Who is staying where/when?

All Stars Movies:
- @mcnealrkn - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Michele&Jessica (Michele) - 8/3 - 8/13

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/11 - 8/13
- @Nanb and sister - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Gehrig1B (Gene) and wife (Becky) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @isabellea with husband and 2 daughters (7 and 9) - but solo for the party) - 8/10 - 8/12
- @3cmom and husband and son (10) - 8/8 - 8/12
- @Ron from Michigan and wife (Tina) - for the week

Art of Animation:
- @czechplz with 3 other adults - 8/5 - 8/13 (for now)

Bay Lake Tower:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Beach Club Villas)
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother (Rose) - 8/6 -8/12

Beach Club Villas:
- @apurplebrat - 8/7 - 8/13 (split stay with Bay Lake Tower)

Boardwalk Inn & Villas:
- @bartleyosu (Crystal) at Villas - 8/5 -8/12 (for now, may switch to POP)
- @auntfrannie at Inn - 8/6 - 8/13

Caribbean Beach Resort:
- @k8Davies - 8/6 - 8/12

Contemporary:
- @Cousin Orville - 8/8 - 8/11
- @ChimneyJim (Michael) and wife (Susana) and son (11) and daughter (10) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/10 - 8/11
- @rchristiansen (Becky) and husband (Jeff) and daughter (16) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Aerin75 (Carrie) and Roomie - 88/ - 8/11
- @Ravens girl - 8/6 - 8/12 (Kay-Marie)

Grand Floridian:

Polynesian:
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his Dad - 8/7 - 8/12

Port Orleans FQ:
- @thiabelle (Cynthia) and her daughter (18) - 8/7 - 8/11
- @wiihoo888 (Lori) and her Husband (Mike) - 8/7 - 8/11

Port Orleans Riverside:
- @PrncessA with family and friends - 8/3 - 8/11
- @Idaho Mouse - 8/6 - 8/12
- @Vernon Wolfe - 8/6 - 8/13 (hasn't booked yet)

POP Century:
- @TheMaxRebo (Phil) and wife (Judi) - 8/6 - 8/11
- @SG131 (solo) - 8/3 - 8-12
- @wnwardii - 8/6 - 8/12
- @afan - 8/7 - 8/12
- @dkrauss (Doug) and wife (Donna) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani) - 8/4 - 8/13 (though may do split with BLT)
- @Malia78 - 8/6 - 8/11
- @gberg (Glen) - 8/3 - 8/11
- @WorldExplorer - 8/6 - 8/12
- @javaman - 8/6 - 8/12
- @pSTANchio and wife (Grace) - 8/6 - 8/13
- @Sylver - 8/5 - 8/13

Saratoga Springs:
- @dina444444 (for now) - 8/6 - 8/12
- @CynthiaC925 - 8/7 - 8/12
- @skittles67 (Prescilla) and her Husband (Tim) - 8/10 - 8/17

Shades of Green:
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23) - 8/3 - 8/10
- @115belladonna - 8/7 -8/19

Yact Club:
- @MaryKatesMom (Beth) and her husband (Dave) - 8/8 - 8/11

Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek:
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband (Alvin) and sons AJ (16) and Dylan (13)

Off Property:
- @Enorto1 and her mom - 8/6 - 8/13 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek)
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter (23) - TBD
- @datadoc_5 and wife - moving to area in December
- @NeuroCindy
- @1Grumpy9 - 8/8 - 8/12 or 8/13

Car Pool Information:

Potential drivers:

@dina444444 @wnwardii @AMusicLifeForMe @NeuroCindy @Vernon Wolfe @Aerin75 @thiabelle

Hello, can you fix my dates, please? I will be departing on 08/12 not 08/19. I would also like to add that I would be interested in activities with other solos and I will be interested in character or non character breakfast and dinner. Either way, if it's food just put my name on the list.

I'm a contradiction, I know. I also can ride most roller coasters at Disney, although EE really freaks me out in multiple parts with the height. But the monorail gives me the perception of being secure, maybe it is the concrete pillars. Dangling in the air, nothing below me, never gonna happen. I rode the Ferris Wheel on Navy Pier in Chicago and sobbed the entire time and had a panic attack. You couldn't pay me enough to even consider riding the Fun Wheel at California Adventure, which happens to be one of my daughter's favorites. I think it has something to do with the movement and lack of security, although I almost had a panic attack at the Grand Canyon, and I wasn't moving. :confused3
Had one at Grand Canyon myself. Vertigo gets me more than the fear of heights. Felt like I was going to get sucked down jnto the canyon, the closer I got to the edge. Yikes!

the current price i think is actually around $1800 to MCO via NYC....
but i'll wait anyway.....no need to buy this far in advance for such a horrible rate!!

the problem is it's the summer...if it were the winter, it would be half that!!! or even less...

but it's worth it to finally be there for a dis/podcast event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If these flight options are okay, it looks like it's around the same price as ours from LAX to MCO: Google Flights JFK to MCO.

If these flight options are okay, it looks like it's around the same price as ours from LAX to MCO: Google Flights JFK to MCO.

we're flying in from israel so it costs a kings ransom in the summer.
in the winter, there are lots of flights for as little as $800 per person, but in the summer the cheapest you can get is about $1600 per person and that's going via moscow or kiev or warsaw....no thanks...(and that's to new york, so probably another $200 to get to orlando)..

we typically fly via NYC (either JFK or newark) and then jet blue down to orlando..
occasionally, when we fly to detroit (where i'm from originally), we fly via amsterdam (klm to amsterdam, delta amsterdam to detroit)...
that's not a bad connection to detroit, but to MCO it's not good and it costs just as much as going non-stop to NYC and then on down to MCO...

there's an option of flying non-stop to miami, but then the connection from miami to orlando isn't great at the time the flight gets into miami.
theoretically, i could rent a car in miami and drive the 4 hours or whatever it is to orlando, but after a 13 hour flight, i wouldn't dare attempt it (though i know some Brits who regularly do this - can't imagine how they don't end up in an accident and driving on the wrong side of the street to boot)..

Last edited:
Here's a shot of me at the Grand Canyon last year. Clearly, I will not be afraid of the gondolas.

EQI045Xl.jpg

OMG - i'm nervous just looking at the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the winter, there are lots of flights for as little as $800 per person, but in the summer the cheapest you can get is about $1600 per person and that's going via moscow or kiev or warsaw....no thanks...(and that's to new york, so probably another $200 to get to orlando)..

we typically fly via NYC (either JFK or newark) and then jet blue down to orlando..
occasionally, when we fly to detroit (where i'm from originally), we fly via amsterdam (klm to amsterdam, delta amsterdam to detroit)...
that's not a bad connection to detroit, but to MCO it's not good and it costs just as much as going non-stop to NYC and then on down to MCO...

there's an option of flying non-stop to miami, but then the connection from miami to orlando isn't great at the time the flight gets into miami.
theoretically, i could rent a car in miami and drive the 4 hours or whatever it is to orlando, but after a 13 hour flight, i wouldn't dare attempt it (though i know some Brits who regularly do this - can't imagine how they don't end up in an accident and driving on the wrong side of the street to boot)..

Flight prices is one of the reasons I am going to try and do birthright before 2022 since the rules for prior tour visits and age keep changing. It wasn't originally in the cards after going on that 2006 trip.

Just saw that there is a new World of Animation night show starting in HS May 2019. I definitely want to see this while we are there in August. Not sure if there will be any dessert events for it, or if we would want to get a group together, but I am pencilling it in in my itinerary wish list:)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebration/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q1wo1115181121180028C
I have a feeling this is replaced Disney Movie Magic which is shown before the fireworks.

Just saw that there is a new World of Animation night show starting in HS May 2019. I definitely want to see this while we are there in August. Not sure if there will be any dessert events for it, or if we would want to get a group together, but I am pencilling it in in my itinerary wish list:)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebration/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q1wo1115181121180028C

Saw that too and definitely would like to see it - even if just a small thing trying to organize amongst the people that will be there on a given night it would be good

I'm just tired reading this.

Just thought I would share that they have announced some of the details related to Mickey and Minnie's Suprise Celebration that will be going on in the Magic Kingdom starting on January 18th. The article doesn't mention an end date but I am seeing September 30th as the date - meaning this will be going on while we ware there for the event!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...-coming-to-the-magic-kingdom-january-2019.htm

Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will honor Mickey and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages at Magic Kingdom beginning January 18 2019.

Here is a run-down of the new character experiences coming to the Magic Kingdom.

• Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration.
  • Guests will enjoy Celebration Station inside Town Square Theater, where they may sign a guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know, personally, how much fun they had during the party.
  • An all-new song, “It’s a Good Time,” will play several times daily as part of the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” During this high-energy bash, singing hosts will invite guests to join in the fun with Disney pals including Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and many others.
  • Mickey’s beloved dog, Pluto, will meet guests under the big top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus.

Obviously not a ton of stuff to make an entire event out of or anything, but thought it might be fun to organize getting a group picture with Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits!

Just thought I would share that they have announced some of the details related to Mickey and Minnie's Suprise Celebration that will be going on in the Magic Kingdom starting on January 18th. The article doesn't mention an end date but I am seeing September 30th as the date - meaning this will be going on while we ware there for the event!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...-coming-to-the-magic-kingdom-january-2019.htm

Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will honor Mickey and Minnie Mouse, with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages at Magic Kingdom beginning January 18 2019.

Here is a run-down of the new character experiences coming to the Magic Kingdom.

• Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration.
  • Guests will enjoy Celebration Station inside Town Square Theater, where they may sign a guestbook to let Mickey and Minnie know, personally, how much fun they had during the party.
  • An all-new song, “It’s a Good Time,” will play several times daily as part of the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party.” During this high-energy bash, singing hosts will invite guests to join in the fun with Disney pals including Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy, and many others.
  • Mickey’s beloved dog, Pluto, will meet guests under the big top at Pete’s Silly Sideshow in Storybook Circus.

Obviously not a ton of stuff to make an entire event out of or anything, but thought it might be fun to organize getting a group picture with Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits!

a group picture with the big cheese and his main squeeze sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter