Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand I was out for a walk and came across a pitbull who was an absolute sweetheart. Not saying every one will be like that, but not everyone is this vicious killer

Yeah, absolutely there are sweet ones. However, they are banned in many areas and I am surprised they wouldn't be banned at a family vacation destination.

On the other hand I was out for a walk and came across a pitbull who was an absolute sweetheart. Not saying every one will be like that, but not everyone is this vicious killer
They're bred to be dog aggressive, not people aggressive. I grew up with a pit mix. He was a lovely dog, wonderful with kids. He wasn't a dog park type of dog though.

What I don't get is how this discussion suddenly went from Disney is given a trial run at four resorts to dogs will be riding the buses. Maybe we should dial back on the hyperbole

That info is listed in the WDW policies. See above.

With all due respect again I feel like it's like I say something and then peeps want to say "no no it's because of this".

I'm not in any shape or form talking about all those things you are mentioning in your "here's what we're objecting about" because that's already been covered many times. I don't know why someone would see others having an issue primarily regarding the implementation, lack of clear policies, lack of consequences for infractions, short notice, inability to change their reservations etc. would make them feel uncomfortable and it wasn't what I was talking about. I understand what people are talking about I even agree wholeheartedly with the lack of notice part.

I'm talking about the direct treatment posters have gotten when they've mentioned they were happy about the new policy (remember the hospital comment? just to name one, eta: and the one about being told to vacation elsewhere because you're not welcomed at WDW) or in support of it. And it has been said on this thread that they didn't feel comfortable and on other threads it's been said that.

If you said you were in support of the new policy and then were told off I can imagine why you may not come back to the thread and I can also imagine if you read the comments in the thread prior to commenting it would be evident your opinion may not be welcome even though you should be able to feel comfortable in commenting.

When a poster said "maybe 5-10 people who support it" I responded with a civil response and I was met with "Well, the poll is anonymous. That is really what we are talking about." Which my comment wasn't even talking about the poll nor was the comment of the other poster I quoted. I was giving a possible reason as to why those who may be neutral/don't have as much of an issue with it or are for the policy may not feel comfortable with speaking in this thread--not voting in the poll.

I agree on the posts you mention. I cringed when I saw these and others. That's kinda what I meant by hyperbolic or belittling. I guess I wasn't really clear and with 100+ pages of potential examples, I couldn't come up with them off the top of my head. I didn't refer to direct attacks but everyone has very real, very strong opinions on this thread. Some who answer the poll, simply have an opinion. This has been poorly rolled out and speculation is rampant. When you have nothing else, you get speculation.

So you never have been on a plane with a dog on board? I don't fly that often and I have had at least one dog on each flight for the last few years.

No- never. We fly about once/year.
I work with disabled kids who often have anxiety/autism, and for several of them a WDW family vacation is one of the only ones that can work. WDW has been amazing in this regard. I know these people will have to book other resorts to avoid the dogs, but that's doable. Imo they shouldn't have to wait or pay for alternative transportation to avoid dogs ( who may be barking) on the free ME bus.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ect-walt-disney-world-hotels-starting-oct-15/

I'm an A-1 super duper dog fan....but not at my resort. I don't want to hear Skippy in the next room yapping at midnight, or at 5 am (yes, I know..the infant comparison). I also don't want to be in a resort room in which previously there was a dog.

Next up....fleas in the rooms.

I don't think it's a good idea, but I'm sure that some of you will.

What do you think? :)

Resort trial will be held at Ft Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside and Yacht Club.
I am the patron saint of all things that go "woof" and can hardly pass a dog without wanting to pet it, as the husband can attest. But, if I am woken up before I want by a barking dog, I will ask for my money back.

I agree on the posts you mention. I cringed when I saw these and others. That's kinda what I meant by hyperbolic or belittling. I guess I wasn't really clear and with 100+ pages of potential examples, I couldn't come up with them off the top of my head. I didn't refer to direct attacks but everyone has very real, very strong opinions on this thread. Some who answer the poll, simply have an opinion. This has been poorly rolled out and speculation is rampant. When you have nothing else, you get speculation.
Oh absolutely when things aren't clear in how they are presented in a new policy it's bound to create thoughts we never thought we think about (sorry that sounds corny lol). Strong opinions are totally ok and I have nothing wrong with passionate people (I've been that passionate person too in other threads).

I was and still stand by my comment that it is possible due to the vibe of this thread as a whole some who support it or have less of an issue with it may have chosen not to come back to the thread or not to comment period. And that's all I was commenting on in that other initial comment on the matter :)

I am a huge animal lover, but I am adamantly against this due to allergies, noise, cleanliness, etc. There's excellent pet care available on property so this seems to be totally unnecessary given how many people are clearly against it. I called Disney to voice my concerns as well and moved an upcoming reservation away from YC. The cast member indicated many people had been calling to move resorts.
Gotta say, in my opinion, no one is better at caring for my pet than me. In the end, it’s still a facility.

Several posters have mentioned Universal and the differences between the two policies - I think I asked previously about vaccination policies. I feel like I read a post that Universal resorts were actually designed with being pet friendly in mind in terms of layout, separation, etc - I did not know that! I didn't even know it was pet friendly before this thread. So my question is about their policies about no unattended dogs the room:

"Pets should be supervised at all times while in the hotel or on the property.
You have
been provided with a list of local pet sitting services which can be arranged for you
through the hotel’s concierge. Since these services are not provided by Loews Hotels
we can not be held responsible for any pet service engaged by you."

So, for people with Universal dog experience - do people generally follow that rule and board their dogs during the day? I read a post about someone doing that and having the dog in the room in the evening it working out well, can't remember which thread. And I think I read another one that said it wasn't enforced, but given that the policy has been around for a while, I was wondering if there was more feedback. If I could remember where I saw the posts, I would have pasted them...

Do you really think the poll has been manipulated so much that more people on the dis are actually in support of this dog policy? Yet the overwhelming majority of people on this thread are speaking out against it? :confused3
Yes, I think that STATISTICALLY the poll is misleading. As in the example I've used before. Go to Bryant-Denny stadium and ask the fans who their favorite college football team is -85% will say the Crimson Tide-so based on that "poll" you'll assume 85% of college football fans are Tide fans. Yet if you try to replicate these results and go to Death Valley in Batton Roughe (or Clemson) you will find your original poll at Alabama isn't replicated and that 85% of college football fans aren't Tide fans. As others have been saying they have seen polls elsewhere that have the unfavorables at about 30%. (Favorable and neutral both also in the 30% range) 30% is a far cry from 85% thus making this poll statistically misleading.

There likely will be. Like others have said these are resorts set up with the intention to walk about and enjoy the grounds. And just from general experience in every day life there are always plenty of rule breakers when it comes to dogs (not that it's limited to dog owners). Our park down the road is off limits to dogs during the kids' baseball season every year, and has a huge sign on the gate where you enter, yet somehow there is always dog poop in the grass there.
Signs won't help. Dogs can't read.
Not everyone flies to Florida. We drive 26 hours one way to avoid flying.
Not everyone drives 26 hours one way (so more than two days, total) to avoid flying three or so hours.

Oh absolutely when things aren't clear in how they are presented in a new policy it's bound to create thoughts we never thought we think about (sorry that sounds corny lol). Strong opinions are totally ok and I have nothing wrong with passionate people (I've been that passionate person too in other threads).

I was and still stand by my comment that it is possible due to the vibe of this thread as a whole some who support it or have less of an issue with it may have chosen not to come back to the thread or not to comment period. And that's all I was commenting on in that other initial comment on the matter :)

Makes total sense to me. I would like to hear more about how this policy would benefit other DISers. I hope I do get to hear more from them as this rolls out. I, myself, am only adamantly against the way this has been rolled out. The policy itself, if implemented responsibly and in a feasible manner, is sensible to keep with industry standards. This has been so poorly done, I understand how both sides are equally confused and concerned.

Since the policy has been so ineffectively communicated to those with imminent reservations, I foresee a lot of rancor on both sides. Dog owners will be "read the riot act" by angry guests who don't know why they have a pet in their room. Allergic guests will be freaking out when they arrive to find dogs on property. Guests who thought they were forced to board their pets will arrive to find there was an alternative. There have been a number of guests with reservations within weeks who have received no notice from WDW and if they were not members here, would not know. Bad form Disney. Bad Show.

Makes total sense to me. I would like to hear more about how this policy would benefit other DISers. I hope I do get to hear more from them as this rolls out. I, myself, am only adamantly against the way this has been rolled out. The policy itself, if implemented responsibly and in a feasible manner, is sensible to keep with industry standards. This has been so poorly done, I understand how both sides are equally confused and concerned.

Since the policy has been so ineffectively communicated to those with imminent reservations, I foresee a lot of rancor on both sides. Dog owners will be "read the riot act" by angry guests who don't know why they have a pet in their room. Allergic guests will be freaking out when they arrive to find dogs on property. Guests who thought they were forced to board their pets will arrive to find there was an alternative. There have been a number of guests with reservations within weeks who have received no notice from WDW and if they were not members here, would not know. Bad form Disney. Bad Show.
Agreed :)

Okay a poll that can be easily manipulated is statistically misleading.

First, I disagree with the opinion that the poll is being manipulated, as evidenced by the comments in this thread alone. So far it seems that those who don't like the poll results are doing everything they can to discredit it.

...and if you go with the premise that Dis'rs could, or would, intentionally try to manipulate the poll, the same could be just as easily be said for those in favor of this new policy.

Dan

Last edited:
...and just for reference, I tried to see if I could modify the poll or add more votes but I could not. (I would never do this but I wanted to see if it were possible based on some claims).

It is not possible

Incognito doesn't work
Clearing cookies doesn't work
Using a different browser doesn't work

You can only take the poll if you are logged in under your proper username. The only option, once logged in, is to change your vote.

Dan

Last edited:
A DIS poll isn't going to sway WDW policy one way or another so whether it is skewed is irrelevant. WDW will do what it darn well pleases just as they always have. If there is a large/small majority/minority who are unhappy with a policy or decision, WDW knows eventually the furor will die down and it will become accepted as wrote. Like FP+,like magicbands, like everything else.

This is no "trial". This is phase 1.

For what it's worth, I've gone through the different stages, and at this point I'm just hoping and praying that my precious (truly) WDW vacations aren't negatively impacted by this unnecessary policy. There is NOTHING to gain for us, only loss. (even though we own and love dogs). That seems to be a pretty common sentiment in this thread.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter