Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the maps matter that much. It's just where they are putting the bags and trash cans. Dogs need walks and when they go, they go. I think it will be more of a case of where they are banned versus where they can walk, if that makes sense. I think it's great that they are putting the bags in the welcome package...that makes more sense for people to grab one that way before they take the dog out

Last edited:

I don't think the maps matter that much. It's just where they are putting the bags and trash cans. Dogs need walks and when they go, they go. I think it will be more of a case of where they are banned versus where they can walk, if that makes sense. I think it's great that they are putting the bags in the welcome package...that makes more sense for people to grab one that way before they take the dog out
Uuuuuuh, the relief areas BETTER be where they go. And those maps sure as HE** BETTER matter.

Yeah, though I don't like it there's nothing really stopping Disney from allowing pets in the theme parks (on the walkways, etc., not on the rides/attractions). If Fido can walk around Disney hotels around other guests, I don't see why not around other guests in Disney theme parks. Though I find it ridiculous, I'm sure many dog owners would "like to enjoy the magic with their furbabys" in the theme parks. It's Walt's Dog World now. :(

I actually think that this is a great idea. In Denver and Seattle they do bark at the park nights where dogs are allowed into Coors and Safeco Fields for the MLB games (I also think Petco Field in San Diego has a dedicated dog section every game) If ball parks with 50000+ fans can manage having dogs at the park I'm sure Disney can manage. I think a special ticket event in Epcot could be an awesome place for dogs and their people, lots of places to walk and explore.

Thanks for the imput all-I think I'll use the contact info you all have provided and e-mail my support for a Dog-Days of winter at Epcot.

Oh Oh maybe they will put in some of these ... so they are easy to find. ;)

img_1403.jpg
Welcome to Walt Doggie World!

I actually think that this is a great idea. In Denver and Seattle they do bark and the park nights where dogs are allowed into Coors and Safeco Fields for the MLB games (I also think Petco Field in San Diego has a dedicated dog section every game) If ball parks with 50000+ fans can manage having dogs at the park I'm sure Disney can manage. I think a special ticket event in Epcot could be an awesome place for dogs and there people, lots of places to walk and explore.

Thanks for the imput all-I think I'll use the contact info you all have provided and e-mail my support for a Dog-Days of winter at Epcot.
:eek:

That would be the last possible straw. I'd probably not set foot on Disney property ever again.

I'm not a religious person but I might drive to my church right now and light a candle in hopes that non-service dogs are NEVER allowed in the parks.

They should help relocate anyone who is currently booked at one of these resorts and is unhappy with this new policy.

Going forward, there are 20+ Dog-Free resorts for the people with concerns such as you mentioned

Many magical places to stay!

Don't get logical now!:-)

Seriously - there 20-something other places people can stay that won't allow dogs. This isn't the end of the world. Dogs were already allowed at Disney Springs and FW. Now they're allowed in a few resorts in select areas. As long as Disney takes precautions, it should eventually be ok. I do hope that Disney accommodates the people that need to change their reservations because of the new policy. The lack of notice was completely unfair.

Keeping up with this thread and thinking about other things related to the Theme Parks post on drinking at F&W (yeah, I'm a glutton for threads on controversial topics this week):

1) There's a lot of concern about the fallout from irresponsible owners and bad dogs. As guests, though, none of us have control over that. Since Disney has instituted this policy (more on that in a bit), my view is that dog owners be provided the benefit of the doubt to be responsible unless they demonstrate otherwise. Will all of them be responsible? Nope - but my argument isn't with them but how Disney handles it (having introduced this new dynamic). Of course, that doesn't address those with allergies or phobias - which also doesn't go to the owners/dogs, but back to Disney to accommodate all of their guests. Which leads us to....

2) The frustration and doubts about Disney's policy here. The roll-out has been a mess - with vague and at times inconsistent information available to dog owners who might use this policy while failing to assuage the concerns of other guests who oppose this move to hastily pushing it through while relying on CMs and resort staff caught flat-footed. Ideally, everyone trusts Disney's ability to follow through on guest satisfaction and address those issues in item (1) - but instead the rollout didn't inspire much confidence at all from anyone. Does Disney deserve any deference or the benefit of the doubt? I'm not so sure yet - but my inclination is to say they'll have to earn it on this one. They're trying with the responses so far to help guests who complain, but the proof will be what we see happening during the trial and actual policy adjustments (although I'm still cynical and believe that process will be driven mostly by dollars rather than best interests).

Final point: I hope that one thing that Disney has realized in all this is that - just like there's a market for pet-friendly rooms - there is a substantial market of guests who want pet-free resorts. Fingers crossed they don't try to upsell that or figure out how to profit off both the pro and anti crowds.

Very well stated. Consider sending your well written remarks to:

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
And cc these folks too:
Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

So this makes me think about WET DOGS. Lots and lots of WET DOGS at WDW Resorts. (Not that it ever rains in Orlando) Do you suppose Disney will come up with a rule stating how many hours per day all of those wet dogs are allowed to smell bad? Probably 7 hours?
If only. Sadly, there will be no time limit on foul-smelling dogs.

Last edited:
Uuuuuuh, the relief areas BETTER be where they go. And those maps sure as HE** BETTER matter.

Some dogs are trained to go on command. But for most dogs, as soon as they hit what they perceive to be the outdoors, they will take a whizz. As for poop, owners might be able to try to walk in that direction, but again, it's gonna happen when it happens.

Don't get logical now!:-)

Seriously - there 20-something other places people can stay that won't allow dogs. This isn't the end of the world. Dogs were already allowed at Disney Springs and FW. Now they're allowed in a few resorts in select areas. As long as Disney takes precautions, it should eventually be ok. I do hope that Disney accommodates the people that need to change their reservations because of the new policy. The lack of notice was completely unfair.
Dogs are not allowed at DS.

You have summed this nightmare up beautifully; "people dread having to deal with this now on a Disney vacation".
People dread this policy? Seems about 25 people on one board dread this policy-not even a drop in the bucket for Disney. My guess for every person Disney looses over this policy they gain two. Every Disney policy has detractors yet they keep setting record level attendance. Heck people on this board keep lamenting that there are no slow times anymore.

People dread this policy? Seems about 25 people on one board dread this policy-not even a drop in the bucket for Disney. My guess for every person Disney looses over this policy they gain two. Every Disney policy has detractors yet they keep setting record level attendance. Heck people on this board keep lamenting that there are no slow times anymore.

They'll gain TWO alright...TWO dogs per room.

To be fair, it was an accurate statement. There are people who seem to be dreading this policy. There are also people who are not dreading it. Since none of us are omniscient there is no way for any of us to know which there are more of, people for or against, in reality. Your guess is about as good as any other...that Disney will see a huge boost in attendance, that it will be an epic fail, that it won't make much a difference, and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter