Twister Closing Soon (Nov 2nd -- Last day to Ride, this Sunday)

atricks

DIS Veteran
Building permits for interior demolition went up for the Twister: Ride it Out building, which is still running, for now, but will likely shut down very soon. No closing date is announced. If you head to the park this summer, make sure to go through it.

The rumored replacement is a NBC themed flight through New York, introduced by Jimmy Fallon, and the exterior will likely be rethemed to Rockefeller Center.
twistergone.png

I love Twister. Being from Oklahoma and a fan of the movie, this bums me out. Glad we did it and got our pressed penny last trip.

Rumors have been going on for a while now. Only thing I ask is....please don't be like soarin!
I did those kind of simulators 30 years ago. It blows me away to see the wait times for that ride.

My favorite part of Twister at Universal is how Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt had to record their video segment separately, because they loathed each other after filming the movie together.

Building permits for interior demolition went up for the Twister: Ride it Out building, which is still running, for now, but will likely shut down very soon. No closing date is announced. If you head to the park this summer, make sure to go through it.

The rumored replacement is a NBC themed flight through New York, introduced by Jimmy Fallon, and the exterior will likely be rethemed to Rockefeller Center.
View attachment 104900

cannot believe they paid people big bucks to dream this lame idea up:rolleyes2

cannot believe they paid people big bucks to dream this lame idea up:rolleyes2

keisha, remember last year when we did a private tour together, we were told about jimmy fallon replacing twister?
i can't believe i kept that a secret.......
and i think you forgot the secret.

due to motherhood, i have lost part of my mind but did remember the fallon thing.

just one more reason that i don't plan on going back to US/IOA any time soon.

the glory days are gone and have been for some time now in my opinion.

went last summer and won't be returning until they get some attractions i care about doing.

just one more reason that i don't plan on going back to US/IOA any time soon.

the glory days are gone and have been for some time now in my opinion.

went last summer and won't be returning until they get some attractions i care about doing.

At the rate they are building it won't be long. The new King Kong ride may wind up being the best ride in town. New Marvel Upgrades/Attractions, New Water Park, Nintendo, Jurassic Park/World improvements, Fast/Furious (Michelle Rodriguez from the films let that cat out of the bag), Ministry of Magic and other large additions are coming. So much stuff it's hard to remember it all, and a lot of it is fluid. They have the problem of which order to build stuff, not lack of new stuff.

The new ride isn't going to be about Jimmy Fallon, more of New York and Rockefeller center. In fact probably Fallon will only be in the pre-show. I wouldn't underestimate it, but it isn't the headliner new attraction for the year either (that will be King Kong).

Last edited:
I'm not sad that they're getting rid of twister... I never liked that ride and its always been a disappointment to me (and my BF).

However it sounds like the replacement isn't going to be much better! Oh well.

keisha, remember last year when we did a private tour together, we were told about jimmy fallon replacing twister?
i can't believe i kept that a secret.......
and i think you forgot the secret.

due to motherhood, i have lost part of my mind but did remember the fallon thing.

forget, who me?:rolleyes1

at the time i discounted the info, thinking it was a red herring of sorts they were tossing out to see how far a fake rumor would make the rounds. silly me:hippie:

I like Twister,what annoys me are the multiple pre shows,they're why I don't do the attraction more often.I get that it's a way to avoid a longer line with nothing to see but I still avoid it for that reason.I'm very excited about what this new attraction will be,I'm totally cool if its like Soarin,I like that ride.I get that they have a lot of simulator attractions,but that's cool,its what they do and they're usually good rides,even the new Avatar ride at AK will be a simulator.

At the rate they are building it won't be long. The new King Kong ride may wind up being the best ride in town. New Marvel Upgrades/Attractions, New Water Park, Nintendo, Jurassic Park/World improvements, Fast/Furious (Michelle Rodriguez from the films let that cat out of the bag), Ministry of Magic and other large additions are coming. So much stuff it's hard to remember it all, and a lot of it is fluid. They have the problem of which order to build stuff, not lack of new stuff.

The new ride isn't going to be about Jimmy Fallon, more of New York and Rockefeller center. In fact probably Fallon will only be in the pre-show. I wouldn't underestimate it, but it isn't the headliner new attraction for the year either (that will be King Kong).

other than king kong everything you mentioned does not interest me at all.
i'll just keep my memories of yore and not go back.

other than king kong everything you mentioned does not interest me at all.
i'll just keep my memories of yore and not go back.

lol I'm here now and feel the same way but about DW. I have one more day on my 4 day Universal pass and am having a blast. The last day I will really take it slow and see all the nooks and crannies. I didn't go to DW this trip for the first time ever on an Orlando trip, but I went to downtown disney for t-rex lunch meal and seeing how the outdoor walkways there weren't crowded reminded me of how DW was when I was a child and not 3 years ago when it was a mass scene of just bodies packed like sardines everywhere on some rather old rides(fantasyland I'm talking to you, take a clue from DL). Until DW uses all their expansive land for new rides I will continue not to visit and keep my memories of yore..

Plus its amazing how much work skull island gets done each day:-)

I actually skipped Twister last October. The experience is a bit "long in the tooth". While I am not fond of its replacement, If done well (flying theater concept?), it could be a solid attraction.

Good I hope they add something better ...I'm guessing something fast and furious related? That would definitely raise some ticket numbers having an attraction or something maybe a bit more expansive

i'm still bitter about the removal of the ghostbuster show was taken out, but it doesn't keep me away from the darkside.

there is enough at the darkside to keep me returning regularly.

lol i'm still bitter about pretty much everything they removed/changed.
-jaws
-king kong (yes i know they are putting a new version in IOA)
-hanna barabera
-murder she wrote (no absolutely not!)
-the alfred hitchcock attraction
-ghostbusters
-earthquake (yes "disaster" ride portion is the same but nothing else is. i don't like the pre show concept, i miss the escalator with foam concrete falling on you, and i don't like how its all just so scripted now. i liked the feeling for "this is really happening" and then at the end you're like "ok it was not real" lol)
-beatle juice grave yard revue (last time i saw it i felt the costume for bride of frankenstein was inappropriate, the songs were inappropriate, and they didn't sing good)
-nickelodeon studios
-star in your own episode of star trek
-star in "your day at universal studios"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!