Uber from MK

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
My niece is joining her mother and I for 2 days/1 night of our trip. So we are trying to cram as much in to her 2 days as possible.

We will be in the Magic Kingdom the day she flies home. If she wants to use Uber or Lyft back, she would have to get picked up at the Contemporary or TTC, correct?

Would one service be better than the other? And how far ahead of her flight should she plan on being picked up? What would the cost be on average?

My niece is joining her mother and I for 2 days/1 night of our trip. So we are trying to cram as much in to her 2 days as possible.

We will be in the Magic Kingdom the day she flies home. If she wants to use Uber or Lyft back, she would have to get picked up at the Contemporary or TTC, correct?

Would one service be better than the other? And how far ahead of her flight should she plan on being picked up? What would the cost be on average?

Yes, she will have to be picked up at CR or the TTC. The best and fastest way is to walk to CR and get picked up there.

You can check the apps right now for an idea of pricing. There really isn't much difference between Uber and Lyft, many drivers actually drive for both apps. Sometimes one is cheaper than the other. I only use Lyft because I get statement credit and bonus points/miles with a couple of credit cards specifically from Lyft rides and they throw promos at me constantly. If she's new to rideshare definitely look out for the promo codes for new users, they each have them.

I would walk to the Contemporary and get picked up there, I’ve done this.

How far ahead of time is a matter of personal preference for the most part. We leave WDW 2 hours prior to our flight time, although we’re frequent travelers, have Clear and Pre-Check, and are comfortable with tighter airport timelines. Some may prefer more time to account for unknown variables such as any traffic/delays getting to the airport, longer security lines, or just having more time in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!