

Well its official..........the Disney Skyliner will open in August 2019................August 28th o_O .

I saw the news on Walt Disney World Today.com. Just to be clear........this is apparently an employee rumor.

If this turns out to be true, I'm more bummed about this then missing out on Ryno's event 😒

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter