Tyler and Katrina

If people don’t read the boards, it’s too bad they never acknowledge these people are gone in housekeeping on the show..

I am sure there is a reason why they can't say anything, but it is kind of strange that just when we start getting attached to a new host or contributor, when they leave the show little or nothing is said about it. But as they say, "the show must go on"! I do like some of the new voices on the shows, like Fiasco. I hope he hangs around. And it sounds like Pete is bringing in some other new folks for the DL show.

And I am certain that Charles is on the yacht. ;)

While I do find it odd that Pete was very open about Dustin leaving, but any one who has left since it seems to be very hush hush.

However, at the end of the day it's their job and it really is no ones business why someone left or was let go. I surely wouldn't want everyone knowing why I was no longer employed somewhere. Trust me I'm as curious as everyone else, but think people on the show still deserve their privacy. However, if Ryno or Craig ever leave I may have to riot lol.

While I do find it odd that Pete was very open about Dustin leaving, but any one who has left since it seems to be very hush hush.

However, at the end of the day it's their job and it really is no ones business why someone left or was let go. I surely wouldn't want everyone knowing why I was no longer employed somewhere. Trust me I'm as curious as everyone else, but think people on the show still deserve their privacy. However, if Ryno or Craig ever leave I may have to riot lol.

Steve was also mentioned (even though he came back). JL was allowed to say goodbye. Both Dustin and Steve moved to other states and pursued different kinds of jobs.

I am sure some circumstances are not ideal when it comes to leaving the DIS, and it really isn't anyone's business. Pete just can't say. Other people may resign without much notice and/or become competition. In that case, I can see Pete not making big fuss and giving them more publicity. We know Oliver and JL stayed in Orlando.

Steve was also mentioned (even though he came back). JL was allowed to say goodbye. Both Dustin and Steve moved to other states and pursued different kinds of jobs.

I am sure some circumstances are not ideal when it comes to leaving the DIS, and it really isn't anyone's business. Pete just can't say. Other people may resign without much notice and/or become competition. In that case, I can see Pete not making big fuss and giving them more publicity. We know Oliver and JL stayed in Orlando.

Good point about Steve. I agree with you 100% that it really is no one's business. Plus constantly asking the other team members during live chats or YT comments where someone went is unfair to them as well.

I don’t think it’s anyone business what the reasons or motivations were. But there is still a space to say “so and so is no longer with us, we wish them the best.” Fans can offer kudos and thanks.
I am still disappointed the DL show didn’t get a “goodbye” show and a chance to relish their hard work. Pete celebrates his milestones aka 1000 shows; I think he could do a little more to toast others around him. Publicly and privately, the old cast was nothing but exceptionally classy and gracious about the change. They were mere weeks from their 500th show. I thought they should have pulled them in to toast that milestone.
Where the old cast got almost a non-existent send off after several years, (in a change that was no one’s fault) it doesn’t surprise me T & K left without even a word.

Last edited:
I liked Tyler’s contributions in the 7 in 7s last year. Sorry to see him go. They need to announce the departures, it’s weird that these people are just ghosted out. Listeners and viewers grow attached. I really hope they pop up as vloggers elsewhere. I valued their insight.

Thanks for the heads up there. I’ve been wondering what has been going on for weeks

I had time to digest the apparent departure of T & K. In my experience, almost all people whom leave their current jobs it is rare that I see a detailed reason for their departure. It's always been, "XXX is no longer with the company" and nothing else detailed from a corporate perspective.

But, companies that have public viewers tend to get attached to the personality which is what a company would want for repeat viewership. This is the friction point in my opinion. To me, it's akin to my favorite newscasters and then one of them leaving. In almost all cases that I've seen, there is a public declaration that the person has left the team. So then my question I ask myself is does this thought process apply to members of this team? Clearly, it's not my call, but I do find some parallels to the newscasters scenario.

Regardless, I really enjoy(ed) the T & K perspectives as a younger couple traversing the Disney landscape.

I honestly didn't really know Tyler or Katrina as I only heard them a couple of times, but it's the same issue as with Charles recently and others before him. I totally understand not giving any reason for a team member's departure. That's none of our business. What I simply can't comprehend is there being no announcement or acknowledgement at all. They do a weekly show that starts with "Housekeeping". Certainly, a 10-second message that "We just wanted to let everyone know that Charles (or Tyler or Katrina) is no longer with the DIS and we thank him/her for their contributions" wouldn't violate any privacy or HR rules and it would prevent all these speculation threads.

I honestly didn't really know Tyler or Katrina as I only heard them a couple of times, but it's the same issue as with Charles recently and others before him. I totally understand not giving any reason for a team member's departure. That's none of our business. What I simply can't comprehend is there being no announcement or acknowledgement at all. They do a weekly show that starts with "Housekeeping". Certainly, a 10-second message that "We just wanted to let everyone know that Charles (or Tyler or Katrina) is no longer with the DIS and we thank him/her for their contributions" wouldn't violate any privacy or HR rules and it would prevent all these speculation threads.

Totally agree with this. It seems like the generic statement so so is no longer with the Dis would keep all the speculating from happening on the boards.

I have noticed this thing with the newer cast where there is a blend of self-promotion. Morgan is an Instagrammer and tags herself to drive traffic to her, new Cory has his own YouTube channel, Katrina and Tyler did some of this as well, looking to do collabs.
Craig, Ryno, Steve, etc post on social but it’s never struck me as self-promotion, they are just posting as more of personal accounts. Charles definitely wasn’t out to be a Youtube star.
I am not really sure what I am saying, just something I have noticed? I think I relate better to those who seem to be regular people who are Disney fans. Maybe a sincerity? Maybe I am just old? Haha.

I liked Tyler’s contributions in the 7 in 7s last year. Sorry to see him go. They need to announce the departures, it’s weird that these people are just ghosted out. Listeners and viewers grow attached. I really hope they pop up as vloggers elsewhere. I valued their insight.

I agree. Totally understand that people come and go, but you definitely do get attached and it’s nice to have some sense of closure!

I have noticed this thing with the newer cast where there is a blend of self-promotion. Morgan is an Instagrammer and tags herself to drive traffic to her, new Cory has his own YouTube channel, Katrina and Tyler did some of this as well, looking to do collabs.
Craig, Ryno, Steve, etc post on social but it’s never struck me as self-promotion, they are just posting as more of personal accounts. Charles definitely wasn’t out to be a Youtube star.
I am not really sure what I am saying, just something I have noticed? I think I relate better to those who seem to be regular people who are Disney fans. Maybe a sincerity? Maybe I am just old? Haha.
People can be Disney fans and also have had a prior YouTube/social media presence. It would seem weird to disqualify them just because they did stuff prior to the Dis...

Ryno/etc do enough Disney/park stuff for their main job. They don’t need to have a separate place where they post park content.

I have noticed that most of Corey Fiasco’s content on YouTube is focused on pin collecting and other merch, so it is not really competing against the Dis content.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts