*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW MAGIC BAND OPTIONS FOR THOSE STAYING ON SITE

Just an FYI to those that might be interested - they have just announced a modification to the magic band structure for those staying on property ... you can still get one of the solid colors included for free but now you can also choose one of ~30 designs with characters on them for a $10 upcharge and still have it sent your home before your trip, etc.

That’s a great idea, although it seems to be currently only available to US guests :sad1:

Edit - doh realised they’re not available yet but in the chat, of today’s show, the wonderful @WebmasterJackie said there’s a rumour that they’ll be available around the 15th May.

Which means people can upgrade before the event. I’m thinking the snack one as to be fair that what I’ll probably be doing at any given opportunity :rotfl:

Last edited:
20 Years of Dreams Couples Event

August 4th 2019 - 7:45 PM – 9:30 PM

Epcot ‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ Fireworks Cruise

$75 per couple and includes Captain’s tip – Limited availability. We’ve already prepaid for the event, and the boat holds a maximum of ten guests. This was the only date available around the time this 'Dis' event.

Terri and I have very recently done this cruise, and we thought it was awesome. There are snacks (think chips) and water provided on the boat.

Witness the Story of Earth

Gather around World Showcase Lagoon to watch Earth’s fiery birth portrayed through dramatic eruptions of fireworks and towering 60-foot flames. As the volcanic effects subside, a giant globe glides peacefully across the waters.

Let your imagination soar as the surface of the 350,000-pound Earth Globe springs to life with light, revealing the joyful history of humanity and the remarkable achievements of our time.

In the spectacular finale, a hopeful future is foretold in a pageantry of stirring light and sound—including fireworks and an epic display of dazzling, state-of-the-art, energy-efficient lasers!

Since this is an outdoor show, it is subject to cancellation in case of inclement weather.

If you care to join in, contact us and we’ll tell you how to PayPal (or other form) your payment to us.

While ‘all sales are final’, if anyone needs to drop out after paying, and we do end up having a full complement of 10 for the event, we will of course make sure you get your money back.

We will also plan on having a drink or two and some finger food at the ESPN Zone beforehand. Hope to see some new faces!

Making a few things for the auction and finally got one done!

lvdwrj2m.jpg

I made a pair for myself too for the party and the podcast taping. I'm still thinking about putting 'stay out of the damn lakes' on the back but I can't decide. I would only do it on my pair not the auction pair. Not sure that damn would be an issue and someone tell you not to wear them in the park but I figured it's better not to chance it. Which is also why I'm unsure about putting it on my pair.
What a awesome job you did I love them as far as "Stay out of the damn lake" maybe you can take out the word damn and replace it with Darn or just leave it out and just say stay out of the lakes

What a awesome job you did I love them as far as "Stay out of the damn lake" maybe you can take out the word damn and replace it with Darn or just leave it out and just say stay out of the lakes

Thanks! I still haven't decided what to do. I think once they announce where the podcast taping will be I'll decide. I'm not too worried about wearing them at the party at pandora if they say damn.

I need a 20 years party pick me up.

As I am still coming to this event yay only 90 days

Although I just had to cancel my family holiday to WDW for this Oct/Nov (175 days so already booked all the ADRs) We were coming for my mum’s 70th but she’s been diagnosed with cancer and even though the prognosis looks really good she’ll still be having treatment at the time.

Did offer to stay at home for the dreams trip as she’ll be in Chemo; but she refused to let me cancel as my dad, brother and my DH will all be about if she needs anything.

She was even saying we all should still go on the Nov trip without her and she stay home on her own (crazy lady).

So I realise the cancellation isn’t so bad for me, as I get to come to this great event, but my little boy and the rest of the family were really looking forward to it. :sad1:

I need a 20 years party pick me up.

As I am still coming to this event yay only 90 days

Although I just had to cancel my family holiday to WDW for this Oct/Nov (175 days so already booked all the ADRs) We were coming for my mum’s 70th but she’s been diagnosed with cancer and even though the prognosis looks really good she’ll still be having treatment at the time.

Did offer to stay at home for the dreams trip as she’ll be in Chemo; but she refused to let me cancel as my dad, brother and my DH will all be about if she needs anything.

She was even saying we all should still go on the Nov trip without her and she stay home on her own (crazy lady).

So I realise the cancellation isn’t so bad for me, as I get to come to this great event, but my little boy and the rest of the family were really looking forward to it. :sad1:

So sorry to hear this - and prayers and positive vibes for your mom! (Glad the prognosis is positive at least)

Guess we will all just have to make sure you have an amazing time so that it is truly justified that you came :D

@TheMaxRebo Hey, Phil.

Can you put me down for Hoop-Dee-Doo for the Category 2, if it's not taken? (I will cancel my Category 3 once confirmed by you). Who do we pay? Or is everyone going through Disney for payment by themselves? I'm so confused.

So sorry to hear this - and prayers and positive vibes for your mom! (Glad the prognosis is positive at least)

Guess we will all just have to make sure you have an amazing time so that it is truly justified that you came :D

Aw thank you. :goodvibes

@TheMaxRebo Hey, Phil.

Can you put me down for Hoop-Dee-Doo for the Category 2, if it's not taken? (I will cancel my Category 3 once confirmed by you). Who do we pay? Or is everyone going through Disney for payment by themselves? I'm so confused.

You got it!

as for paying we will have to pay at time of show when we pick up out tickets (as the ADRs were booked by someone with the dining plan)

BTW - for all people currently in Cat 1 - I did get a request from someone in Cat 2 they would really much prefer Cat 1 ... is there anyone that would be ok with sitting in the Cat 2 group?

Thanks!!!!

The reservation is for 8/8 at 9am. Those of us staying on-site were planning to meet at soarin’ before the reservation since it’s an EMH day.

The list of people that confirmed Garden Grill for the ADR was:
@afan
@SG131 @k8Davies @115belladonna @PamNC @Malia78 @Ravens girl @Kathleen Glasgow

I don’t remember the name of the first user that mentioned after the fact about possibly joining.

Also, while you’re updating the front page, I may have splurged a bit and changed my resort plans. I’m now at the contemporary 8/6-8/11 and boardwalk 8/11-8/15. Breaking the bank a bit, but I’m really looking forward to staying at two hotels I’ve never stayed at before!
Can you take me off the Garden Grill breakfast? I have some unexpected family plan that I have to take care of that morning that can't be switched to another date or time. You can add someone else who was on the waitlist. Thank you so much for arranging this.

Can you take me off the Garden Grill breakfast? I have some unexpected family plan that I have to take care of that morning that can't be switched to another date or time. You can add someone else who was on the waitlist. Thank you so much for arranging this.

Sorry to hear this. I'll take you off the list.

We're trying to figure out the most fair way to fill the spot at GG and will post once we have. Thanks!

I just wanted to give an update being that we have already did our ADR'S and planned our days we would need to be taken off the following lists for the 7th we will not be able to do the meet up at the P0P. also for the triva night. and finally for lunch in Disney springs on the 10th also for that night we are eating at BOMA therefore we would prefer meeting at Victorias falls. this is for Myself (ewrtomco) my sister Carma3 and our Mom (Rose)

I don't think I mentioned it hear but I did have to forgo my plans to attend this event. It was a bad time for me to begin with but I hoped to make it work. Unfortunately not the case. I definitely will still follow along and help with spreadsheets and whatever else like I did last time. Definitely jealous of everyone who does get to go.

I don't think I mentioned it hear but I did have to forgo my plans to attend this event. It was a bad time for me to begin with but I hoped to make it work. Unfortunately not the case. I definitely will still follow along and help with spreadsheets and whatever else like I did last time. Definitely jealous of everyone who does get to go.
Sorry you can’t join us, Ryan. I’ll have to buy you that birthday drink some other time.

Kind of curious, is anyone planning on staying at the hotel by the pool and just relaxing?

Oh no that’s a shame as I was really looking forward to meet you.

Although, like with my November trip,
I know sometimes Disney plans don’t align and you just have to look forward to the next time.

Bummer to hear Ryan - but hard to make everything work

Since Steve already said he will get you your birthday drink next time he sees you, I'll just say that I will have a drink without you in your honor ;)

Kind of curious, is anyone planning on staying at the hotel by the pool and just relaxing?

not full out but we have our last two night (Sun - Tues) at Animal Kingdom Lodge and we are planning to take it easy those days and spend more time at the resort, etc - definitely will be some pool time but I am not one of those people that can spend hours by the pool (even going to the beach I am good to go after like an hour)

Relax on vacation? That's just crazy talk. :P

Seriously though, we stay offsite and normally rent a condo or townhouse. For this trip, since it's in the middle of summer, we rented a single house with a private pool and I plan to use it. I even bought a new bathing suit the other day. We always include a few non-park days in our Disney trips. We usually spend them shopping or doing non-Disney activities but also spend time just chilling at the house, doing laundry, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter