*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by TheMaxRebo, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Malia78

Malia78 Flotsam and Jetsam

So true...

2. wariokartel

wariokartel Earning My Ears

@TheMaxRebo could you add me and my wife to the liat as staying at AKL 8/8-8/11.

Interested in:
    DVC Moonlight Magic (we are not dvc members)
    Pre-party meeting (no lounge preference).

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Ravens girl

Ravens girl Mouseketeer

Soaring and breakfast sounds good.

afan likes this.
  5. Ravens girl

Ravens girl Mouseketeer

I would prefer cat 1. By then I’ll have TiW as well if that’s helpful.

6. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I was trying to get an Ohana reservation for my friend on Aug 9th and was shocked by the availability. And everyone here was saying they had such good success with reservations. So I was curious and just decided to put in August 1st cause that's less than 180 days away. I could get an 8:35 am PPO Breakfast at Be Our Guest! Or any other time after that. I can't believe how open dining availability is! I could even get a CRT if I wanted that day! Last time we went in August in 2017 reservations were much harder so I'm really surprised.

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

got it!

8. k8Davies

k8Davies K8Davies

I’m happy with sleepy hollow as I’ve always fancy that Nutella waffles, we could say around 10am and as it’s quick service it won’t be too bad if someone running a smidging late.

I will still keep an eye out just in case they start up breakfast again and I’ll book it ASAP popcorn::

Malia78 and TheMaxRebo like this.
  9. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

sounds like a plan!

k8Davies likes this.
  10. troy63

troy63 Earning My Ears

@TheMaxRebo, Please add me and my son to list staying at POFQ 8/6-8/14.

We are interested in the Pre-Party meet-up, Miniature Golf Tournament, Illuminations Viewing and the Moonlight Magic (if someone would be willing to let us be their guest).

11. PolkaDotPanda

PolkaDotPanda Earning My Ears

We’d prefer category 1 if possible. Thanks!

12. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Mouseketeer

Has anyone else tried to good the Rose and Crown Illuminations package during our stay? I haven’t been able to get anything to come up. I spoke with a cast member for assistance, and she couldn’t tell whether it was all booked up or just not open yet either. My Disney-not-so-Magical-Experience lol!! Anyone have any luck with this?

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  13. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

They’ve talked on the show numerous times about how summer is no longer the busy season it used to be. Disney has been offering a lot more discounts as a result.

14. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

I just checked on line and most dates had it available - were you looking for a larger party size? (i was only checking for a party of 2)

wiihoo888 likes this.
  15. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

got it! and :welcome:

16. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Mouseketeer

It’s really strange. It shows availability, but when I go to book it gives me an error. Sometimes it says it’s already booked up, and sometimes it says it just can’t be reserved right now. We’re only trying for a party of two so who knows. Probably just gremlins in the system this morning. Thanks for trying to check it out on your end:)

TheMaxRebo likes this.
  17. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

Dining does not appear to be working right today....shocking....

disneyholic family and wiihoo888 like this.
  18. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

I'm wondering when we might be able to have the Illuminations viewing. I don't know where we could fit it in. Any ideas from anyone? I would love to help set this up.

TheMaxRebo please change are resort to Poly/OKW. We will be arriving on the 4th -12. Thanks Ron

19. wiihoo888

wiihoo888 Mouseketeer

It finally let me book it....YAY!! Got a table on the night of 8/11. Figured it would be a great way to end our trip after the party and (hopefully) podcast:)

20. kuzco-like

kuzco-like Earning my ears

Phil...I'm late to the boards. I'm staying at POP for however long Kevin and John got them set aside. But I'm also looking at adding something on for the weekend before the event begins.

disneyholic family likes this.
  21. travelinjenn

travelinjenn Jenn L.

I figured 160 days out would be a good time to add locations, and thoughts of our group interests for the week.
    Wife Jenn, Daughter Sophie(17) Husband Joe. Staying at Boardwalk 8-7/8/9, Contemporary 8-10/11
    Interested in teen meet n greet. Pub crawls around the world/monorail line, Pre party meet, Bar Lounge, Disney Spring meet up, Illuminations, Trivia contest. And Wine in Italy of some form for a Viking Cruise reunion.