Tron AP preview thread

My personal opinion is don’t make those CMs jobs harder. They have to turn so many people away
Agree. The poor CMs standing at the entrance to the Remy area having to put on a smile while listening to person after person trying to get through during AP previews. I thought I was going to scream, and I was just sitting on one of the benches for 15 minutes, waiting for my time to enter.

Apart from DVC, AP and D23, has anyone ever had any luck in making one of these previews happen from persistence? Like direct from Guest Services or from a random CM? Do those things happen? Disney Miracles? Super Fairy Dust?
They eliminated super fairy dust after the new fantasy land opened
i recently had a conversation where an ABC TV executive was visiting and she tried to get on Tron
she was shut down even though employees had been riding that day

I did a little research to compare the GOTG previews vs what we know so far for Tron. The timeframes are already a little different.

GOTG

April ‘22

4/4 AP email went out but no dates mentioned.

4/7 ***AP park reservations availability at EPCOT for dates that ended up being AP preview dates started to disappear. That’s when initial speculation began.

4/11 CM sign up started for previews

4/11 D23 preview event for gold members went on sale for event on Sunday 5/15

4/13 DVC email about preview sign-up next day

4/14 9AM. AP previews announced and sign-up started and “sold” out. DVC also opened up this day.

4/17-3/2 CM previews for approximately 13 days in that period of time

MAY ‘22

5/8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 18-21 AP previews

5/15 D23 ticketed preview event in evening

5/9 and 5/18 DVC previews

5/27 OPENING DAY

TRON

January ‘23

1/30 CM sign ups started

February ‘23

2/6 to 3/3- all CM previews

?????

4/4 OPENING DAY

CM previews are two weeks longer this time for Tron. Maybe a sign we will see more AP preview dates than the 9 days last year? (Wishful)

Assuming things are similar to GOTG, it looks like the two key things to note are when MK ressie availability starts to disappear for AP pool as well as when D23 event goes on sale (if done again).

Bottom line. Who knows when, but it’s probably any time now. And if this were like GOTG timeframes, AP would’ve already been announced. 😂
I said days ago that one thing we can count on is they don’t do any 2 previews the same way
trying to pick what will happen this time is akin to beating your head against the wall

also D23 has not announced they are doing anything. I’m not expecting one at this point
guardians was their first. Maybe the test was considered a fail? Or they’ll do one on CA. Most all D23 events are there as it is. They don’t do a lot in FL. Guardians was only in FL so couldn’t do a CA event

I said days ago that one thing we can count on is they don’t do any 2 previews the same way
trying to pick what will happen this time is akin to beating your head against the wall

Are the times when the link goes live usually the same though? Like is 9am the usual time? I know that’s what it was for guardians but I don’t know what the other AP previews were. Does anyone know the other AP preview times when registration opened?

Are the times when the link goes live usually the same though? Like is 9am the usual time? I know that’s what it was for guardians but I don’t know what the other AP previews were. Does anyone know the other AP preview times when registration opened?
No. At least one event was while I was driving to lunch. No clue which but I know I pulled off the road to sign up

every ride going back to Pandora rides have had AP events

One night, first week RotR was opened all the boarding groups were called before park closing. I saw some guests getting pixie dusted

One night, first week RotR was opened all the boarding groups were called before park closing. I saw some guests getting pixie dusted
after the ride opens is a very different story
I’ve gotten any time ride passes for it “gifted” to us. The CM do have more options to do that then they once did with certain rides and FP.
I thought the question is before it opens how often does it happen

after the ride opens is a very different story
I’ve gotten any time ride passes for it “gifted” to us. The CM do have more options to do that then they once did with certain rides and FP.
I thought the question is before it opens how often does it happen
That was the Q. I expanded my initial answer.

Apart from DVC, AP and D23, has anyone ever had any luck in making one of these previews happen from persistence? Like direct from Guest Services or from a random CM? Do those things happen? Disney Miracles? Super Fairy Dust?
We got 2 random people from New Jersey in for the GOTG DVC preview.

We walked up to check-in and they stopped by the CM at the same time. The CM gave a sly look and put them in our our reservation.

A little CM pixie dust!

We got 2 random people from New Jersey in for the GOTG DVC preview.

We walked up to check-in and they stopped by the CM at the same time. The CM gave a sly look and put them in our our reservation.

A little CM pixie dust!
THIS is what Im praying for. When you wish upon a starrrrrr...

Not since smartphones hit everyone’s pockets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter