Trying to stay calm

newmouse2008

dis veteran
Hey Gang,

Having a stressful day here. Stella has been sick lately and we were sent for bloodwork last week, we got the results back this morning and I am kind of freaking out.

without going into details, several of the numbers on the labwork were not in the normal range. We were told this could be because of the virus she just got over or not. we will redo the labs in several weeks to see if they have changed.

If not changed, we will next go to a Hematologist for further testing.

John suggested that I post here for prayers and good thoughts.

Thanks,

T.

I'm sorry that Stella isn't feeling well! Try not to worry yourself sick in the meantime! CBC's (complete blood counts) can be REALLY funny looking in response to viruses. I'm a lab tech and there have been times where I have been concerned about results that I'm reporting out, just to have the doctor tell me that it's not a big deal because the kid has been fighting a virus. Once the patient bounces back the results go back to normal more often than not! Good luck and I hope she gets to feeling better ASAP!!

Oh not the way to start the week.

She was pretty sick, so I'm sure that it is the virus.....will talk to the man upstairs and blow some pixie dust your way.

Poor baby! Hopefully, it's just a virus or something minor. :hug:

How is your car? What a scary night!

My daughter was diagnosed with a heart condition at six months old. We had to endure this condition until she was two years old, when she was strong enough to have open heart surgery! We are now blessed to have a healthy 14 year old 'healthy' young woman, who will be with us hopefully until we depart this world, long before she! If anything else was to happen, then, or now, we take comfort in the fact that knowing, "GOD" does not make mistakes. He will not burden you with anything you cannot endure! May "GOD" bless and keep you and yours! I know and share your burden!

We'll be praying for you and little Stella. She seems like such a cutey from the stories you tell. :goodvibes I just hate it when my DS is sick.

I will be praying for Stella.
My daughter has Evans Syndrome, we go for lab work quite often. I know that it is a scary thing.
God Bless!

pixiedust: and :grouphug:

Best thoughts for a good result in a few weeks.

When the kidlettes are involved, its hard to remember to breath deep and calm the panic. I have been there for sure. I will keep :goodvibes and pixiedust: going for all of you.

Good thoughts for you and Stella! I hate waiting too. I would say that the virus must have played a part in the wackiness.

So sorry for the worry and the waiting!! Prayers and pixie dust coming your way that both are over soon!

Laurie

Thought and prayers and lots of pixie dust are on the way. Let's hope it's just the virus that is messing up the numbers!

Prayers for your whole family. There is nothing harder then having a sick kid and not being able to "fix" it. Praying that all the numbers come back normal next time.

Gina

As I nurse I see off labs, especially in children all the time. Thankfully most of the time they are from a virus. Praying they are normal in a few weeks.

Sending my prayers up for you too, if for nothing more then for Him to just help you with the stress of it all.

xoxoxoxoxoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter