Typical Wait Time for Title Company to Prepare Closing Docs

L+JDisneyFans

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

I’m curious on thoughts on what the experience is for how long it typically takes for a Title Company to prepare closing documents. Most posts on the “Closing Time” thread don’t list the time that an Estoppel is received and I believe most title companies wait for that before preparing closing documents.

Hjs33

Mouseketeer
After several buying several resale contracts, I don’t ever remember getting a notice on when the estoppel was received. So it would be hard for anyone to speculate. But I’m in the process of closing on a new contract and have passed ROFR. I received a request for some information on Wednesday. When I replied back, I also asked if they had received ROFR and they said they just had and they would be sending me the closing contracts early next week. So it looks like it takes about a week from when they receive it to when you get the closing docs.

I will also say I closed on an Aulani contract once and everything seemed to take much longer than normal.

• Sandisw

DVC Forums
    Most sales have been about 2 weeks for me. Years ago, it was closer to a week.

But, I have sold and bought 3 contracts in the last year and most were about 2 weeks...except the delayed closing one which obviously were sent later...but they did arrive 2 weeks prior to the closing date on the contract.

Cupcake232

Mouseketeer
    Hi all.

I’m curious on thoughts on what the experience is for how long it typically takes for a Title Company to prepare closing documents. Most posts on the “Closing Time” thread don’t list the time that an Estoppel is received and I believe most title companies wait for that before preparing closing documents.
    I passed ROFR on 11/4 and was notified by my broker that estoppel was received on 11/16. I received my closing documents that night. I’m hoping the sellers are able to get theirs back quickly! I’d like to close before 12/1!

Stargazer65

Mouseketeer
    I just did two, one came 10 days after ROFR, the other 12 days. Both were exactly 9 business days though. One title company was Magic, the other Mason.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
    mailing list!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.