Two Delicious Birthdays - 8 Days DxDDP/CL - UPDATE 7/12 Sci Fi!!

Definitely subscribing, great pics of 50s prime time and fabulous view. Sorry about the allergy problem though - could have been a nightmare.

Looking forward to more reviews, we are doing the DXDP for the first time this year so curious on your thoughts about it.

Thanks for all the support so far!! So after 50's Prime Time, we hit RRC and ToT--the line for Toy Story was a bit excessive for us, so we decided to go back and settle in the room. We hung our there just relaxing till dinner time. We took the short walk to the World Showcase and checked in for our reservation at Le Cellier. They were turning people away as the restaurant was completely booked. We waited about 15 minutes and were seated.

My phone had died, so I had used his to take the pix.... for some reason, they've been giving me problems when I uploaded them--so forgive me if these don't work as well as the others. Going forward all the others are on my phone and the links work for sure!!

The waiter took our drink order. I ordered a frozen strawberry drink and a water, dave went with an iced tea. The link failed for the picture of this, but I was brought a raspberry drink instead of strawberry. I decided not to complain, it was fine--just the principal of not getting what I ordered. I had heard good reviews and I wanted this to be a good experience.
IMG_0174.jpg

He brought the bread sticks out: pretzel, sourdough and multi-grain.
IMG_0175.jpg

(This is another failed pic... sorry!)
The waiter told us if we liked any certain bread that he'd bring us more.

The appetizers came out... He got the Cheddar Cheese soup which he is still raving about--and due to the lack of options to my liking.. I was adventurous and tried the lump crab with corn custard. This was not good, lol. Granted, I am picky--just not for me.
IMG_0176.jpg

Since I didn't like it, I asked for more sourdough (my fave) and he asked for more pretzel bread to dip in his soup. The waiter passed twice saying it would be right out. Well it never came... ever. Strike Two.

Dinner has arrived. He got the New York Strip (medium) with potatoes au gratin. It was well done and very tough--potatoes very salty. He has chanted "worst steak ever" every time this experience has been brought up. It's kind of like a joke now. And he just said it again on the couch, lol. He had choked most of it down since the waiter didn't show up until it was time for dessert. He really doesn't like anything more well done than medium.

IMG_0178.jpg

I ordered the filet with au gratin potatoes (mushroom allergy). I asked it be between medium and medium well. I was served a filet with mushroom risotto. Hmmm. I politely advised the gentleman that served us (not our waiter) that he must have grabbed the wrong one by accident because I got the au gratin. He was defensive and said this was mine. I assured him it was not... I gave him my order and was brought another dinner in a few minutes. Wow, some bread to munch on would be amazing about now :) Dave didn't cut into his until mine arrived b/c he's sweet like that. Our waiter came before mine was fixed and asked why I didnt have a plate, and I advised of the mix up. He said he would get more bread--never got it. He didn't show back up until dessert time. Oh and might I mention... my medium/medium well was also served well done. Lame!! Why!! I want to like this place!!
IMG_0177.jpg

So we choked down our meals, kinda mad, very thirsty... and basically just disgusted. Service was bad, food was bad--maybe something sweet will be nice. When the waiter asked how we liked our meals, we advised that we didn't. He said we should have told him so he could fix it... well we would have if he would have come around. That just agitated us more.

IMG_0179.jpg

Dave had the whiskey cake and he thought it was good, not great, but good. I had the chocolate moose. I dunno if I was just cranky... but I picked at it and thought it tasted cheap. I wanted out of there--give me the check--let's go. Thank goodness we were on the dining plan because the bill was about $130 for what we wouldn't have even fed to our little dog.

I've heard hit or miss reviews, and unfortunately this was a big miss. I hate to be negative, but the theme of the rest of our trip was, "well it was better than Le Cellier!" Maybe as time goes by we'll get the nerve to give it another shot. Okay, I'm gonna quit griping now and leave this experience in the past!!

Get ready for more!!

Next up: Liberty Tree Tavern

((When I previewed this--none of the pix were working--will try to fix them tomorrow, but he's on his phone right now where all the pix are))

but glad to hear everyones opinion, so thanx for posting!:thumbsup2

Can NOT wait to hear all about your future dining experiences! hope they get better from here!:goodvibes

Loving your trip report!!

We're in Cinci too and headed for our Deluxe dining experience in a week! Did you like the Club Level? Been trying to decide if we should upgrade because I'm having a really horrible week and it's only Monday! :(

Club Level was the best decision ever!! We really enjoyed the lounge for drinks, snacks and I liked the breakfast offerings (he's not a breakfast person... and I can't survive without it!) He liked it for the beer and cordials. It was also nice for someone to help with reservations last minute when we needed time changes or a quick switch. Only problem is, I dunno if we can ever NOT stay CL now. We're spoiled!! I booked it for 2 reasons--one, it was his 30th and college graduation--two, I just some medical issues and am having continued problems so I wanted to be sure I could grab a drink or snack if I wasn't feeling well. We spent a lot of time in the room the first fews days because of how I felt. It was very nice and I recommend it!!

:cheer2:

Great reviews! You are making me hate myself for not posting my September 09 review yet, lol.

I think we will skip le cellier for awhile. Haven't tried it yet, and quite frankly, really could care less. Your review just made that defininte. Oh, and we felt the same way about 50's. Wwith kids would have been better. Not bad though. Looking forward to reading more!

Club Level was the best decision ever!! We really enjoyed the lounge for drinks, snacks and I liked the breakfast offerings (he's not a breakfast person... and I can't survive without it!) He liked it for the beer and cordials. It was also nice for someone to help with reservations last minute when we needed time changes or a quick switch. Only problem is, I dunno if we can ever NOT stay CL now. We're spoiled!! I booked it for 2 reasons--one, it was his 30th and college graduation--two, I just had a miscarriage and was having continued problems with hcg levels not dropping and making me a miserable mess so I wanted to be sure I could grab a drink or snack if I wasn't feeling well. We spent a lot of time in the room the first fews days because of how I felt. It was very nice and I recommend it!!

thanks for the reviews and thanks for explaining why you did club level while on the DXDP! :thumbsup2 I wasn't sure why people would, when there's so much food already on the DP. ;)

Great reviews. Sorry to hear about your problem though. It's wonderful you got to go to WDW to help you through it though. There is no more Magical place to help you forget your worries.

I hate it when you get BAD service. It sets the mood for the whole meal. I always say the meal is in a "funk" if my server is awful. Hope you give LeCellier another try sometime and they get your order correct.

So sorry to hear about your experience at Le Cellier. That is just awful :sad2: We ate there for lunch in 2005 and it was just ok. I thought it was overrated back then. That chocolate moose is super cute though! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes:goodvibes

We had the same experience at Le Cellier. We hated it. I really wanted to love it and I told my family how it comes so highly recommended here on the dis. We were so disappointed. It soon became the joke of our trip just like yours:lmao: We would say to the kids, "be good or we will take you back to Le Cellier to eat".

Different strokes...but we just hated it. No one will have to fight for a reservation with me that is for sure. Can't wait to read the rest of your reviews!

That's terrible :-(-- we had a similar experience at Ohana. Big hyped restaurant, didn't deliver. Sorry about that bad service-- that would have killed me!!

We were originally supposed to have a Cape May breakfast, but I moved it to Monday instead. We were just too tired. We stopped by the lounge and it was plenty. We went to Hollywood Studios in the morning to ride Toy Story... got a few others in before heading over to the Magic Kingdom. We were able to hit a few short rides before checking in to Liberty Tree Tavern. It was pretty busy, we waited about 15-20 minutes for our seat. It was Mother's Day, so I understood it would be crowded. Our table had confetti on it for his birthday, it was cute :)

IMG_1174.jpg

For the appetizers I went with the famous Tavern Fried Cheese because I am a cheese stick queen :) He went with the Declaration salad since I deprive him of such leafiness, lol! I stole his tomatoes!!

IMG_1175.jpg

The little bites of cheddar rocked our world!! The sticks were good too!! We wanted to eat more and more and more. We will be back for Tavern Fried Cheese!!

Well I guess fried cheese isn't a substantial meal, so we ordered our entrees, lol. David got the Angus Cheeseburger (no mushrooms) with fries. The fries were mm mm good! He liked his burger too!! I couldn't decide between the Chicken and Dumplings and the Pilgrim's Feast. I was back and forth... and I went with:

IMG_1176.jpg

It was very good!! I still want to try the chicken and dumplings, but I wouldn't have traded this either :)

Sweet Time!
He went with the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake and he fell in love with it. I wanted something more simple so I went with the Peach Cobbler, but asked for vanilla ice cream instead of marscapone. I loved mine too. It was just like homemade.

IMG_1177.jpg

We truly are on a mission to try all the restaurants... but I snuck this our November trip. Already made the ADR for our arrival day. We are craving it. It was just a plain, good meal. We didn't feel like we were going to explode leaving there, or left hungry. We were refreshed and kept on going! Can't wait to go back!!

Next Up: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dinner

Fellow Tavern Fried Cheese Fan here! :thumbsup2

(Especially love the little ones - cheesy perfection! :cloud9:)

The apple cobbler looks really good at LTT! So far I've tried the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake and the Brownie a la Mode... both were good, though Ooey Gooey was the Ooey Goodiest so far in my book!

Got an ADR there in a week... also have a ADRs for Cape May (one dinner, one breakfast) next week... can't wait to see your review, though I may not get to see it until we get back.

I'm also on a quest to try every restaurant in Disney... though I'm leaving the deadline on that quest wide open... gives us new stuff to look forward to every trip! ;)

Keep up the good work on the review! I love reviews with pictures!

Great reviews - LLT is one of my favorites and we have ADR's for upcoming trip next month.

We too are staying club level (at BC) and my family does not know. The difference is they have never even heard of it as far as I know, so it should be a good surprise.

Just wanted to add how sorry I am about your miscarriage. I had one too 22 years ago. I was hesitant to try again, but we now have 2 great kids (DS 19 and DD 15). I think it was great you had this trip to recover ;) and take time to celebrate a little.

I will stay tuned for more reviews :goodvibes

Great review of LTT! WOW that ooey gooey toffee cake gets me every time!! Looks soooo good! I want to try it one day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter