UK-US travel, 2021/2022

Oh yes. Though some are in other AEs like Abu Dhabi.

The ECC did a 5 day trip there in 2017 and I did consider a return this year instead of WDW.
If this link works it's for a video the organiser made which gives you a whistle stop tour, though you'll have to ignore some of the club stuff.
It's about 8 mins, but I think it is in HD, so may use a lot of bandwidth (about 800MB I think ... don't ask me how I know this!)
Arabian Adventure - European Coaster Club

[EDIT: Some of the sights in there are small 'shopping mall' places. Good for a couple of hours maybe.]

I will add that it was extremely hot! Take Florida in the middle of August and add a few degrees.

The video is indeed very much a whistle-stop tour, plenty of attractions not shown. Off the top of my head and of interest for Disney people, there were two Flying Theatres (Soarin' alike), many simulators of various configurations, many dark rides, and a ride that was somewhat similar to Indiana Jones/Dinosaur. One of the most unexpected for me was the Hulk ride at IMG, it's a large circular 3D theatre. The surprise comes when it starts spinning!

I loved Bollywood too.

Here's me and Plague on Flying Aces at Ferrari World, starting at 01:13, front right and left seats.

Last edited:
Its an odd one. But even once in a life timers will have to worry about the spiraling costs? Even if they dont book off site then the sit down meals or merch budget goings to take a hit. I think disney have underestimated how people will tighten up on expendables in order to pay for the rides.

Eat an over priced breakfast buffet? or pay for Genie and ROTR? Pop tarts in the room it is.
They probably end up with the same amount of cash but less expenditure themselves.
If you pay for Genie etc it costs them nothing food cost them to buy.

Disney are not daft they will have the same income for less expenditure.

I think what they have done with the hotel perks will hit them much harder. Why pay hundreds more for a room no better than most off site when there are no perks left.

I can stay at Hard Rock get free express pass for the same price as a moderate Disney Hotel (No brainer for me)
Or I can save a fortune get an hour extra at Universal as opposed to 30 mins extra at Disney for staying on-site (Again No Brainer)

I can stay at Hard Rock get free express pass for the same price as a moderate Disney Hotel (No brainer for me)
Or I can save a fortune get an hour extra at Universal as opposed to 30 mins extra at Disney for staying on-site (Again No Brainer)
This I agree with the only reason to stay on site was the benefits, and now that they're charging you if you have a car to park onsite at the hotel itself, I think that will have a big impact. If you're driving and need to fork out for 14 nights of parking thats a big chunk of change. I'd certainly reconsider staying onsite if I was planning a trip any time soon.

I will have 2 more attempts at this LOL :)

I will edge my bets and hope and pray for Xmas in Disney after that probably May next year. After that well who knows :)

There are rumours in the British press this morning that when Boris meets with Joe this week, he's going to "tell him to lift the travel ban and let Britons back into the US".
We'll see I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!