Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the poll is anonymous. That is really what we are talking about. Those numbers don't lie. When you click on this thread most people will vote first without being swayed either way. There are obviously more people on this thread who are against it.
Actually what you mentioned along with what the other poster mentioned but the number of people dominating the conversation.

Yes but 25-50 are dominating the conversation

As are maybe 5-10 people who support it.

That is what I was speaking to when I quoted you and your quote mentioned the number of posters who were speaking and who were in support of it.

To be fair as a whole this thread hasn't been very welcoming towards those who do support it. It's very possible had the thread remained on a much more neutral or less strong negative reactions towards people who may wish to bring their dog with them or see it in a more positive light, those who support it may feel more comfortable in speaking out.

I didn't say anything about the number of posters who voted in support of it. I said who felt comfortable speaking in this thread.

It's like I say something and then peeps want to say "no no it's because of this".

Well, the poll is anonymous. That is really what we are talking about. Those numbers don't lie. When you click on this thread most people will vote first without being swayed either way. There are obviously more people on this thread who are against it.
Still haven't voted. Plus all somebody needs to do is use a incognito browser or clear their cookies and they can vote multiple times. One of the many reasons that the attached poll is statistically insignificant.

Perhaps simply because we have current or near future plans that this is effecting and others may not and it's more of a this may suck for the future? Or people who just don't get involved in this kind of discussions?
I spoke to a coworker yesterday who goes to Disneyworld often, and he had no idea that dogs were now welcomed at 4 resorts. He went home and told his wife and she didn't believe him, and was to going to see if it was true. I imagine a lot of people are not aware of the dog friendly resorts and will be surprised when they book these resorts and/or show up with existing reservations.

I spoke to a coworker yesterday who goes to Disneyworld often, and he had no idea that dogs were now welcomed at 4 resorts. He went home and told his wife and she didn't believe him, and was to going to see if it was true. I imagine a lot of people are not aware of the dog friendly resorts and will be surprised when they book these resorts and/or show up with existing reservations.

Definitely. I spoke to even my Disney loving coworkers who go semi-often and they had no idea either. None of them liked the idea either although one thought another friend might utilize it.

I am really opposed to dogs being allowed on ME. You can choose to avoid them by booking another hotel and should not have to sit with dogs on the bus! And people who choose not to ride with dogs have to wait?? I think those with dogs should have to find alternate transportation to their hotel.

Last edited:
Okay, so this doesn't entirely make sense to me, but I got a call back about the email I sent this evening regarding the dog free locations and their proximity to the dog relief areas at POR. I will say they are definitely taking these complaints seriously it seems, as the CM who called me this morning contacted POR and got back to me within just a few hours tonight.

What they told her (from someone at POR) was that the location near Building 15 was put in just because it was a large grassy area with the room to accommodate dogs. She said dogs might be visible from Building 15 but they shouldn't be walking around in the preferred building area. She also said the one near Building 95 is a small area and not expected to get much use as they would have to walk a bit of a distance to get there from the dog friendly rooms. No idea why they bothered putting it there then unless they expect a high volume of dogs? But she assured me the actual rooms in both buildings will not be used to accommodate pets ONLY service dogs as all rooms do.

She said that if I wanted to be away from the dogs in the preferred section that they would place me in a building other than 15.

Of course this led me to the question of, are the dogs allowed to just roam the entire resort? To which she responded with an very emphatic no, absolutely not. She said if I was taking any of the paths away from the dog friendly rooms, walking along the river as an example, I should not be encountering any dogs. She also said that if I did see dogs in these areas that I am encouraged to report it to a CM.

Awesome, definitely what I want to hear, but it just confuses me a little as to how the dogs are supposed to get to the relief areas by 95 and 15 if they aren't allowed to walk around the resort? Maybe they are assuming all dogs will be small enough to carry?

Anyhow, the CM was extremely nice and definitely trying to be helpful and find the correct answers. I'm just not sure the higher ups planned this out all that well. It also seems as if they want to be helpful when I go to book next month in assisting us in finding what I'm looking for if the dog thing seems to be hindering my options. Again, very nice to hear and we'll see if it pans out.

I'm hopeful that Disney reaching out so quickly to address these issues with unhappy guests has an effect in the long run and isn't just a short term reaction, but only time will tell.

Well ............ okay ............ let's put dog relief areas where there aren't allowed to be any dogs since according to the resort itself (per CM says) they aren't allowed to walk there. So either they can stay in those buildings OR they can walk all around the resort to get there. It just doesn't work otherwise.

So I have a Royal Garden View room supposedly dog free, and at anytime there will be dogs taking a crap 8 feet from my door. I'm supposed to be in a dog free room/building ......... why is there a poop park by my room?

Or I also pay the big bucks for a Preferred room and dogs from 14 15 16 17 18 24 25 26 27 are all walking past my room to get to their closest bathroom. It might be like a little parade at times.

Even the calls that seem like they know, make other calls to get more info ........... give back info that just doesn't make sense. IF there are no dogs staying in those buildings then there should be no dog bathrooms IF they truly aren't allowed to walk around. Is it just me or is this craziness?!?

giphy.gif

I know THREE separate people who have received LIFE AND APPEARANCE-ALTERING INJURIES from three separate pit bulls. All three victims were assured by the owners that the dog was a really good dog and had never attacked before. I will never understand why pit bulls are legal to own and would NEVER, EVER allow one near my children.

They are banned in the area I live in. I'm surprised they would be allowed at WDW.

I haven't seen that those supporting this have been "less than welcomed" in this thread. The objections I have seen from those against the change are primarily regarding the implementation, lack of clear policies, lack of consequences for infractions, short notice, inability to change their reservations etc. Those in favor of the policy who make a case for their opinion, genuinely love the idea of bringing their pet with them, are responsible pet owners etc. have not been any less welcome. What is not welcomed by members on the thread as well as the moderators thereof are belittling or hyperbolic comments between or against other members with whom you disagree.

As a comparison: I stay at a Universal resort for about a week after my Disney stay. I know it is a pet friendly resort. I also know that I will not be placed near the pet rooms, pets are not permitted to be unaccompanied in their room, infractions result in hourly fines, the areas set aside as pet friendly are specific and do not change at a whim, they are adjacent to pet walk areas and I have yet to actually see a pet in a common area. I do not have the same confidence in WDW's ability to provide this level of confidence due to current implementation and past experience with other policy violations.

Still haven't voted. Plus all somebody needs to do is use a incognito browser or clear their cookies and they can vote multiple times. One of the many reasons that the attached poll is statistically insignificant.

I don't think that poll is all that insignificant. It has remained consistent and there does seem to be many more posters speaking out against this policy than are for this policy on this thread. I think the people who are against it are definitely more passionate about the reasons for being against it, and in most cases, for good reasons.

I haven't seen that those supporting this have been "less than welcomed" in this thread. The objections I have seen from those against the change are primarily regarding the implementation, lack of clear policies, lack of consequences for infractions, short notice, inability to change their reservations etc. Those in favor of the policy who make a case for their opinion, genuinely love the idea of bringing their pet with them, are responsible pet owners etc. have not been any less welcome. What is not welcomed by members on the thread as well as the moderators thereof are belittling or hyperbolic comments between or against other members with whom you disagree.

As a comparison: I stay at a Universal resort for about a week after my Disney stay. I know it is a pet friendly resort. I also know that I will not be placed near the pet rooms, pets are not permitted to be unaccompanied in their room, infractions result in hourly fines, the areas set aside as pet friendly are specific and do not change at a whim, they are adjacent to pet walk areas and I have yet to actually see a pet in a common area. I do not have the same confidence in WDW's ability to provide this level of confidence due to current implementation and past experience with other policy violations.
With all due respect again I feel like it's like I say something and then peeps want to say "no no it's because of this".

I'm not in any shape or form talking about all those things you are mentioning in your "here's what we're objecting about" because that's already been covered many times. I don't know why someone would see others having an issue primarily regarding the implementation, lack of clear policies, lack of consequences for infractions, short notice, inability to change their reservations etc. would make them feel uncomfortable and it wasn't what I was talking about. I understand what people are talking about I even agree wholeheartedly with the lack of notice part.

I'm talking about the direct treatment posters have gotten when they've mentioned they were happy about the new policy (remember the hospital comment? just to name one, eta: and the one about being told to vacation elsewhere because you're not welcomed at WDW) or in support of it. And it has been said on this thread that they didn't feel comfortable and on other threads it's been said that.

If you said you were in support of the new policy and then were told off I can imagine why you may not come back to the thread and I can also imagine if you read the comments in the thread prior to commenting it would be evident your opinion may not be welcome even though you should be able to feel comfortable in commenting.

When a poster said "maybe 5-10 people who support it" I responded with a civil response and I was met with "Well, the poll is anonymous. That is really what we are talking about." Which my comment wasn't even talking about the poll nor was the comment of the other poster I quoted. I was giving a possible reason as to why those who may be neutral/don't have as much of an issue with it or are for the policy may not feel comfortable with speaking in this thread--not voting in the poll.

Will the dogs stay in the areas designated for them, I predict no. Dogs at the Yacht Club will be walked on the Broadwalk and on the beaches. Past none dog friendly resorts. Can you guarantee dogs at Yacht Club will stay on Yacht Club property only. No Can you guarantee people at AOA will not walk their dogs across the bridge to none dog friendly POP. No. Two of our favourite resorts are Beach Club and Pop and I see nothing but problems with dogs being on non dog friendly resort property.

Why would I be in the position to guarantee anything? I'm not Disney.

I've been to fancy bed and breakfasts, Ritz Careltons, and Four Seasons that allowed dogs. The rules for dogs were strongly enforced. Allowing dogs doesn't immediately turn a hotel into a poop filled wasteland. If Disney properly enforces and implements rules for the dogs I imagine this won't end up being a huge deal.

They are banned in the area I live in. I'm surprised they would be allowed at WDW.

On the other hand I was out for a walk and came across a pitbull who was an absolute sweetheart. Not saying every one will be like that, but not everyone is this vicious killer

I am really opposed to dogs being allowed on ME. You can choose to avoid them by booking another hotel and should not have to sit with dogs on the bus! Seriously? And people who choose not to ride with dogs have to wait?? Let those with dogs find alternate transportation to their hotel!
So you never have been on a plane with a dog on board? I don't fly that often and I have had at least one dog on each flight for the last few years.

You know I didn't actually know that you could do that but that's interesting. I personally wouldn't do it but it's interesting none the less.

You can google back quite a ways and find posts asking and the response is no, not allowed. Possibly you saw Service Dogs.

Walt-Disney-World-Resorts-information_Full_31349.jpg

They used to allow Santa pictures with dogs at Xmas time. It was advertised back in ...hrm, probably 2009? We took our yorkie mix that year.

I still occasionally see small purse dogs at Disney Springs. I've never seen one in a store, but I've seen 4 or 5 there in the last few years.

I don't think that poll is all that insignificant. It has remained consistent and there does seem to be many more posters speaking out against this policy than are for this policy on this thread. I think the people who are against it are definitely more passionate about the reasons for being against it, and in most cases, for good reasons.
Okay a poll that can be easily manipulated is statistically misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter