TS with Picky eaters

my2lovedisney

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I know there are some TS restaurants that will offer to bring your child chicken nuggets or a hot dog, mac n cheese etc if they don't like what is offered on the menu. Does anyone have experience with which restaurants they are? Thanks!

Hi everyone! I know there are some TS restaurants that will offer to bring your child chicken nuggets or a hot dog, mac n cheese etc if they don't like what is offered on the menu. Does anyone have experience with which restaurants they are? Thanks!

Anything like that happening is very rare. Typically they can only bring you a different version of something that is on the menu, like plain chicken if a sauced chicken is on the menu. Or if something is offered during a different time of day so they have the item on hand in their kitchen. We have had them make plain pasta at Tutto Italia, for example, instead of any of the menu items with sauce.

You shouldn't pick a restaurant counting on them being able to offer any item that isn't listed somewhere on the menu. Don't book Via Napoli and expect to be able to get a hot dog, for example.

Anything like that happening is very rare. Typically they can only bring you a different version of something that is on the menu, like plain chicken if a sauced chicken is on the menu. Or if something is offered during a different time of day so they have the item on hand in their kitchen. We have had them make plain pasta at Tutto Italia, for example, instead of any of the menu items with sauce.

You shouldn't pick a restaurant counting on them being able to offer any item that isn't listed somewhere on the menu. Don't book Via Napoli and expect to be able to get a hot dog, for example.

Well, I've been to Hoop Dee Doo and my child was brought an uncrustable. I've also been to 'Ohana and they brought my daughter a Hot Dog and Mac n Cheese, so I know it's not very rare. I'm sure there are other restaurants that offer to do the same.

Well, I've been to Hoop Dee Doo and my child was brought an uncrustable. I've also been to 'Ohana and they brought my daughter a Hot Dog and Mac n Cheese, so I know it's not very rare. I'm sure there are other restaurants that offer to do the same.

You benefited from those 2 resort restaurants being next to other resort restaurants where they can bring things for kids from one place to another. That's not typical.

You benefited from those 2 resort restaurants being next to other resort restaurants where they can bring things for kids from one place to another. That's not typical.

Yup. And pixie dust should never ever be counted on. Book restaurants where you know they like the food, or the food can be changed up a bit. That is the way to make sure everyone is happy. Expecting to get any off the menu food is a sure way to be disappointed. As is having one poster say "A Disney restaurant offered me X that wasn't off of the menu" and expecting to have the same experience. You may, or you may not.

Take a look at the children's menus. You will likely find that many of the restaurants you are considering have things like chicken nuggets or mac and cheese on the menu.

I like to do buffets so I know there will be something for everyone in my party, kids and adults. My favorite is probably Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare.

Everyone in my family but me is a picky eater. My DD is an extreme picky eater (even at home she will only eat a handful of foods). I did a lot of research before we arrived to pick restaurants that weren't too exotic (so the majority of the family could find something acceptable on the menu). We didn't have luck getting items that weren't on the menu for DD at any restaurant. However, they were happy to put together combinations of things that they served elsewhere. Basically, DD ended up making side-dish meals (for example, an order of french fries and a fruit cup). She also ate big breakfasts (she loved the Mickey waffles) and didn't eat much the rest of the day. Just be aware that if you do any buffets or fixed-price meals, they will charge you even if the picky eater eats nothing (although they were always apologetic about it). It's painful. We just had to view it as the cost for the experience.

this may have been mentioned but the only time I have seen anything like this might be at Akershus were they don't have pizza on the menu but you can order it.

I have very picky eaters too. I've found that you are more likely to get an "off the kid's menu" item if the restaurant is attached to another. For example, we went to Kona Cafe and my oldest didn't want any items on their menu (even though we discussed it with him ahead of time) and the waitress offered him mac and cheese from another Poly restaurant. I was very happy she was able to accommodate. I would suggest checking out what other restaurants use the same kitchens (or close to) if you are making a choice at a restaurant that might not be popular with your child. There's obviously no guarantee but this would be your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter