TS options in November?

Jnjtrio

Mouseketeer
Just me and my husband going this year and I was hoping to get California Grill for Dinner. Husband has some major stomach/intestinal issues so he does not like anything to adventurous.

Current park day/reservation setup
Mon = Epcot/Coral Reef @5:50pm (not sure on this one as I have seen reviews be less than stellar)
Tue = Hollywood Studios/Boathouse @6:45pm (love this place)
Wed = Magic Kingdom/Ale & Compass @6:50pm
Thu = 2nd day @ HS - no reservations
Fri = AK - no reservations (TP reservation finder running for Cali Grill 7pm)
Sat = 2nd day @MK/reservation GF cafe 1:55pm (TP reservation finder running Plaza 6pm, will cancel Cafe if I get this)

I was unable to get Cali Grill on Fri. I wanted to stay in MK for Sat night as this our last night in Florida. I booked the GF cafe because it seemed to be the best option close by and we could still get back into the park .

Does the Plaza tend to open up more often than Cali Grill? Wondering if I should run the reservation finder for both Thursday/Friday for Cali Grill instead? Any suggestions on my other choices let me know.

Use reservation finder and try in the app every day, several times a day. If you find a spot at a time you don’t want - take it anyway. Then every day, several times a day try to modify the time. This strategy worked for me as a solo traveler and selecting a party of two. It took about a month, but finally got it.

Any suggestions on my other choices let me know.
If you haven't tried Brown Derby, I highly suggest that for your HS day. This way you could do as lunch so that you don't have to leave the park.

If looking for a reservation you can try touring plans reservation finder. But as soon as you receive a notification then you should jump right on it because it could disappear.

Please consider TS options listed on OPEN TABLE. These include fine dining at...

1) DS
2) Swan-Dolphin (Il Mulino, Shula's)
3) Bull & Bear
4) CAPA

While many Disney owned Restaurants are "down"? There are other options (many better) than Disney owned Restaurants.

So far? We know that Narcoossee's, and California Grill will be operational, in terms of finer dining. HBD, listed as a SIG, has become "iffy" :(. It WAS the only legitimate "Park Sig" left :(.
We used to love it :(.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

I suggest as an option, you consider the Wave. We just ate there and the meal was excellent.

Thank you all for the ideas. I did do Boathouse as open table we had a wonderful experience last year. We plan easy breakfasts at our resort. The limited park hours is really making this more difficult, eat late or leave early are your real choices currently. View and ambiance play a big role, example husband loves lighthouses so thought seeing yacht club and going to Ale & Compass would be a win with him.

What are your dates? We have a double booking (for 3) the Friday of our trip (Nov 6) and are likely letting go of CG - I can coordinate with you if it’s the same Friday and we opt to let it go. We snagged a Hollywood and Vine res for the first day of the holiday character meal, so we’re almost certainly going to do so.

Last edited:

FWIW, I loved Coral Reef. If you look around enough, you'll see negative reviews for EVERY place and glowing reviews for EVERY place. I've learned to go where I want and not stress over reviews - unless it is something like "totally ignored allergy and served the peanut-allergic and gluten free person in my party an Uncrustable" or something similar.

What are your dates? We have a double booking (for 3) the Friday of our trip (Nov 6) and are likely letting go of CG - I can coordinate with you if it’s the same Friday and we opt to let it go. We snagged a Hollywood and Vine res for the first day of the holiday character meal, so we’re almost certainly going to do so.

That is sweet but we arrive on the 8th of November. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

FWIW, I loved Coral Reef. If you look around enough, you'll see negative reviews for EVERY place and glowing reviews for EVERY place. I've learned to go where I want and not stress over reviews - unless it is something like "totally ignored allergy and served the peanut-allergic and gluten free person in my party an Uncrustable" or something similar.

You are definitely right. Having my husband check the menus of current reservations as well incase he does not see an option that he is happy with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter