Trip Number Ten ~ We're Going Again! Plus a side trip!

I've been MIA for awhile and am happy to be back! School started here last Monday so things have been hectic to say the least. Between getting my classroom ready and parent meetings and then getting my boys ready for the start of school and their homework, there hasn't been much free time. To add to the chaos, we decided to take a weekend trip to Chicago over the Labor Day holiday :scared1: It was great but boy am I exhausted. I need another four day weekend to recover.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your live reports while you were in WDW. It sounds like the weather wasn't the best but you guys made the most of it. I'm looking forward to your TR. I'm glad Jodi arrived safely at WDW. It sounds like she lucked out with the crowds.

I'm glad your boys enjoyed the first day at their new schools. I teach middle school so I understand the anxiousness of 6th graders and their parents. I dread thinking of my boys going to middle school - I'll be a nervous wreck and I even teach in the school they'll be attending. Hopefully by the end of the week they'll have settled into a new routine.

This is always such a hectic time of year!! :faint: It's like everything starts all at once! :upsidedow

Glad you enjoyed the live updates! :goodvibes Jodi is having another great, low crowds day!!

I substituted at the MS this morning and saw DS11 getting lost going to first period! :rotfl:

Thanks Meghan! Do they charge you a fee or anything when you go to use the credit? Does the credit expire?

Don't take this to the bank, but they do not charge you any fees for making changes. As Meghan said, SW will give you a credit if the price goes down. Again, not 100% sure on this, but I think you have a year to use the funds. That one you need to check for sure!

SW has been wonderful for DD's and my travels this summer. I can't tell you how many times we have made changes! All of her flights except for 2 trips to NYC and to NCar this weekend have been on SW. She has changed flight times, dates, and even added an extra stop after booking. As she got more interviews, she had to make some adjustments along the way. It really took some of the stress out of booking flights, since on most airlines once you click that button that's it!

Thanks Meghan! Do they charge you a fee or anything when you go to use the credit? Does the credit expire?

You have to use the credit within one year of the date of the original purchase. By using the credit they mean actually dates of flights. So if I book a trip on May 1, 2013 and get a credit for it because of a price drop, then I have to use the credit for another trip in which the return flight is no later than April 30, 2014, or else the credit expires. At least that is how I think it goes. I hope someone can chime in if that is wrong.

This will be my first time using a credit, since I have flown with SWA for years and not known about this great policy until I came to the Dis boards. :goodvibes

Don't take this to the bank, but they do not charge you any fees for making changes. As Meghan said, SW will give you a credit if the price goes down. Again, not 100% sure on this, but I think you have a year to use the funds. That one you need to check for sure!

SW has been wonderful for DD's and my travels this summer. I can't tell you how many times we have made changes! All of her flights except for 2 trips to NYC and to NCar this weekend have been on SW. She has changed flight times, dates, and even added an extra stop after booking. As she got more interviews, she had to make some adjustments along the way. It really took some of the stress out of booking flights, since on most airlines once you click that button that's it!

I have never flown with any other airline besides SW. we love SW! We have changed flights and you do have a year to use it. We just used flights this past weekend that I bought a while ago before we decided to drive. It was almost a year later. No problems at all. And now with my DH. Flying so much we have so many points that our Dec. and Feb. trips were used with rewards!!! So excited about that.
HTH :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You have to use the credit within one year of the date of the original purchase. By using the credit they mean actually dates of flights. So if I book a trip on May 1, 2013 and get a credit for it because of a price drop, then I have to use the credit for another trip in which the return flight is no later than April 30, 2014, or else the credit expires. At least that is how I think it goes. I hope someone can chime in if that is wrong.

This will be my first time using a credit, since I have flown with SWA for years and not known about this great policy until I came to the Dis boards. :goodvibes

I have never flown with any other airline besides SW. we love SW! We have changed flights and you do have a year to use it. We just used flights this past weekend that I bought a while ago before we decided to drive. It was almost a year later. No problems at all. And now with my DH. Flying so much we have so many points that our Dec. and Feb. trips were used with rewards!!! So excited about that.
HTH :)

Thanks for all the great information everyone!! :goodvibes

We are looking at a short trip this winter. But, airfare is crazy high compared to what we normally pay. SW dropped theirs yesterday and is on sale through Thursday. Still not a great price, but better than what it was. I guess I need to book before it goes back up. Just wanted to make sure that if it by chance drops that we can get a credit to use for next summer. Or if we have to cancel.

I hate that SW and AT have merged. Before they merged it was like they competed for the lowest fare out of Pittsburgh. They have only gone up and up and up since they merged. :sad2: And they know they have us, there aren't too many other options for non-stop between PIT and MCO. :mad:

Thanks for the help!! :)

Thanks for all the great information everyone!! :goodvibes

We are looking at a short trip this winter. But, airfare is crazy high compared to what we normally pay. SW dropped theirs yesterday and is on sale through Thursday. Still not a great price, but better than what it was. I guess I need to book before it goes back up. Just wanted to make sure that if it by chance drops that we can get a credit to use for next summer. Or if we have to cancel.

I hate that SW and AT have merged. Before they merged it was like they competed for the lowest fare out of Pittsburgh. They have only gone up and up and up since they merged. :sad2: And they know they have us, there aren't too many other options for non-stop between PIT and MCO. :mad:

So tell us a little more about this possible trip! popcorn::

Well.... I received a PIN code for park tix & the DDP at the child's price, good for dates in Jan, Feb, March, and April. I don't think we would go between Feb-Apr, so.....................

:scratchin

That sounds like the Stay, Play and Dine plan that they offered to the general public for select dates in January and February this last winter. There was also a room discount. The pin code probably has a lot more dates available than the GP offer had.

That sounds like the Stay, Play and Dine plan that they offered to the general public for select dates in January and February this last winter. There was also a room discount. The pin code probably has a lot more dates available than the GP offer had.

Yeah it's not the best offer, we usually prefer a room discount. But it is tempting to throw together a short winter trip and eat at some of the more expensive restaurants, paying the child's DDP price of something like $18 a day!! :yay:

The dates on my PIN are - 1/5/14-3/2/14 and 3/16/14-4/12/14

Yeah it's not the best offer, we usually prefer a room discount. But it is tempting to throw together a short winter trip and eat at some of the more expensive restaurants, paying the child's DDP price of something like $18 a day!! :yay:

I'll be there from 4/7 - 4/13

Just sayin :rolleyes1

:laughing:

That would be great, DS14's birthday is that week! Too bad we are tied to school schedules. :crazy2: Looking at very late January (not MLK week), we have a short break.

That sounds awesome!!
We are going for my kids Feb. vacation ( which falls in Pres. Day) I know it'll be crowded but who cares- I'm in FL in the winter!!! Need I say more?? I hope we get a blizzard here when we're there lol.

Shelly, I got an email about a SW sale. Have you checked the rates to see if they have changed? I looked at PIT to MCO and it looks like the lowest for January is $136 (IIRC). Is that good or bad compared to what you are paying lately?

Shelly, I got an email about a SW sale. Have you checked the rates to see if they have changed? I looked at PIT to MCO and it looks like the lowest for January is $136 (IIRC). Is that good or bad compared to what you are paying lately?

Yeah, that was the sale I was talking about. Not much of a sale though, considering we usually pay under $100. But better than the $157 it started at this time...

Has anyone flown on SW lately??

If you book with them and then the price comes down later, do they still give you a credit for those funds?

Do you have to notify SW that your price went down or will they email you a credit?

Ditto to flying out of PIT

Any word if that will be the offer open to Disney VISA holders in a few weeks? Any discounts for the kids?

Do you have to notify SW that your price went down or will they email you a credit?

I'm pretty sure you have to take care of that yourself. Kind of like when you have a WDW trip booked and a special comes out, they don't automatically give it to you, you have to call and do it yourself.

Ditto to flying out of PIT

Any word if that will be the offer open to Disney VISA holders in a few weeks? Any discounts for the kids?

That is the speculation, but nothing official yet.... No discounts for kids 9 & under on that deal. It's more beneficial to families with kids over the age of 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter