Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

How much tip for Tony? And do you split it up? We are using him in Feb
By split it up do you mean if you’re giving him 20% tip then give him only 10% to hotel and 10% back to airport? Good question.

Personally from the thread he sounds like he is worth 25-30% tip just because his price seems so reasonable for what he does.

But I could understand most giving him standard 20%. But I’m one of those people that add a few more bucks to a tip, and tip based on the total amount including tax. I tend to feel like what’s just a couple of dollars more to me could be a huge difference to people who work for tips. Although when someone actually owns the business 20% is probably more appropriate.

How much tip for Tony? And do you split it up? We are using him in Feb

We did 20% and pretended each way was $50 so did $10 each time. I was worried if we waited until end it would be a different driver and I’d be kicking myself for waiting to tip.

Tipping can be a difficult subject here

I always tip when service has been acceptable (20%)

But I over tip many times when service is outstanding and he does more than just drive for me

Car service, restaurants, etc

Since Orlando is a vacation destination for many, I over tip when I have Tony or his driver Ron

I have used Tony for years and he feels more like family than just a business man with transportation service

I first met him when he worked for John and Marie back in 1992

I had him as a driver and he was very considerate to me and a very sharp driver

I always felt secure in his car as he never took chances when driving in traffic

When he started his own company, I went with him

About 6 or 7 years ago, I thought I left my Maui Jim sunglasses in his car
Or I thought I did

I called him once I checked into my Disney hotel and asked if I left them on the seat

He checked the car and they were not there
Later that night he went to Publix and the liquor store to check if I left them there

He called me the next day and said he found them at Publix as it was turned in at the office there

Tony in between fares, dropped them off to me at my hotel

He refused to take gift money from me for returning them

I truly wanted to give him $40 as he wasted his gas backtracking to places he took me the day before

Tony said he treats all his fares as family and could not take the gift money

He is an honest man just trying to make a living and always does the right thing

I as so thrilled he found my Maui Jim glasses as I had paid $385 for them to take on that trip

I told him he wasted his gas going to two different stores and he needed to be reimbursed for his gas

He refused to take that gift money
He said it was the right thing to do to help others

The man is honest

Tony is not a rich man but he provides excellent service for all

He is dependable always

Once you have used him a few times it would be difficult to change companies

I have used drivers since I started going to Disney back in 1991

When I used tony I knew he was a keeeper

He takes pride driving a clean nice vehicle and always honors a faires request

The man is a gem

I’m sure his company will be around for many years

Tony is a gem!

But I over tip many times when service is outstanding and he does more than just drive for me

Since Orlando is a vacation destination for many, I over tip when I have Tony or his driver Ron

I have used Tony for years and he feels more like family than just a business man with transportation service

I always felt secure in his car as he never took chances when driving in traffic

Or I thought I did

I called him once I checked into my Disney hotel and asked if I left them on the seat

Later that night he went to Publix and the liquor store to check if I left them there

He called me the next day and said he found them at Publix as it was turned in at the office there

I truly wanted to give him $40 as he wasted his gas backtracking to places he took me the day before

He is an honest man just trying to make a living and always does the right thing

I as so thrilled he found my Maui Jim glasses as I had paid $385 for them to take on that trip

I told him he wasted his gas going to two different stores and he needed to be reimbursed for his gas

The man is honest

He is dependable always

The man is a gem

Tony is a gem!
Wow what an incredibly nice thing for him to do!!

Or I thought I did

The man is honest

He is dependable always

The man is a gem

Tony is a gem!

We have used Tony’s services many times and he is one the most competent, reliable and safe drivers I have ever had the pleasure of using. We book him every time we visit Orlando from the UK and he has never let us down and it is true that he treats all his fares as family. We tip him above the 20% (we also bring him some Yorkshire tee) and are happy to do so as You correctly state the man is a true Gem.

He also speaks very fondly of you as he once asked me how I found out about his service from the UK, I said that I had read your and others review on this board about his services.

I would recommend him 100%...

Can someone send me Tony's contact info? I would like to see if we can book him for Spring Break. Thanks!

Thanks. Got in touch and we will be riding with him over Spring Break!

Tell him I said “hey”!

If you get Ron, one of his drivers you will enjoy him

Tony tries to do at least one leg of a fare for everyone

He enjoys meeting newbies that use company

Tell him I said “hey”!

If you get Ron, one of his drivers you will enjoy him

Tony tries to do at least one leg of a fare for everyone

He enjoys meeting newbies that use company

Will do. My expectations have been raised pretty high but I think they will be met.

Will do. My expectations have been raised pretty high but I think they will be met.

Tony is the best. My husband was so worried about how we would get to universal without renting a car. He's completely against using uber. In 1994 he took an $80 cab ride from the airport to an offsite hotel for disney where the guy took them on an extra long route. So he's a little untrusting and maybe slightly paranoid. He was so pleased with Tony's service and has passed his name on to some of our friends at home that are frequent orlando visitors. :sunny:

Tony is the best. My husband was so worried about how we would get to universal without renting a car. He's completely against using uber. In 1994 he took an $80 cab ride from the airport to an offsite hotel for disney where the guy took them on an extra long route. So he's a little untrusting and maybe slightly paranoid. He was so pleased with Tony's service and has passed his name on to some of our friends at home that are frequent orlando visitors. :sunny:
I won’t take a cab in Orlando. They seem quite unregulated and try to take advantage of tourists. I think Uber/Lyft type companies work on flat rate. Different from regular cabs. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t have this in my city. So I’ve never used Uber. I have app downloaded to my phone for Orlando incase I use them.
I won’t use Uber for long trips, to get me to MCO I booked Tony! But for short local trip to a restaurant etc, I’d try Uber.

We just got back from Orlando and for this trip we needed to rent a car for our 4 a.m. trips from Universal to runDisney. I will admit more than a touch of sadness to not having Tony waiting for us at the baggage claim area when we got to the airport. He has become such a part of our trips to Orlando.

I won’t take a cab in Orlando. They seem quite unregulated and try to take advantage of tourists. I think Uber/Lyft type companies work on flat rate. Different from regular cabs. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, we don’t have this in my city. So I’ve never used Uber. I have app downloaded to my phone for Orlando incase I use them.
I won’t use Uber for long trips, to get me to MCO I booked Tony! But for short local trip to a restaurant etc, I’d try Uber.
You open the app, choose your destination, it shows you a fare range. IF you agree to the quote then confirm. You can monitor the car’s approach so you know when to be ready to go. Super easy.

I have used cabs a few times to/from MCO, before rideshares existed or were not allowed to pick up there. Now I use Lyft because it is less expensive than a cab.

Last May we used lyft and they were great drivers. My trip in March I’m planning on using lyft again

Last May we used lyft and they were great drivers. My trip in March I’m planning on using lyft again

We are 4 adults with luggage (4 carry-on's - 4 checked) going from MCO to Hard Rock for 4 days then on to Disney. Don't want to rent a car. Seriously considering taking either Lyft or Uber but never used either service. Does Lyft and Uber allow luggage and could we get all 4 of us with luggage in the same vehicle with a grocery stop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!