UK-US travel, 2021/2022

This made my day!
I still need to know if they'll allow in people vaccinated with AstraZeneca and if they allow unvaccinated small kids (my friends' children are 2 and 5). Fingers crossed.

Brilliant response thanks so much

You are welcome :) Ive been flying from Dublin to USA for about 20 years. All arrivials go into the building on the top floor and you will walk with everyone to the passport area. At the passport control area, you as a transfer passenger, will follow the signs to the transfer corridor. This corridor will bring you to escalators, where you will go down to the departure level and then follow the signs to the USA Pre Clearance area. It will take you longer than you think to walk, as you will basically walk the length of the terminal twice.

This made my day!
I still need to know if they'll allow in people vaccinated with AstraZeneca and if they allow unvaccinated small kids (my friends' children are 2 and 5). Fingers crossed.
We are waiting on same confirmation 1 report said that they will accept what the WHO accepts for vaccinations so hopefully AZ will be fine. My boys are 9 so also waiting on that

Tiny steps back to normal.

Now if we could get flights back from Gatwick and confirmation about if children will get or will need a second jab I can start the sky scanner watch

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I can't decide between December or January. Aer Lingus have stopped the Dublin to LAX direct flights, so I will need to fly to the East coast first and then get another flight to LAX. And then Disneyland. In December its all the Christmas overlays and decorations, with no refurbs and longer park hours. January has lower crowds but shorter park hours and lots of refurbs. Ive been to Disneyland Paris in February and I did have a good time in a low crowd , refurb season.

Oh goodness, I just need some more official info, like when in November the travel ban will be removed and what type of tests we need. Ive had the Irish airport testing information websites book marked for months now, lol.

We were looking at December or Feb and decided Dec as Feb simply has nothing going on. I love all the Xmas decorations and music going on and always love seeing the Xmas trees. We though Feb hmm yeah lower crowds but far less atmosphere.

I'm trying to figure out what to do. I can't decide between December or January. Aer Lingus have stopped the Dublin to LAX direct flights, so I will need to fly to the East coast first and then get another flight to LAX. And then Disneyland. In December its all the Christmas overlays and decorations, with no refurbs and longer park hours. January has lower crowds but shorter park hours and lots of refurbs. Ive been to Disneyland Paris in February and I did have a good time in a low crowd , refurb season.

Oh goodness, I just need some more official info, like when in November the travel ban will be removed and what type of tests we need. Ive had the Irish airport testing information websites book marked for months now, lol.

Could you go very early January, like right after new year? There would likely still be some Christmas decs up, crowds would be dropping and they may not have started the refurbs?

Could you go very early January, like right after new year? There would likely still be some Christmas decs up, crowds would be dropping and they may not have started the refurbs?

I am half thinking about that too, but I need to find out what my family is doing for Christmas. Oh goodness, I just need to think calmly about all this and make a proper plan :Pinkbounc

Yes I'm all in a tizz too - I really had resigned myself that we weren't going for Christmas!

Ive been getting my head around not going until June 2022 and Ive been looking at hotels in Dublin to do a staycation break in October. That plan is now scrapped, lol, and my head is all over the place :Pinkbounc

Haunted Mansion holidays overlay is worth the trip alone.

I love all the Xmas decorations and music going on
Ugh. I don't even like UK Christmas and (from what I've seen from afar) the US version is even worse.
If there was somewhere warm that didn't do Christmas at all, I'd go there every year ... but Iran has some other drawbacks. :confused3

Ugh. I don't even like UK Christmas and (from what I've seen from afar) the US version is even worse.
If there was somewhere warm that didn't do Christmas at all, I'd go there every year ... but Iran has some other drawbacks. :confused3
BAH Humbug LOL

I love Xmas always have im just a big kid really :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter