Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Maybe it's been answered somewhere already, but will guests be able to use rider swap as normal with the extra FP+? (Do they appear on the CM's screen the same?)

We have trips in March, April, June/July, and November. Might be worth buying the extra FP+ for the trip starting June 30 for TSL, esp if it turns out that we really could double up on tier 1 attractions.

Maybe it's been answered somewhere already, but will guests be able to use rider swap as normal with the extra FP+? (Do they appear on the CM's screen the same?)

We have trips in March, April, June/July, and November. Might be worth buying the extra FP+ for the trip starting June 30 for TSL, esp if it turns out that we really could double up on tier 1 attractions.

As to rider swap, I would assume it’s business as usual.

One thing to watch out for regarding TSL if you do book this is the one thing we don’t know at the moment is when FPs will be released for those rides. FPs might not be bookable at your 90 day window if they aren’t set up in the MDX system yet. Might want to discuss with DSS if you decide to book.

As to rider swap, I would assume it’s business as usual.

One thing to watch out for regarding TSL if you do book this is the one thing we don’t know at the moment is when FPs will be released for those rides. FPs might not be bookable at your 90 day window if they aren’t set up in the MDX system yet. Might want to discuss with DSS if you decide to book.
How far out have they typically opened FP+ for new attractions? (We didn’t go to Pandora until June 2017)

can anyone trying to book CL extra fast passes report back about availability in May? If they aren’t available does that mean it will be down or just standby? Trying to nail down our plans and was going to use extra fp for rnrc and tsmm. IF tsmm is down we may skip dHS!

can anyone trying to book CL extra fast passes report back about availability in May? If they aren’t available does that mean it will be down or just standby? Trying to nail down our plans and was going to use extra fp for rnrc and tsmm. IF tsmm is down we may skip dHS!

@doodlemama - I moved your post to this thread where people who have booked the CL Trial Program have been discussing their strategy and experiences. I have not seen anyone discuss any May FPs yet, but I’ll leave it to others to respond.

I think the general speculation is that it will stay open through TSL opening, but in standby only. But TBD, of course.

I am booking ours on Sunday for May 22-26. I can let you know how it goes, but I won't be much help for the beginning of the month.I was told that TSMM will be standby for all of May.

I'm interested in knowing this too. I was planning our HS day for May 10 and somewhere it said that Toy Story Mania will be standby only from April 9, 2018 to May 7, 2018. I want to know what is happening after the 7th. If we need to plan to go the 6th or 7th to make sure we get to ride.

I'm interested in knowing this too. I was planning our HS day for May 10 and somewhere it said that Toy Story Mania will be standby only from April 9, 2018 to May 7, 2018. I want to know what is happening after the 7th. If we need to plan to go the 6th or 7th to make sure we get to ride.
This was posted in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM last night by @plainoldt who has a CL FP Stay beginning after May 7th...TSM will remain open as Standby-only:
He confirmed that Toy Story Mania will be open the week of May 16th through the 22nd however there will be no fastpasses available. It will be standby only.

Seems crazy if they keep TSM as standby only from early April through the end of June! I guess we will see though.
I recall reading that it would be standby only and one of the tracks is closed. IF that's right, I'd skip it altogether, personally. In fact, we'll be there in April and we WILL skip it.

So, I sent an email to DS on Wed. to give them our requests and payment info for Sunday. Email was rejected since I listed the GC# and they couldn't keep it in an email so I had to call. Called, gave the GC to CM who said it would be in the file and to resend the email of requests (w/o payment info!). Didn't get an acknowledgement from them Thurs or Fri am and since they usually at least acknowledge getting it, I called again.CM said they hadn't received it and to resend. 2 hrs later CM calls me to confirm the GC# (again) and while she's running it, we are chatting. She got done and I asked if we would now be all set for Sunday. She said, "Oh, I took care of it all for you already. " I was so surprised! We got our 3 FOP (yay!). Times are just slightly off from my requests. I haven't tried to modify the regular ones yet. I'm almost afraid to do them until Sunday since that was supposed to be our date. Don't know if it qualifies as Pixie dust, but I'm going to call it that!

My 90 day window opens tomorrow, and I'll be purchasing 3 days of passes. I've got a spreadsheet ready to go with what I'd LIKE to book, but didn't bother trying duplicates. I'll be curious to hear what they have to say about TSMM in June.

How far out have they typically opened FP+ for new attractions? (We didn’t go to Pandora until June 2017)

FEA and 7dmt fps were live 30 days prior to grand opening. So everyone had a fair shot

Pandora rides were live 60 days prior..so only those on site got FP's

My 90 day window opens tomorrow, and I'll be purchasing 3 days of passes. I've got a spreadsheet ready to go with what I'd LIKE to book, but didn't bother trying duplicates. I'll be curious to hear what they have to say about TSMM in June.
I bought the package for 4 days out of my 6 ticketed days. I was able to book my three FPs the other 2 day non club FP days before my 60 days out date ~ around day 74 ~ because I happened to call DSS on another issue and he asked why i didnt have FP for those other days, and I said because i dont have the package and he said it didn't matter and he booked them. I cant say they will all do that, but worth a shot to ask. It was so nice not to have to do the 7am thing, and have tons of selection.

I bought the package for 4 days out of my 6 ticketed days. I was able to book my three FPs the other 2 day non club FP days before my 60 days out date ~ around day 74 ~ because I happened to call DSS on another issue and he asked why i didnt have FP for those other days, and I said because i dont have the package and he said it didn't matter and he booked them. I cant say they will all do that, but worth a shot to ask. It was so nice not to have to do the 7am thing, and have tons of selection.
If they do, that's great, but if not, it's not a big deal. Of the other days I'd book, one would be a few FPs at HS which would basically be throwaways depending on which Jedi Training class we can get, on one we might not do parks other than lunch at Via Napoli, and our last day we'll have just enough time for a few rounds on ToT before the Tragical Express, and that's never difficult to book.

Now, if they wanted to help me with the POR portion of our trip, I would certainly let them. :thumbsup2

Quick question, though: did you have specific times in mind for your FPs, and were they able to match them?

Last edited:
If they do, that's great, but if not, it's not a big deal. Of the other days I'd book, one would be a few FPs at HS which would basically be throwaways depending on which Jedi Training class we can get, on one we might not do parks other than lunch at Via Napoli, and our last day we'll have just enough time for a few rounds on ToT before the Tragical Express, and that's never difficult to book.

Now, if they wanted to help me with the POR portion of our trip, I would certainly let them. :thumbsup2

Quick question, though: did you have specific times in mind for your FPs, and were they able to match them?
yes, I got everything i wanted at the time I wanted. I knew what time i wanted my first pass of the day and would ask for that time. for a few they were off by ten min or so but thats all. I loved getting Sorin, Frozen EA and test Track right in a row.

My 90 day window opens today, but I'm hoping to hear some experiences with the viewing areas first. Especially HEA and Rivers of Light.
With how long they are taking to load the HEA Dessert Party dates for June, this is looking better and better. Hey, maybe that's their plan?! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!