Trouble with car rental at Lakeland?

I spoke to "Brian" at the Hertz in Lakeland. I explained I was having trouble booking my rental for my Wednesday arrival and departure (for January) and he said he would call head office and have them change the hours on the hertz website to allow bookings for flights starting this fall. He said to give it a few weeks and call back - directly to him if possible.

:thumbsup2
I spoke to "Brian" at the Hertz in Lakeland. I explained I was having trouble booking my rental for my Wednesday arrival and departure (for January) and he said he would call head office and have them change the hours on the hertz website to allow bookings for flights starting this fall. He said to give it a few weeks and call back - directly to him if possible.

:thumbsup2

I am flying out of Plattsburg in November and am having the same ordeal with rental cars....I have been contemplating the H&H transport... I was quoted $82 one way to Disney for 2 people, and they guarantee to have me back at the airport for my departure flight too... I am a little nervous about it though

Hi folks. I am also flying out of the Plattsburgh/Montreal International Airport (I love that name :rotfl:) to Lakeland. I have read some on-line horror stories about U-Save. They are CONSIDERABLY cheaper than Hertz (caveat emptor?)

Has anyone here dealt with U-Save in the past?

Thanks!

I would be very weary in using U-Save as they really push you on getting their insurance, which jacks up the cost of the car another $35.00 a day and the cars they have are older and not reliable. You are more-or less stuck using Hertz, which is very expensive as they are they only other option at the airport.
I tried enterprise which is 5 minutes from the airport, but they do not come to the airport as the airport does not allow them, so you would need to take a taxi to there location. One problem with Enterprise is that you cannot drop off the vehicle anywhere else other then back to them. So although you may save a few hundred dollars with Direct Air Flight price, by the time you add the extra fee for bags and paying double for your car rental, your savings is really not that much.

We got an ok rate with Hertz.... call them and they can help you get the best rate. I got like $40 off with just calling them.

They are closed when I need to return, but I can just use the key drop box.

We are still paying about 30 dollars more than we paid last year out of tampa for the same week though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter