TSM... is it even worth it??? convince me!

Don't know why RideMax is assuming the return time will be at 5 pm!!!
We were there on Sunday, March 28th for crowd level reference. Maybe if you're there this weekend it will be worse although the area for RD on Sunday was quite packed with folks and it seemed everyone went to TSM...

We were there on Sunday, March 28th for crowd level reference. Maybe if you're there this weekend it will be worse although the area for RD on Sunday was quite packed with folks and it seemed everyone went to TSM...

That is probably the biggest reason why I don't care for it right there. all the other things to do and everyone just flocks to that one. I'll continue to hit all the other rides with no waiting at all.

IMO, it is not what everyone makes it out to be. Sure, you have playing a game, 3D, and a ride rolled into one, but it is not worth the wait. If you have a Wii, rent or buy the game, its basically the same thing. Don't get me wrong, if there was little to no wait, then I'd say go for it, but to wait 90+ mins for it, it just isn't worth it. If you are at rope drop, or an AM EMH, the wait wont be too awful. But if you are there late morning-mid afternoon, to me, its not worth it.

My family loved it!!! We are bummed we will miss it this year, but I didn't want to fork out $100 for hoppers just to go on one ride!
I might have considered it though :rolleyes1

Its worth it at least once..I love it but not enough to EVER wait for it longer than 10 mins.

So, the last time I was at the Happiest Place on Earth, TSM was still two weeks from opening... so we have never experienced DS with it.

I've read tons of posts... and I've heard about the wait-at-the-rope all-out-walking-sprint first thing in the morning. RideMax is telling me that if I sprint there, my FP will *still* be in the later afternoon. :sad1:

Should we even bother with this ride:confused3??? Is it *really* that great??? Or should we enjoy the rest of the park while everyone else lines up at TSM?

On the one hand... we have small kids (DS 5, DD 7) who tire out by 1 pm. On the other hand... they love Toy Story. On the other-other hand... they are too young to be aware of the ride, so will not know what they missed!

Skip it or sprint for it?:confused3

If you sprint there your return time WILL NOT be in the late afternoon!! How absurd of ride max to say that!
But I don't think you should waste your time, and I think you should tell everyone else you know that it is a huge snore and they shouldn't bother and they should tell their friends not to also...in fact, they should start a chain e-mail to that effect! Then maybe I won't have to deal with the lines when I go in November.

If you're there at rope drop you could try just jumping in line. The wait time is usually posted at 20-30 or 40 minutes but can actually be much quicker. If your kids love Toy Story, they will love the queu - get out your camera and start snapping! We also loved the corny jokes Mr. Potato Head was telling, and his instructions to "watch your small fry" over and over.

The real attraction (ha) of this ride is that when you get off, you immediately want to jump on again to increase your score. That's why the lines are so long! I don't play video games at all (my DH shoots planes down in WWII) so my beginning scores were feeble, but I really improved the more times I rode.

Not a huge fan. The line was interesting being in Andy's room, Potato head was funny, but I thought the screens seemed faded and the pull cord awkward compared to the guns they use on Buzz. We went on three times in one day, just to be sure I wasn't missing something everyone else was seeing. I wasn't. :cool1:
I'd wait 15 minutes tops for that ride, but no more than that.

It is one our favorites and we usually ride it as soon as we get there and get FP's for later in the day. We loved it so much we now have the Wii version and my daughter and wife have the iPhone app. That's saying a lot since my wife hates video games and has no idea how to even turn the Wii on. They are not the same but we can get a little TSM fix between trips.

First, my entire family loves this ride and we are not video game playing people but we do love Toy Story. You should be fine getting a FP with a return before noon.

Second, I must say that reading this has been a bit eye opening to the fact that people are saying they wouldn't wait 10 or 15 minutes for a ride. I guess the FastPasses have us all spoiled!!!

We love the ride. DH will even ride it multiple times. The first time we went my kids were 6, 7, and 8 and all 3 of them adored it. The wait at rope drop is not really that bad. We noticed that most people ran for fast passes while we ran on the ride. Then when we got off we would get fast passes and it would be for a late morning/early afternoon time.

It's definitely not worth it unless you have a FP. It's an okay ride, and actually, one of the only rides at DHS geared towards little kids, which is why it's so popular, I think.

But if you skip it, you're not missing much.

to be missed. I don't think at the present time there's a ride anywhere that can compare to this one. It's about the closest you can get to virtual reality at a park.

The queue is entertaining and with fastpass it's not too bad of a wait. Your children when they turn to be teenagers will have their minds on TOT and RnR coaster, etc. Enjoy this time on this ride, now. I would never think not to ride a new attraction at least once at Disney. It's one of the reasons we come back--to see what's new.

We actually make a point of doing this ride around 4 times each trip, now. We love it. I do believe your children will score on it with a little guidance from you. There's a practice area before you begin for real to learn how to shoot, etc.

Give it a try; I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

If you are there at rope drop then you should get in the standby line while everyone else is trying to get a FP. So many people get a FP first that the standby line is short if you are there first thing in the morning.

We love it!

We did rope drop one day and got FPs for a 10.15am return time, and then rode it another 3 times by going at park closing time and had about 30/40 minute waits.

IMHO the line goes really fast at there's a lot to look at and Mr Potato Head is great.

We really think it's great fun and will definitely ride it (a couple of times) each trip.

I don't think it is all that great. You ride around, you shoot at stuff. It isn't a new concept.

The line has really cute stuff in in, but the ride is so-so.

That's my opinion. I know many other people have a different opinion, but that's mine.

O.k, o.K.... sounds like it's worth it to try it once. I'll wait until DH joins us for the second half of our vacation so that one adult can be the FP runner... and we'll just hope for the best with the return time! Don't know why RideMax is assuming the return time will be at 5 pm!!!

:goodvibes Thanks for the feedback!!!

I could be wrong, but having used Ridemax, I don't think it's necessarily implying 5 PM will be your return time. It's the time, based on everything else you put into Ridemax for that day, that they suggest you ride. Your actual return time might be 11:30. Remember, just because the FP says your return time is 11:30-12:30, you can come back anytime after 11:30 until the park closes. Make sense?

You really should try it at least once. Here's what I suggest.

Get there at rope drop and do your best to move with the flow toward TSM. Don't worry about the idiots running past you because they aren't going to affect the overall line that much. As you approach TSM, stay to your left because most of the horde to the right will be trying to get FP's for which the line will build up a lot faster than for the ride itself. Follow the line that is heading directly into the attraction and ignore the fact that the line is coming out of the building and the sign that says the wait is something like 30-60 minutes. They are just anticipating what the wait will be before long. You will be able to walk virtually nonstop through the line area and get on the ride within 5-10 minutes at the most, which is probably less than it takes with a FP later in the day (you will see where the FP line merges with the standby line just after you get the 3D glasses). You should be on and off the ride within 15 minutes of park opening; this has happened all 3 times we have used this approach.

Once you experience the ride, you can decide for yourself if you like it. If you want to try again (like almost everyone does) you can look at the FP line and return time and decide if you want to try to get a FP. In 3 previous visits, we have picked up FP's after exiting the ride twice and the return times were around noon. The third time (in mid August) the line at the FP machines was so long that we decided not to wait and went right to RNRC and TOT to ride those. At a busy time, I suspect that the FP line will still be long and the return time will be into the afternoon within less than a half hour after opening.

O.k, o.K.... sounds like it's worth it to try it once. I'll wait until DH joins us for the second half of our vacation so that one adult can be the FP runner... and we'll just hope for the best with the return time! Don't know why RideMax is assuming the return time will be at 5 pm!!!

:goodvibes Thanks for the feedback!!!

See my detailed recommendation above. If you're there at rope drop, don't run for FP's. Walk purposefully and directly to the ride and go thru the standby line. You will spend a lot less trime than waiting for a FP and coming back later. Even with a FP you have to wait 5-10 minutes or more to actually get boarded and it's less than that first thing in the morning thru the standby line.

However you do it, I would suggest trying it. As you can see most people seem to love it and wouldn't you regret not giving it a try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter