Typical Wait Time for Title Company to Prepare Closing Docs

L+JDisneyFans

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

I’m curious on thoughts on what the experience is for how long it typically takes for a Title Company to prepare closing documents. Most posts on the “Closing Time” thread don’t list the time that an Estoppel is received and I believe most title companies wait for that before preparing closing documents.

After several buying several resale contracts, I don’t ever remember getting a notice on when the estoppel was received. So it would be hard for anyone to speculate. But I’m in the process of closing on a new contract and have passed ROFR. I received a request for some information on Wednesday. When I replied back, I also asked if they had received ROFR and they said they just had and they would be sending me the closing contracts early next week. So it looks like it takes about a week from when they receive it to when you get the closing docs.

I will also say I closed on an Aulani contract once and everything seemed to take much longer than normal.

Most sales have been about 2 weeks for me. Years ago, it was closer to a week.

But, I have sold and bought 3 contracts in the last year and most were about 2 weeks...except the delayed closing one which obviously were sent later...but they did arrive 2 weeks prior to the closing date on the contract.

Hi all.

I’m curious on thoughts on what the experience is for how long it typically takes for a Title Company to prepare closing documents. Most posts on the “Closing Time” thread don’t list the time that an Estoppel is received and I believe most title companies wait for that before preparing closing documents.
I passed ROFR on 11/4 and was notified by my broker that estoppel was received on 11/16. I received my closing documents that night. I’m hoping the sellers are able to get theirs back quickly! I’d like to close before 12/1!

I just did two, one came 10 days after ROFR, the other 12 days. Both were exactly 9 business days though. One title company was Magic, the other Mason.

My broker always gets x’d out, but I used Cammy at Mason Title as my title company.
I’m just wondering if you know if closing docs come after the estoppel is received? I passed ROFR 2 days ago and received closing docs this evening. I’m using Cammy too. But, the closing date listed is May 14th which seems a long time away if they aren’t waiting on something from Disney.

I’m just wondering if you know if closing docs come after the estoppel is received? I passed ROFR 2 days ago and received closing docs this evening. I’m using Cammy too. But, the closing date listed is May 14th which seems a long time away if they aren’t waiting on something from Disney.
Once you get the closing docs from Cammy, that means she has received your estoppel. Once she has all of yours and the sellers signed documents back, she will close for you. She did mine within a day or two of receiving them back
from the seller. I had returned mine first. That date Is usually an estimate. Unless the sellers have a vacation booked and they can’t close until after 5/14? That should have been listed on your dealers site though. If not, you can expect to close within a few days of both sets of documents going back to Cammy. Just a tip, ask her to verify the points on the estoppel against what your contract said. I had a discrepancy once my contract loaded on my DVC Dashboard. It took over a month to work out. If I ever purchase another resale contract, I plan to ask for the verification.

So... I'm in a similar position, and I'm pretty sure my seller had multiple contracts listed. He failed to disclose an existing May reservation, so even though I have my closing docs, I found out yesterday we can't close until May. Same title company & agent, so I wonder of you're dealing with the same issue.

Once you get the closing docs from Cammy, that means she has received your estoppel. Once she has all of yours and the sellers signed documents back, she will close for you. She did mine within a day or two of receiving them back
from the seller. I had returned mine first. That date Is usually an estimate. Unless the sellers have a vacation booked and they can’t close until after 5/14? That should have been listed on your dealers site though. If not, you can expect to close within a few days of both sets of documents going back to Cammy. Just a tip, ask her to verify the points on the estoppel against what your contract said. I had a discrepancy once my contract loaded on my DVC Dashboard. It took over a month to work out. If I ever purchase another resale contract, I plan to ask for the verification.
Thanks! You were right! Everything is ready to go on my end now. Just waiting on the seller to send back their paperwork now. 😊

Thanks! You were right! Everything is ready to go on my end now. Just waiting on the seller to send back their paperwork now. 😊
I hope they send their documents back fast! I’ve purchased 2 resale contracts. It is strange to me how long some sellers take to return their documents. You would think they would want their money and to close ASAP. Lol good luck and I’m glad you are going to be closing soon 😊

I hope they send their documents back fast! I’ve purchased 2 resale contracts. It is strange to me how long some sellers take to return their documents. You would think they would want their money and to close ASAP. Lol good luck and I’m glad you are going to be closing soon 😊
Thanks! Me too! 🤞🏻

I heard from my broker today. The seller mailed his docs yesterday, so we should be closing next week! 😊 If it actually closes next week, that will be amazing as today is exactly one month after I made the offer! (Of course, this was my third attempt and the other two were taken, but still happy with the timeline on this one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter