*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my wife (Trish) and I (Jon) are coming from the Memphis TN area for the event and Party. This is our first Dis Event. We will be staying at the Contemporary 8/7-8/11. This is her first time staying at this resort and my first time since the 80's as a kid with my parents.

I'm wondering when we might be able to have the Illuminations viewing. I don't know where we could fit it in. Any ideas from anyone? I would love to help set this up.

TheMaxRebo please change are resort to Poly/OKW. We will be arriving on the 4th -12. Thanks Ron

Got your change in

Evenings are starting to fill up ... honestly, I would just pick a day that you think would work well for you and then we put that out there and see if it works well for others. I know we have a big group doing Hoop Dee Doo on Friday, so maybe target Wed or Thurs?

I figured 160 days out would be a good time to add locations, and thoughts of our group interests for the week.
Wife Jenn, Daughter Sophie(17) Husband Joe. Staying at Boardwalk 8-7/8/9, Contemporary 8-10/11
Interested in teen meet n greet. Pub crawls around the world/monorail line, Pre party meet, Bar Lounge, Disney Spring meet up, Illuminations, Trivia contest. And Wine in Italy of some form for a Viking Cruise reunion.

Got it! Definitely need to figure out when the Italy Cruise reunion meet will be - evenings are filling up but we can pick some afternoon for drink/lunch/etc to meet at Italy in EPCOT!!!

Hello my wife (Trish) and I (Jon) are coming from the Memphis TN area for the event and Party. This is our first Dis Event. We will be staying at the Contemporary 8/7-8/11. This is her first time staying at this resort and my first time since the 80's as a kid with my parents.

Got it! - Very Cool - somethings special about staying at the Contemporary for your first time

I figured 160 days out would be a good time to add locations, and thoughts of our group interests for the week.
Wife Jenn, Daughter Sophie(17) Husband Joe. Staying at Boardwalk 8-7/8/9, Contemporary 8-10/11
Interested in teen meet n greet. Pub crawls around the world/monorail line, Pre party meet, Bar Lounge, Disney Spring meet up, Illuminations, Trivia contest. And Wine in Italy of some form for a Viking Cruise reunion.

Got it! Definitely need to figure out when the Italy Cruise reunion meet will be - evenings are filling up but we can pick some afternoon for drink/lunch/etc to meet at Italy in EPCOT!!!

Same here! Does Thursday or Friday afternoon work for either of you? Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar?

Same here! Does Thursday or Friday afternoon work for either of you? Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar?

Both those days/times work for us .... I can mention it on the Facebook thread to see what people would prefer .... or we could sort of hold both until the DIS team announced news their events and then fit around them

Had been debating adding a couple days at Universal or doing a Busch/Sea World combo but extra cost, especially staying at Universal was prohibitive. Decided to add two days to our stay but keep our tickets the same. This now gives us 2 additional days to just chill and enjoy the resorts and DS. We always burn out so hopefully this will help. We are also changing our touring style from rope drop to late afternoon thru to close. Should help for the party with kids. So now we are staying 8/4-8/11

I'm wondering when we might be able to have the Illuminations viewing. I don't know where we could fit it in. Any ideas from anyone? I would love to help set this up.

TheMaxRebo please change are resort to Poly/OKW. We will be arriving on the 4th -12. Thanks Ron

are you staying DVC at poly? did you switch at 7 months?
the studios there look AMAZING!!!

i don't recall if i shared our ADR list....
it's kind of amusing in the sense that i thought that since it's just chani and me, we wouldn't go all out with ADRs..
but of course, once i get into planning mode, i seem to go a bit nuts..

so here's our list - none of it is set in stone, as i can always cancel, but these are the ones we have...
- Beaches and Cream
- Plaza Restaurant
- San Angel Inn
- Sci Fi
- Mama Melrose Fantasmic lunch package (first time eating there)
- Festival of the Lion King Tier 1 dining package, which includes a meal at Tiffins (first time doing this package and first time at Tiffins)
- Bon Voyage Breakfast (first time doing this breakfast and first time in that restaurant)
- Kona Cafe Breakfast (first time at Kona)

i also booked the following tours/events (all new to us - never have done these):
- the Rhino tour at animal kingdom (august 4th)
- the taste of the MK VIP tour (august 5th)
- early morning magic fantasyland (august 13th)

Last edited:
Had been debating adding a couple days at Universal or doing a Busch/Sea World combo but extra cost, especially staying at Universal was prohibitive. Decided to add two days to our stay but keep our tickets the same. This now gives us 2 additional days to just chill and enjoy the resorts and DS. We always burn out so hopefully this will help. We are also changing our touring style from rope drop to late afternoon thru to close. Should help for the party with kids. So now we are staying 8/4-8/11

I think you will really like having some “down time” backed in - especially with the heat of August and if/when the team announces the official events it will give you a bit more flexibility to make some of those

Here’s our ADR stuff so far:

8/6 Storybook Dining dinner
8/7 Whispering Canyon breakfast
(Checking in for official event and then MK day:)
8/7 Be Our Guest dinner
8/8 Garden Grill breakfast
8/9 Hoop Dee Doo with group (have the TIW to get discount for 10 of us:)
8/10 Homecoming brunch then BIG nap before Pandora stuff
8/11 Rose and Crown Illuminations package for our last night

All tentative for now, until the official event plans get released. So excited both for the event and to meet all of you!!!

Here’s our ADR stuff so far:

8/6 Storybook Dining dinner
8/7 Whispering Canyon breakfast
(Checking in for official event and then MK day:)
8/7 Be Our Guest dinner
8/8 Garden Grill breakfast
8/9 Hoop Dee Doo with group (have the TIW to get discount for 10 of us:)
8/10 Homecoming brunch then BIG nap before Pandora stuff
8/11 Rose and Crown Illuminations package for our last night

All tentative for now, until the official event plans get released. So excited both for the event and to meet all of you!!!

ours are tentative, depending on official and unofficial events....though i'm pretty sure the 3 tours will stay as is, since it's before most people are arriving...
it would be great if other dissers were on the tours...

I definitely want to do at least one tour. I was waiting for the official events to be released to see if I could get in one of those. I hope I’m not being too crazy for waiting.

Reminds me of a kinda funny story from yesterday. I told my husband that I would really like to do the encounter with Rhinos. He somehow heard it as an encounter with Ryno. Pretty sure Disney doesn’t offer that as a tour package....although it may come up as a GKTW auction item. An Encounter with Ryno, located in his native habitat...a pub somewhere in the World. LOL!!!

I definitely want to do at least one tour. I was waiting for the official events to be released to see if I could get in one of those. I hope I’m not being too crazy for waiting.

Reminds me of a kinda funny story from yesterday. I told my husband that I would really like to do the encounter with Rhinos. He somehow heard it as an encounter with Ryno. Pretty sure Disney doesn’t offer that as a tour package....although it may come up as a GKTW auction item. An Encounter with Ryno, located in his native habitat...a pub somewhere in the World. LOL!!!

that's so funny....and that would be a great auction item that i'm sure people would fight for!!

We will be in Epcot Wed and Friday. Of course adjustments can be made. With booking dinning reservations, figuring where and when is starting to become important. For those who has the Viking messenger group still available. I left a message there as well on the cruise meet and greet.

Since we're sharing :rolleyes:, here's our ADR list for the week:

Aug 5th - Paddlefish - dinner
Aug 6th - Spice Road Table - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 7th - The Plaza - Lunch (1st time)
Aug 8th - Mama Melrose - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 9th - Narcoosee's - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 10th - Tusker House - Breakfast (1000th time :upsidedow)
Aug 11th - Story Book Dining at WL - Dinner (1st time)

We like to mix it up on each visit, for this trip that is an understatement. Obviously there are some risks...…..The Plaza and Mama Melrose do not often get stellar reviews but we're willing to try anything once :-). There are 2 highlights on our list, the first is Narcoosee's. My wife loves seafood and the menu here is her dream, plus the opportunity for a different view of the Happily Ever After fireworks is cool. Second, is the Story Book Dining experience at Wilderness Lodge. The menu looks quite good but the real deal here is an opportunity to get a photo with Dopey...….just Dopey! I know characters can change but fingers crossed :P.

We will be rocking the dining plan and doing a couple OOP's. I was able to get free dining with the upgrade to the Regular DDP. Will we save......ehhh….probably not given our selections, but the fact that I don't have to worry about dropping 2+bills at Narcoosee's makes it worth it in my mind.:D

Also notice most of our meals are dinners so as to leave open time for events during the day :idea:

Doug :goofy:

Since we're sharing :rolleyes:, here's our ADR list for the week:

Aug 5th - Paddlefish - dinner
Aug 6th - Spice Road Table - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 7th - The Plaza - Lunch (1st time)
Aug 8th - Mama Melrose - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 9th - Narcoosee's - Dinner (1st time)
Aug 10th - Tusker House - Breakfast (1000th time :upsidedow)
Aug 11th - Story Book Dining at WL - Dinner (1st time)

We like to mix it up on each visit, for this trip that is an understatement. Obviously there are some risks...…..The Plaza and Mama Melrose do not often get stellar reviews but we're willing to try anything once :-). There are 2 highlights on our list, the first is Narcoosee's. My wife loves seafood and the menu here is her dream, plus the opportunity for a different view of the Happily Ever After fireworks is cool. Second, is the Story Book Dining experience at Wilderness Lodge. The menu looks quite good but the real deal here is an opportunity to get a photo with Dopey...….just Dopey! I know characters can change but fingers crossed :P.

We will be rocking the dining plan and doing a couple OOP's. I was able to get free dining with the upgrade to the Regular DDP. Will we save......ehhh….probably not given our selections, but the fact that I don't have to worry about dropping 2+bills at Narcoosee's makes it worth it in my mind.:D

Also notice most of our meals are dinners so as to leave open time for events during the day :idea:

Looks like a good schedule - I haven't done Mama Melrose but I know some people who love it, and always get the steak there

Spice Road Table is one of our favorites and one I consider a "hidden gem" - especially if you can time it to watch Illuminatoins there. They have this really good chocolate pyramid dessert and eating that with a glass of wine while watching Illuminations was a highlight of one of our past trips

Looks like a good schedule - I haven't done Mama Melrose but I know some people who love it, and always get the steak there

Spice Road Table is one of our favorites and one I consider a "hidden gem" - especially if you can time it to watch Illuminatoins there. They have this really good chocolate pyramid dessert and eating that with a glass of wine while watching Illuminations was a highlight of one of our past trips
We're excited about Spice Road Table too...….heard many good things...thanks for the "thumbs up". As for Mama Melrose....I'm hoping for something other than steak. You see I'm not a real seafood guy (born and bred on the Jersey shore too :hyper2:) There are at least 2 maybe 3 meals in that group that I'm looking at red meat for my meal...…...was hoping to change it up at least once :P

We'll see :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter