Two Girls in the World, With No Parents Allowed May 16-21, 2011 **COMPLETE**

Windsor Princesses

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!!

Welcome to our Disney Trip Report from May 2011 - Two Girls in the World, With No Parents Allowed

Thanks for checking in. This trip was a celebration of mine and my sisters summer independence from our hectic school schedules, Danielle’s 22nd Birthday, as well as being free from our parents since this was our.... (Drum roll please) VERY FIRST TRIP TO DISNEY ALONE WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPERVISON!! :yay: I know, exciting right. Anyway, to formerly introduce ourselves:

cimg3022t.jpg

My name is Lauren. I am a paramedic student from Windsor, for all of you that do not have a map handy that is just across the river from Detroit MI. For me this trip was a celebration of making it through my school year alive. For Danielle’s birthday I surprised her with a no parents, sisters only trip alone to fabulous Disney world. We go to Disney every year usually around March break, but this would be our first adventure completely alone.

cimg2960o.jpg

Danielle is my sister. She was celebrating her coming of age at 22 this trip. I know she just looks like a little baby, but she is really getting old now, at least she thinks she is, but no matter how old, you can never be too old for Disney. She would like me to add that she is not the most photogenic person, but she has come to accept it and hopes you all will too.

We have been on the DIS board forever, looking at everyone’s advice and I just recently thought, gosh Lauren, you are so silly, why have you never made your own account, so I did.

We headed down to Disney from sunny hot Windsor Ontario May 16-20; WE WERE ON THE DINING PLAN. We always go on the dining plan because my parents like to have everything paid for before we go. That way, anything extra seems like nothing because the food is already paid for, I did the math and on DDP we usually break at just about even because I don`t really like meat and steer clear of red meat entirely. We stayed at the Pop Century in a preferred CAA (AAA in the USA) room, more about that later.

Hopefully everyone enjoys the trip; I will try and be as helpful as possible with answering questions. Let us know what you like and don’t like. We look forward to hearing from all of you. Have fun reading along.... and awayyyyyyy we go!!:woohoo:

HERE IS WHAT WE ALL HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO

TABLE OF CONTENTS

CHAPTER 1 – NICE TO MEET YOU

CHAPTER 2 – LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

CHAPTER 3 – IT’S THE WILDEST RIDE!!

CHAPTER 4 – KONA CAFE

CHAPTER 5 - I NEED A HAIR TIE

CHAPTER 6 – AROUND THE WORLD IN ONLY 2 HOURS

CHAPTER 7 – “ARE YOU OKAY?”

CHAPTER 8 – ANOTHER SCORE FOR THE BIRTHDAY BUTTON

CHAPTER 9 – ‘YACK’ AND YETI :sick:

CHAPTER 10 – LONGEST BUS RIDE EVER

CHAPTER 11 – TOO LATE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE

CHAPTER 12 – WHITE AND WATER DON’T MIX

CHAPTER 13 – A DREAM IS A WISH

CHAPTER 14 – TO MAKING IT COUNT

CHAPTER 15 – GRANDE FINALE​

CHAPTER 2 – LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

We packed up and left sunny Windsor at a painful 6:30 in the morning. We have to leave extra early because crossing the border sometimes is tricky, you never know what kind of mood the customs officers are going to be in, however, we made it across without any problems and no hardly any line up at the bridge. Our Mom dropped us off at the Detroit Metro Airport and we said our goodbyes. Check-in was a breeze; we made it through security and decided it was time for breakfast. We got a sandwich from Gourmet PB&J, all I can saw was a lot of bread and very little anything else, I think next time I will stick with a scone from Starbucks.

dscf3241w.jpg

Once we boarded the plane we were on our way for a short 2 hr and 40 mins flight to ORLANDO FLORIDA. We were disappointed to find that when we landed it was colder in Florida than it was at home :confused3. We made our way to the Magical Express and were at the POP after a short stop at CBR to drop off half the bus.

dscf3347qm.jpg

I had done the on-line check in ahead of time for we just walked right up grabbed our KTTW and went to unpack. I should add when we go to Disney we are light packers, we only pack what we can carry and everything else we buy, that way our luggage is never out of our sight. We don’t want to sit around all day waiting for checked luggage.

cimg2879.jpg

We got settled, changed, cleaned the room like crazy people (we hate germs), and were on our way to the Magic Kingdom for the day.

cimg2882p.jpg

We got off the bus just before 3 o’clock, with reservations at 8:15 we had just enough time to have some fun before we had our dinner date, but we were starving. We made a decision to stop for a cinnamon bun at the Main St. Bakery, and let me tell you it was yummy, however, in hindsight we wish we would have actually gotten a sandwich as well because we had extra credits at the end and by 6:00 we were starving to death and wasting away to nothingness.

DINNER RESERVATIONS LATER AT KONA - STAYED TUNED

The Cinnamon roll looks GREAT!!! :goodvibes Can't wait for your
review of Kona! even I though I won't be eating there when i go! :sad1:
always next time right?! :laughing:

True story Shaylalynn, there are so many places we havn't eaten at yet, it just means I will have to go back to Disney again, oh shoot what will I ever do with myself :rolleyes:

I just got back from a BUSY (that is a huge understandment) day at work. I'll try to get to my next post tonight :)

CHAPTER 3 – IT’S THE WILDEST RIDE!!

Annnnyway.... after our quick snack of delicious cinnamon bun, we made a beeline for Adventureland, we went to grab fast passes for the Jungle Cruise and GASP :scared1: Someone left one in the machine we looked around and there was no one at the machines, whoever had left this behind has obviously forgotten it, finders-keepers, so we only had to use one card to get one FP. We raced over to another FP for Splash Mountain and GASP :scared1: Someone left another FP in the machine, we were on a roll, we used our card again to get another FP and we were on our way.

cimg2884u.jpg

Since we had FP gold in our pockets we went over to the Haunted Mansion to wait for our FP to become active. We rode Mansion and still had time so we waited in line for TM. By now our FP were ready for Jungle Cruise so we walked back over to Adventureland.

cimg2885r.jpg

Is it just us our was that ride a lot more fun before? I know that they restrict what the CM’s say now, but still I just didn’t have as much fun as I did before. We got off Jungle Cruise and decided that we probably would not be back to Jungle Cruise for awhile, and that our time could be spent waiting in better lines.

Afterwards we headed back to SM to use our final FP for the night. We hate walking around the park all wet with soggy undergarments so we always save the best for last.

cimg2888.jpg

By now it was almost 6:00, and like I said, we were both starving to death. We decided to go hunt pennies (since I am an avid penny hunter) as we made our way to the gate for dinner. We found a few choice pennies then we left the park. Since we were still 2 hours early for dinner we made all the resort stops on the monorail and looked for pennies at the hotels too. We killed an hour and decided we couldn’t last any longer, WE HAD TO EAT! So we went and begged for early check-in at Kona. They gave us a buzzer and we waited...

COMING UP NEXT KONA REIVEW... THIS TIME I PROMISE

WOW, what luck with the fastpasses:thumbsup2 I cant believe you found one just sitting there at two rides! Good for you guys!

They restrict what the Jungle Cruise drivers say now? I didn't know that! What's up with that?

Hi Lauren :wave2: I'm joining in! Loving the TR so far.

I would love to have a sisters trip one day but one trip at a time - am going for the first time in September and am staying at Pop as well.

I'm glad you had no problems with crossing the border and had a great first day at MK. That cinnamon bun looks yummy and :woohoo: on the luck with the FPs. Look forward to hearing about your meal at Kona Cafe :goodvibes

Ya disneylovin24, we were talking with one of the guys who drives the boats afterwards and he said some people were getting into trouble with inappropriate comments so now they have a script that they are suppose to follow. We always looked forward to that ride BECAUSE it was so funny but now its practically the same every time we've been on it :sad2:, aaaw the good old days

TanzUnited99, you are going to have a blast at the POP, there were so many activities that we did not participate in due to our tight schedule. The pools were nice when we went, if you are close to the bowling pin pool I recommend that one, when we went there was only us and one other family at it, no where near as crowded as the flower pool. I am looking forward to reading about your first trip to Disney :yay:

CHAPTER 4 – KONA CAFE

We waited... but not for long :banana:, we only had to wait for 20 minutes which I was more than happy about, and my tummy was happy too. We had a very nice waiter whose name I completely forget now, it was like David or something, but anyway he explained the menu for DDP and left us to ponder our decisions, but being a DISer we already knew what we were having, thank god because there was no time to look at the menu when I was wasting away in my seat.

Danielle ordered the Teriyaki-style New York Strip (there are mashed potatoes under there somewhere), sorry about the terrible picture, we were so excited to eat food that pictures completely went out the window, dessert gets better, I promise.

cimg2893u.jpg

I ordered the Kona Cafe Experience – I got the Pot Stickers, Chicken Pan-Asian Noodles, and for Dessert, Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I was so excited about food I completely forgot about taking pictures of mine at all. It was really good though, a HUGE portion. I picked around and ate most of the chicken and veggies. The pot stickers were duck, having never had duck before I was a little nervous but they were delicious. The ginger sauce that came with them had just the right amount of sweetness, the duck was a lot more tender then I thought it would be. When it came time for dessert we were already so full that I asked for my cake to be boxed up and we just worked from Danielle's since her desserts weren't as "travel friendly".

cimg2898v.jpg

For dessert Danielle ordered the Kilauea Torte which was great. For a special added surprise a Danielle got a birthday cupcake.

cimg2895s.jpg

cimg2894e.jpg

REVIEW:All and all this was a GREAT meal, I don’t know if it is because we were starving or what but it was definitely 5 out of 5. The portions were huge, neither of us even came close to finishing our food. The dad at the next table over joked that he should eat with us more often, he wouldn’t even have to pay for his own meal :rotfl:. The service was excellent and we were impressed at how fast we were seated even though we were super early for our reservations. We would definitely eat here again.

After dinner we were so full and so sleepy from being up all day we thought it best just to call it a night and recoup for a full day of fun and excitement tomorrow. We hopped on the monorail to go back to MK and then caught a bus to return to POP.

TOMORROW EPCOT WITH EARLY EXTRA MAGIC HOURS

I loved reading your review of Kona Cafe and can't wait to eat there on our trip! :thumbsup2 Think I will be the same though in that the food will be too much and will end up boxing desserts to go!

Can't wait to read about your day at Epcot.

CHAPTER 5: I NEED A HAIR TIE

So DAY 2, we woke up bright and early at 6:40 and I started to get ready, once I was finished Danielle got up. She is not use to early rising so she was more than happy to stay in bed for a few extra minutes. We were out the door by 7:40 and on our way to EPCOT. When we arrived there were people all over the place. There were huge line ups, so we decided to just jump in one. We saw a short line over to the left but it was for the Princess Breakfast so we ignored it. Then 5 minutes later a nice CM from the left there came over and said he noticed our KTTW cards and that we could come into the park now if we wanted. We jumped on that, we were in the park before EMH even began WOOHOO!!

cimg2913n.jpg

Nothing was open just yet, they were still getting everything ready, but by the time we made it over to Ford TT we were the first in line. It was awesome! :yay: I wish I would have gotten the name of the guy at the front gate. We like to go the customer care center on our way our out and let them know all the CM’s who make our days at Disney extra special.

We hoped right on FTT with no wait, when we stopped at the seatbelt inspection before the ride began we had a short discussion with another CM (Bill) about how messy my hair was going to be, he wished us luck and we were on our way. **Notice how in the picture I have to hold my hair with my right hand, I needed a hair tie... baaaaaddddd.

photopass2.jpg

On the second go around it was a different CM at the seat belt area, after exiting the ride I decided to give in and throw my hair up since it was a windy mess. When we exited we saw Bill and I let him know that he was right, and that I did need a hair tie. He laughed and asked if we wanted to go on the ride again with no wait, we both looked at each other and said YAH!! He took us up the back through the handicap entrance via the elevator and walked us right onto the ride. This was awesome since a line had started to develop. One lady waiting in line asked us, "Which line did you guys come from?" we just smiled and said that we had made a friend. BILL IF YOU READ THIS, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! :lovestruc We rode the FTT 4 times that morning in 20 minutes it was the best morning in Disney yet.

photopass3.jpg

After that we headed over to Spaceship Earth, this new ride is so funny. We love picking our own world.

cimg2933t.jpg

After that we played some games in the Pavillion before heading over to Living with the Land.

cimg2934b.jpg

Our original plan was to get FP and then have breakfast but when we got inside there was no one there and the FP lines were closed so we got breakfast without the FP. We split the Breakfast bounty and Sunshine Seasons (sorry no pictures). Then we got on my favourite ride of all time, living with the land. I just think it is the coolest, I love the Mickey shaped veggies. Afterwards we went to Nemo and Figment before heading over to the World Showcase.

cimg2939.jpg

cimg2950j.jpg

UP NEXT LUNCH AT VIA NAPOLI

CHAPTER 6 – Around the World in ONLY 2 Hours

We walked over to the World Showcase via Mexcio but it was still closed :sad1: so we decided to walk around the other way and come in from Canada (woot woot). When we got around it was perfect timing. We decided we would stroll around and hunt pennies.

cimg2971.jpg

cimg2973n.jpg

We saw lots of character and decided now would also be a good time for meeting and greeting until it was time for our 12:45 lunch reservations.

cimg2981y.jpg

cimg2983n.jpg

EPCOT is the best place to meet character because they don’t have huge line-ups, like the other parks do. We walked around until 12:15 then we found ourselves back at Italy and we thought, let’s give check-in a try. We went to Via Napoli to check-in for our reservations and were seated right away. It was awesome, now we were going to be 30 minutes ahead on our itinerary.

cimg2991c.jpg

This was our first time eating at this restaurant and it was scrumptious, both food and wait staff :cloud9:. The only issue was a small language barrier but, I have to admit their English is far better than my Italian so kudos to them for speaking both. I forgot to mention earlier that we always order soda being on the DDP. I only mention it now because the drinking glasses here were so cool.

cimg2995.jpg

Danielle ordered the Mezze Rigatoni alla Creme con Pollo and she seemed to like it, we are both pretty picky eaters so where can you really go wrong with chicken and pasta.

cimg2996b.jpg

I ordered the Signature Pepperoni Pizza Pie and mmmmmmm was it yummy. It was just perfect, the crust was thin and crispy and NOT soggy in the middle. The give you some speal about dough from Italy or something but I couldn`t really grasp it. Long story short, pizza is a definite go here, but it was so much, even with sharing we boxed up half and took it back to the room (it was kind of soggy later but still good).

cimg3003f.jpg

cimg3002t.jpg

For dessert we ordered the Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni and the Zeppole di Ricotta both, I thought, were to die for. Danielle wasn’t a huge fan of the Zeppole but I think it was the calories that were holding her back, but in Disney those don’t count for me :cheer2: so I loved them. They came with fresh whipping cream and it was sooo good.

cimg2999ho.jpg

Also Danielle was surprised again with a yummy birthday cookie dessert thing and an Italian verson of Happy Birthday, it was intense.

REVIEW – We thought Via Napoli was a nice change from the regular Disney Pizza. Via Napoli is NOT quiet though, we didn’t find it loud, however it is a large room and was noisy from time to time. The meal was perfect and there are many other items on this menu we would like to try. We will defiantly be returning to this restaurant again, probably on a trip with the rents, this is somewhere they would like, at least I know for sure Mom will like it ;). After lunch we caught the bus and returned to the room to freshen up.

UP NEXT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS AND FANTASMIC!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter