Tricare medical coverage?

slabeaume

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone out there knows if Tricare for Life covers out of country medical fees and medical evacuation charges?
Thanks,
Sue L

Sue L -

I'm not sure from your question if you are the beneficiary or you are inquiring on behalf of a relative but I hope the info is helpful. I have also included information on how to contact a Beneficiary Counselor at the bottom! They can provide specific policy guidance and cost share percentages. The big questions are what TFL will specifically cover and whether your cost shares would exceed the cost of Travel Insurance. Hope this is a start:

Here is a link to a Fact Sheet on Tricare For Life (TFL):

http://www.tricare.osd.mil/Factsheets/viewfactsheet.cfm?id=173

And, here is a section from the TFL Brochure (http://www.tricare.osd.mil/TFLOLBrochure/index.cfm) which is more specific about cost shares for overseas care:

Receiving Care Overseas:
If you and/or your family members are receiving health care overseas and are enrolled in Medicare Part B, you can take advantage of TRICARE For Life. Because Medicare typically does not provide benefits for medical care received overseas, TRICARE becomes your primary source of health benefits. TRICARE For Life will provide the same level of coverage afforded retirees under the age of 65 and you will be responsible for the same TRICARE cost shares and deductibles as under-65 retirees.

Here are phone numbers for 4 Beneficiary Counselor's (BCAC's) in Missouri for you to contact. They should provide you with policy / benefit guidance about Medivacs or inpatient/outpatient care.

2 are at General Leonard Wood AMC and 2 are at Whiteman AFB.
Com: 573-596-0418
Com: 576-596-0045
Com: 660- 687-5014
Com: 660-687-4350

Good Luck!!

Sue - I read about your father's harrowing experience in another post. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. I have sent you a PM with some other info.

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter