Trying to stay calm

Prayers being said!

About 13 years ago, my husband and I got bloodwork taken for life insurance policies we were starting. He got denied for life insurance because his numbers were off (in regard to his liver). I was FREAKING out. I was sure he had something horrible wrong.
Yeah, he had had the flu right before the blood test and that threw his numbers off. I think it's very common.
He was actually fine.

Hoping to hear good news from you!

Teresa, I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this. It may not seem like much at this moment but you have a whole community of people who love you and are praying for you and Stella. Just remember that we are here whenever you need us. ((hugs))
Michaelle

Hugs, prayers and pixie dust :hug:

Try not to worry, as they told you it's entirely possible the results were related to her recent virus.

Nothing worse than worrying about your kids. Like everyone else has said, it's the virus messing up all her numbers. Prayers going up that she will feel better, and that you can feel better knowing that you have a lot of people praying and thinking of you and your family.

Oh T, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with the scariness of the lab work. As a parent/grandparent I know how scary that it. As others have said, virus' and flu's can really throw blood work numbers off, so as hard as it is, try not to worry while waiting to have the bloodwork redone.

Hugs and pixie dust.:hug:pixiedust:

A bad flu will cause cause the body to skew the proportions of the different types of white blood cells from a normal profile to one that favours the kind of cells that fight viruses. It generally takes a couple of weeks for those cells to remove the virus and then the white blood cells will live out their normal life span and be replaced by the normal white blood cell profile.

Please take care of yourself and Stella and try not to stress out for the next couple of weeks. As others have already said, it's much, much, much more likely that her blood work is due to the virus and not something more serious.:grouphug:

Just catching up here and sending prayers and pixie dust and hugs to you and Stella. I hope the time between this set of lab results and the new ones goes quickly, and that the next set of results are fine. As sick as Stella was, it would be no wonder that messed up the results. Try not to worry too much in the meantime, which is far easier said than done. :hug:

I will remember you and Stella in my prayers during my quiet time today. Hope she is feeling better soon and you have peace in your heart. :hug:

Prayers and pixie dust for Stella and all of you. The waiting is the worst.

Kim

I can only imagine how scary this must be for you. :grouphug: Sending thoughts and prayers and pixie dust that it turns out to be nothing!

Thinking of you and Stella. I bet everything will normalize once she knocks out the virus. It's been a tough winter for illness. ((hugs))

Erika

Praying for you and Stella nothing is scarier then hearing news like that... **Hugs** You've had a rough couple of weeks. It will get better!

Prayers for you & Stella Teresa.
I am a nurse & that happens all the time with viruses. So we will hope & pray that thing are better in a few weeks. Hugs!!!! :goodvibes

Big Hugs for Stella. She is one of my favorites ever since we spent time together on Castaway Cay.

One thing I have learned about lab tests is to compare them to your own normal. The "normal" that you are seeing are guidelines. Once Stella is feeling better getting a new blood test will help establish or compare to her established personal normal.

Sending good thoughts and lots of pixie dust.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!