Two Girls in the World, With No Parents Allowed May 16-21, 2011 **COMPLETE**

CHAPTER 7 – "ARE YOU OKAY?"

After our quick naps and a wardrobe change we hopped on the bus and made our way over to Disney Hollywood Studios for some fun and Fantasmic. It was getting to be late in the afternoon so we had to have a plan of attack because we knew the park would be busy. We got there and went straight to ToT, there was a 10 min wait for I talked Danielle into joining me in the Twilight Zone :scared1:. She hates heights but loves the ToT movie with Kirstin Dunst so since she had never been on the ride before that was her motivation. Thank god the wait was short because I don’t know if she would have made it, but she did HURRAY!! :yay: I was nervous for her the entire time, this picture says it all, taken mid scream, Lauren to Danielle "Are you okay?".

cimg3010j.jpg

But we made it out of there alive and back to realty were we decided maybe a break is in order, and a treat. We walked over RnRC to get FP before going to KNRN to ordered a strawberry banana smoothie, we chatted it up with a nice CM at the counter (Phillip) and once we were ready we handed over the KTTW to pay with DDP. He was so nice he said not to worry about it and that it was on him for her birthday. AWESOME, it tasted even better because we saved a snack credit.

cimg3011.jpg

After our awesome score we walked over to TSM and the wait said 40 minutes, we thought hmm not bad. We hoped in line and once we made it to the section where you pick up your glasses they were asking for 2 riders. Well, we thought, we were 2 riders, so we walked on over and skipped the rest of the line. How perfect was that! :cutie: I don’t know why or how nor did I care. The wait ended up being 20 minutes for us total, which has never happened before in our lives.

cimg3014z.jpg

Once we got out we thought about going again, but didn’t want to push our luck so instead we just strolled around and looked at the sights and pick up a carrot cake cookie for later. We ended up in the Magic of Animation Studio and met up with some old friends.

cimg3027ix.jpg

cimg3031.jpg

cimg3028g.jpg

cimg3026a.jpg

We took the most important tests of our lives and discovered that Danielle is most like Cinderella and I am most like Ariel. Very fitting since I am blonde and Danielle use to originally be red.

cimg3030h.jpg

cimg3032m.jpg

Once we said our goodbyes, we headed over the RnRC with our FP. Our nerves we settled from ToT and it was now or never since the Fantasmic was line quickly forming on the main street. We jumped in the FP line and quickly made it through. This ride is so fast I swear it is over in 60 seconds, at least that is how it seems, there is not even time for me to be scared on this ride because by the time I am it is finished, works out nice for me :thumbsup2.

cimg3037w.jpg

Once we left RnRC the line for Fantasmic was crazy so we decided to succumb to the crowd and join the line. We got great seats right in the center aisle near the top so I didn’t get all wet and cold from Mickey and his waves. Now, we decided, was the perfect time for us to enjoy our delicious, moist, sweet, carrot cake cookie.

cimg3038p.jpg

Fantasmic was excellent, as per usual, but I didn’t take any pictures because my camera was not having a good time with the dark and the movements, but we all know what it looks like, for those of you that don’t it is a MUST DO! After Fantasmic it was almost 11:00 and time to go home and get some beauty sleep.

TOMORROW ANIMAL KINGDOM AND YAK AND YETI

Joining in! How lucky to be able to ride so many times!

I remember watching the ToT movie at like, thirteen or something and feeling so ~edgy~ and grown-up being able to watch a scary movie on TV. But I didn't like the ending - mostly because I would've been terribly disappointed to get only a bracelet for my birthday! :)

Joining in! How lucky to be able to ride so many times!

I remember watching the ToT movie at like, thirteen or something and feeling so ~edgy~ and grown-up being able to watch a scary movie on TV. But I didn't like the ending - mostly because I would've been terribly disappointed to get only a bracelet for my birthday! :)

:wave2: Thanks for joining in!! Funny story, we could not find that movie anywhere. Then when Danielle was in grade 10 her highschool choir went to Disney to sing and she bought it for $30, she spent practically all her souviner money on it. Now we watch it every Halloween, it a tradition along with Halloween Town. The movie was scary though back in the days, spooky witch, I always knew there was something shady going on there

CHAPTER 8 – ANOTHER SCORE FOR THE BIRTHDAY BUTTON

So we awoke to find ourselves in the wonderful world of Disney still. Today was the day we would visit the animals :jumping1: . The park didn’t open till 9:00 so that gave us a little break from all the go go go. We got up and were ready around 8:00, then we went down to the Main Hall for breakfast. Every day Danielle and I would split the exact same thing, the bounty platter, no sausage, extra bacon. Today was the same.

cimg3051.jpg

We headed towards the bus and were on our way to more fun and excitement than we could handle.

We got there right after rope drop (another failure, we seldom make it). Priority #1 was the Kilimanjaro Safari, we like to catch the animals early before it gets too hot outside, but the line was already crazy long so we grabbed FP instead. Then we headed over to Expedition Everest. This was also another first for Danielle, and she was a little nervous again until we ran into this little ditty in the queue which calmed her completely, plus there was no line so we had to keep moving no matter what.

dscf3246z.jpg

I am happy to announce that Danielle lived to tell her story to the world about her love of Josh Gates.

dscf3248w.jpg

After our near brush with death on EE we headed over to Dinosaur, this is by far our favourite ridey ride at AK, we like the zoo rides but this one is a ridey ride. We went on Dinosaur again, and again, and again... the CM’s came to know us, but there were just enough people riding that we still had to get off and walk around :sad1:.

dscf3256i.jpg

After all that time travel we were hungry, so we decided to head over to Pizzafari for some pizza and air conditioning, we stopped to see some friends on the way. We got the pepperoni pizza combo with salad, chocolate mousse, a large sprite and ranch dressing on the side. We split this as well, after all we are sisters and we like to share. It was typical Disney QS, nothing to write home about, but defiantly hit the spot.

dscf3299q.jpg

We returned back to the Safari after lunch, the line was still long but not unbearable. When we got up to the FP collector he let us keep our FP because it was Danielle’s birthday, awesome, another score for the birthday button!

dscf3291lg.jpg

After we returned from our African Safari adventure we thought hm... what should we do, :idea:, Rafiki's Planet Watch!! Now we had never been here before and only stayed for a short time because I'm not one for petting goats really, I mean I can do that at home. We met up with some friends and then moved on.

dscf3304m.jpg

dscf3302e.jpg

A nice CM gave Danielle a birthday penny to make a wish in this wishing well, but I high jacked it and traded her a ugly yucky penny for her nice shiney birthday penny for my much needed penny hunting :yay:.

dscf3305j.jpg

Afterwards, we headed over to the Kali River Rapids, the wait said 30 minutes but let me tell you it was way longer. The queue at Kali is very detailed though; I have to admit if I am waiting in line that is one of the nicest waits with the birds and the jungle and what not. We were now ready for rapid fun.

dscf3315h.jpg

dscf3321u.jpg

Afterwards we were wet like soggy dogs so we decided to head back to the room before our dinner at Y&Y.

STAY TUNED FOR YAK AND YETI REVIEW

CHAPTER 9 – ‘YACK’ AND YETI

We returned to the room to freshen up and get changed. We needed to switch into some appropriate golf clothing because we were going to Fantasia Gardens after dinner :cool1:. We returned back to AK and went to visit with some more friends; the lines were super short because it was time for Mickey’s Jungle Jammin’ Parade.

cimg3053i.jpg

cimg3054r.jpg

We found this little ditty on the ground, there was another one but I didn't know what it was. I think a lot of people miss these Disney touches.

cimg3105.jpg

Afterwards we caught the tail end of the parade before heading on safari with our unused FP.

cimg3062t.jpg

cimg3064r.jpg

This time we actually kind of saw the lion (this photo is like super zoomed btw).

cimg3105.jpg

It was getting close to our 5:30 reservations now so instead of being late we started to walk that way. We check in at Yak and Yeti and were seated right away; I guess a lot of people don’t make ADR’s at park closing time. While we waited for our table I took a creative picture.

cimg3114i.jpg

Our waitress, whose name I don’t remember, was really nice. She gave us a minute to look over the menu then took our order. We didn’t feel rushed even though it was the end of the night.

Danielle ordered the Baby Back Ribs, the same thing she got last time and she thought they were just as good. She is a big rib fan so she would know. For dessert this time she got the New York Cheesecake, when in Rome right, oh wait a second... well any way that’s what she wanted :confused3. She said it was good, tasted just like regular cheesecake.

cimg3121t.jpg

cimg3122d.jpg

I ordered the Honey Glazed Chicken with brown rice, this rice was much better than the jasmine rice I got last time. This was also the same thing I ordered last time (minus the rice) but I really only eat chicken so my options are limited. For dessert I ordered the Fried Wontons, I also got these last time but they are heaven so I couldn’t say no to them.

cimg3120.jpg

cimg3123q.jpg

REVIEW – Now at the time I would have given this meal a 4/5, just because it does lack the Disney lustre, however to be expected since Disney doesn’t have anything to do with Y&Y. But afterwards I did not feel so hot :sick:. This is the second time I have gotten sick at Disney both times having eaten at Y&Y prior. I’ve always liked this restaurant but now I feel like it’s a jinx for me, you know like when you get a pit in peach yogurt, I always stay clear for awhile. Danielle doesn’t care either way, she isn’t attached to Y&Y so I don’t think we will be coming back. It was good while it lasted.

UP NEXT FANTASIA GARDENS

CHAPTER 10 – LONGEST BUS RIDE EVER

Now even though I wasn’t feeling 110% I still wasn’t going to be a party pooper so we hoped on a bus to the Swan and Dolphin from AK to get as close to our golfing extravaganza as possible.

cimg3130i.jpg

We got off the bus at the Swan and had just a short walk around the hotel and across the busiest four lanes of traffic in Disney; I swear there has to be a better way to get to golf than this. At any rate, we made it there alive and in one piece :thumbsup2.

It was busy when we got there and the wait was 25 minutes for Fantasia Gardens or you could golf immediately on Fantasia Fairways, we opted to wait since I still wasn’t feeling great :sick: we hoped it would give me time to get over it. They stagger and have you wait so it separates the teams playing but it doesn’t work very well because by the time we started we had caught up to the team ahead of us within two holes and they had caught up to the teams ahead of them shortly after.

cimg3144l.jpg

I tried and tried to get the ball up this 'waterfall' but it just kept coming back to me, by this point I was dying from both my lack of golf skills and shear nausea.

cimg3146c.jpg

cimg3167p.jpg

We saw this little guy at the golf course too, he wasn't golfing, just out for a night on the town.

cimg3151u.jpg

cimg3161c.jpg

cimg3154.jpg

cimg3163.jpg

We were only playing with 2 people but other teams were playing up to 6. We hung around till about the 9th hole but I still wasn’t feeling great and now we were waiting for 4 teams ahead of us to finish so we decided we had gotten our 6 dollars worth and left for what would be the longest bus ride in Disney history back to our hotel.

cimg3170k.jpg

After we walked back to the Swan we hoped on a bus for DTD, thinking we could connect with POP there and be able to go home. This bus ride turned into the 47 minute bus ride from h – e – double hockey sticks. We continued to the other 5 hotels on the buses route and when we stopped at the Dolphin met up with 2 other DTD buses which were also waiting. We proceeded to follow these buses to every single hotel on the route and all 3 buses would wait for no one to board them. Then on top of that our bus split off from the pack finally after the last Resort and took the longest most roundabout way to DTD. I would be really disappointed if I had paid money to stay at a Deluxe Resort and this had happened to me, this experience has turned me off from Boardwalk Area completely. In total the trip home from golf took 1 hr and 26 min. This was the end of the worst night ever; once we got back to the POP we called it a night.

*** Side Note :) - If you go to Fantasia Gardens make sure you use your CAA (AAA) card and the coupon they give you for staying on site, we ended up paying just over 12.00 to golf for 2 people, it was a great deal.

NEXT UP A BETTER DAY – MAGIC KINGDOM

Hi! Just read all of it :thumbsup2 I'm really close with my sister and I really hope that when we're older we can do trips together like you and Danielle did. That's awesome about all the attention Danielle got for her birthday button, especially TT! Sorry about your bus ride to DD and to POP. I've read that the busses to and from the Boardwalk and DD are notoriously bad. The rest of the transportation isn't bad but that specific trip is always bad. Anyway, I'm reading along! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! Mini golf is one of my favorite activities (especially when it's followed up with ice cream). I usually go in small groups and traffic jams always occur! I wish that there was a better way than just staggering to manage groups.

The random Jiminy at Rafiki's Planet Watch makes me laugh. That's really the best spot for Jiminy? There really wasn't anyone else to put in that area? Unless their plan is to guilt people into coming over and look around, but I don't think that plan works very well. :rolleyes:

I've read that the busses to and from the Boardwalk and DD are notoriously bad. The rest of the transportation isn't bad but that specific trip is always bad. Anyway, I'm reading along! :goodvibes

WELCOME!! Thanks for joining in :). We have never stayed at a deluxe resort so we have never experienced the bus system there before, hind site we wish we would have just walked the boardwalk back to epcot. Boggles my mind how the resorts cost so much money and the transportation is so in the toilet. We will stick with our fabulous moderate/value bus systems :thumbsup2.

The random Jiminy at Rafiki's Planet Watch makes me laugh. That's really the best spot for Jiminy? There really wasn't anyone else to put in that area? Unless their plan is to guilt people into coming over and look around, but I don't think that plan works very well.

:lmao: We thought the same thing. We had never been out there before and when we got there we didn't think there was that much to see. I wanted to watch animal surgery but Danielle isn't big on that kind of stuff, makes her sick. There were some good characters with short lines but that was about it. We meet Pinocchio the next day, they should put the two of them together in MK, that would be the cats meow, but alas planet watch it is for Jiminy :confused3

My sister and I are also very close, so I relate to this TR a lot. She is moving to Florida for work soon. We're both getting annual passes on our upcoming trip (9 days!) so I plan on visiting her a lot while she's living there so we can take some weekend trips to Disney.

WELCOME!! Thanks for joining in :). We have never stayed at a deluxe resort so we have never experienced the bus system there before, hind site we wish we would have just walked the boardwalk back to epcot. Boggles my mind how the resorts cost so much money and the transportation is so in the toilet. We will stick with our fabulous moderate/value bus systems :thumbsup2.

I know right! AKL has a really good bus system, but other than that I think they should all have their own busses. :confused3 I REALLY hope the AoA doesn't share with POP. That would be terrible haha!​

My sister and I are also very close, so I relate to this TR a lot. She is moving to Florida for work soon. We're both getting annual passes on our upcoming trip (9 days!) so I plan on visiting her a lot while she's living there so we can take some weekend trips to Disney.

JEALOUS!!! That sounds like my dream life. You are so lucky annual pass with florida resident discount :cloud9: swoooon

CHAPTER 11 – TOO LATE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE

I woke up feeling much better the next day, thank god, cause last trip I ended up in bed for 2 days, dying. Housekeeping was starting to get nervous. I got ready and woke Danielle up, she was stoked that we were back on track for fun and excitment, she had been nervous she would be touring the world alone :sad2:. We got ready, had our usual breakfast then boarded the bus for HWS. Our goal, to ride TSM one more time before departure tomorrow. We arrived just after rope drop and ran with all the other patrons to TSM to get FP for the day, however when we got there they were already for 5:00pm, this was not going to fit into our plans :headache:. The line was outrageously long, 90 mins, and I am not one for lines so after a little powwow we decided to forgo HWS all together today and move onto MK. So back to the front of the park and to the Transportation Center. Our little fopaw cost us an entire Disney hour, oh poop.

Any way please enjoy these pictures from our other day since we didn't take any at HWS this morning.

If anyone is feeling generous, I want this...
cimg3035b.jpg

And this :)
cimg3034f.jpg

Danielle had a feeling something was close by...
cimg3024.jpg

A dinosaur, ahhhh :scared1:
cimg3025z.jpg

cimg3023lo.jpg

This door was so hot, it was practically on fire when I touched it.
cimg3018bl.jpg

ALRIGHT, NOW ONWARD FOR MORE OF OUR FUNTASTIC VOYAGE

Hey, just found your report and I am in! My sister and I also took our very first no parents trip over the spring. It was so much fun, we hope to do it again someday.

popcorn:: I just found your report. I am jealous that you and your sister got to go together...alone... I now have to wait for my niece to grow up before I can steal away my sister. :confused3 or maybe I'll just take my niece... hmmmm :rotfl2:
Thank you for sharing...

Hey, just found your report and I am in! My sister and I also took our very first no parents trip over the spring. It was so much fun, we hope to do it again someday.

I'll have to check out your TR I love reading non family oriented reports. Not that I'm antifamily but sister reports are just more fun since we don't do all that family stuff :laughing:. Thanks for reading along!!

I just found your report. I am jealous that you and your sister got to go together...alone... I now have to wait for my niece to grow up before I can steal away my sister. or maybe I'll just take my niece... hmmmm Thank you for sharing...

I think you should do both, go to Disney any chance you get :yay:. We are going again in January wit the family and then again in May to celebrate Danielle's big 2-3 and hopefully my graduation. It's nice to go with a small group as long as you get along. Danielle and I like everything the same practically, so we have fun doing anything together. Thanks for checking in a reading along :cutie:.

CHAPTER 12 – WHITE AND WATER DON’T MIX

After our early morning debacle we made it to MK with good time thanks to the Monorail system. We had so much to do today at MK since we cut the first day short, where to begin? I know!! Where we left off!!

cimg3183k.jpg

cimg3215z.jpg

cimg3176t.jpg

We headed over to Frontierland again, our favourite place to be. We grabbed FP for Splash Mountain and then hopped on Thunder Mountain since the wait wasn’t that bad. We rode that twice then went over to HM to wait for our FP. We rode that a few times then headed over to Fantasyland. By now it was hot and sunny out, so we popped into Mickey’s Philharmagic to cool down.

After that we met a couple friends for a quick visit and a how ya doing. Mary was being kind of weird today, she totally boxed me out of the picture, however, everyone else was in good spirits.

cimg3227in.jpg

cimg3225.jpg

cimg3229.jpg

Then we rode the carousel and the tea cups. It was starting to be around lunch time now so we figured we would walk back over use our SM FP and grab a burger.

cimg3222i.jpg

cimg3219o.jpg

cimg3228i.jpg

cimg3241f.jpg

We went to Peco Bills for lunch and it was a zoo. It was so busy we opted for the divide and conquer technique. Danielle went to find a table while I ordered us lunch. I got us the 1/3 Deluxe Angus Burger, and let me tell you even though I am not a burger fan, this was scrumptious. We split this meal of course along with some fries a strawberry yogurt and a large sprite. I neglected to take any pictures though, sorry.

After lunch we rode Splash Mountain, we were glad we waited because it was so hot out it was the perfect time to get wet. Usually once we ride the water rides we go home to freshen up, I hate walking around in wet clothes, especially when you are wearing a white dress
(duh, what was I thinking :headache:), so we headed for Main St. to catch a bus to the POP. To freshen up and get beautiful to see our favourite Prince tonight :love:.

cimg3250.jpg

UP NEXT CINDERELLA’S HAPPILY EVER AFTER DINNER AT 1900 PARK FARE

Great TR so far! And congrats on all the birthday scores!

Thanks and Double Thanks!! We love to hear from people who are reading along, thanks a bunch for joinging in. We always go to disney to celebrate something cause it is the best place to celebrate :banana:. We are button bananas but the birthday button by far has been the best, it's always a conversation starter.

I'll have to check out your TR I love reading non family oriented reports. Not that I'm antifamily but sister reports are just more fun since we don't do all that family stuff :laughing:. Thanks for reading along!!

Dude I feel the same way! Nothing against the people with kids but I just find the child free TRs way more entertaining and easier to relate to.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter