Tyler and Katrina

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by Ricky D, May 4, 2019.

1. AggieDizzer

AggieDizzer Earning My Ears

I am sure there is a reason why they can't say anything, but it is kind of strange that just when we start getting attached to a new host or contributor, when they leave the show little or nothing is said about it. But as they say, "the show must go on"! I do like some of the new voices on the shows, like Fiasco. I hope he hangs around. And it sounds like Pete is bringing in some other new folks for the DL show.

And I am certain that Charles is on the yacht. ;)

CampbellzSoup and SorcererHeidi like this.
  2. Lindsey17

Lindsey17 Earning My Ears

While I do find it odd that Pete was very open about Dustin leaving, but any one who has left since it seems to be very hush hush.

However, at the end of the day it's their job and it really is no ones business why someone left or was let go. I surely wouldn't want everyone knowing why I was no longer employed somewhere. Trust me I'm as curious as everyone else, but think people on the show still deserve their privacy. However, if Ryno or Craig ever leave I may have to riot lol.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. smiths02

smiths02 DIS Veteran

Steve was also mentioned (even though he came back). JL was allowed to say goodbye. Both Dustin and Steve moved to other states and pursued different kinds of jobs.

I am sure some circumstances are not ideal when it comes to leaving the DIS, and it really isn't anyone's business. Pete just can't say. Other people may resign without much notice and/or become competition. In that case, I can see Pete not making big fuss and giving them more publicity. We know Oliver and JL stayed in Orlando.

dkrauss likes this.
  5. Lindsey17

Lindsey17 Earning My Ears

Good point about Steve. I agree with you 100% that it really is no one's business. Plus constantly asking the other team members during live chats or YT comments where someone went is unfair to them as well.

6. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic DIS Veteran

I don’t think it’s anyone business what the reasons or motivations were. But there is still a space to say “so and so is no longer with us, we wish them the best.” Fans can offer kudos and thanks.
    I am still disappointed the DL show didn’t get a “goodbye” show and a chance to relish their hard work. Pete celebrates his milestones aka 1000 shows; I think he could do a little more to toast others around him. Publicly and privately, the old cast was nothing but exceptionally classy and gracious about the change. They were mere weeks from their 500th show. I thought they should have pulled them in to toast that milestone.
    Where the old cast got almost a non-existent send off after several years, (in a change that was no one’s fault) it doesn’t surprise me T & K left without even a word.

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM
  7. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic DIS Veteran

Thank you for letting us know.

8. luchamouse

luchamouse Mouseketeer

I liked Tyler’s contributions in the 7 in 7s last year. Sorry to see him go. They need to announce the departures, it’s weird that these people are just ghosted out. Listeners and viewers grow attached. I really hope they pop up as vloggers elsewhere. I valued their insight.

9. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

They needed to go. I'm sure they are lovely people in real life, but their video presence was...not great.

CampbellzSoup likes this.
  10. Hunterr

Hunterr DIS Veteran

They don't have to have a big explanation. Just a quick 'hey, they're no longer with us' blaba.

But it's been weeks at this point. It ain't happening. We only just found out because a viewer saw them at the park and told us here.

11. Twitterpaited

Twitterpaited Mouseketeer

I liked Tyler and Katrina very much. I watched their vlogs mostly just because I like them, not necessarily for the content.

The Dis needs to figure out a better format for the Disneyland show that gives the Disneyland team their proper due. The Orlando team has really taken over that show.