Trader Sam's wait times, help me with a strategy!

What’s the wait time like to sit inside Trader Sam’s later on in the night? At around 10pm??

Cheryl

If Trader Sam’s is a priority, I’d be there at opening and schedule everything else around it.

We’ve never waited to get in even later at night but you never know for sure until you arrive.

I hope you enjoy it!

You don't have to go to the window by the pool. There is a patio outside of Trader Sam's too. Though not everyone is aware as it's very hidden and not near the entrance to the indoor area.

You can't Uber/Lyft straight to MK. You end up at TTC, just in case you weren't aware.

Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks for the tip

We've only ever had a wait when we went early. It was also the only time where we were disappointed. I think the atmosphere gets better the later it gets. DH and I are pretty quiet people (we barely tolerate Biergarten because you have to sit with other people), but it's really sitting with other people that make or break Trader Sams. That and the bartender's dancing to Thriller. :love:

Also keep in mind that it's 21+ beginning at 8 (I think it's 8), if that affects your party :)

I don't know but last time we went we were staying at the poly and never had a wait. We just walked on in.

Thank you for the tip! We are chill people, so we will do our best to get inside and get there early but if we can't its the drinks my BF is after. We have a list of Cocktails at various WDW locations to try and our goal is to try them all! Getting inside TS would be a bonus to our cocktail adventure, but getting in wont ruin anything for us.

There are alot of great places to enjoy a beverage in that area. We personally have always LOVED Misners Lounge in the Grand Floridian. It's small, but typically not overly croweded, and if the band is playing, it makes for a fantastic experience.

I'm curious as to the wait times at around 6:00PM on a Saturday evening. I asked before but nobody really responded. :-/

I've got an Ohana reservation for 8:00PM so my sister and I were going to drag our parents out for a pre-dinner cocktail. We like TS at DL, so we wanted to try it at WDW, too.

Does 6PM leave us enough time to get a drink and check in for our reservation around 7:50?

I am going to come in with a warning: If your dates coincide with the release of this year's Halloween special edition mug, wait times will be insane. People start lining up because of the mugs by 2PM.

Yes I was confused when people said lines. I'm like what lines we went twice and never saw a line when we went. But we did go at earlier times.
Unless you went just before, at at, opening you wouldn't have seen a line. The rest of the times they take your number but only if it's at capacity. As to if you found a wait to get it, that really varies. Sometimes there will be a wait, sometimes there isn't. When we had to wait, wait wasn't long. Just however long it took for someone to leave, since it was at capacity. For example, (and I don't know the max number allowed in) if they have a capacity of 100, and you come up and would be 101 and 102, they will not let you in, they'll take your name and phone number. As soon as at least 2 leave, they'll text you and let your 2 in. People come and go pretty much all the time so turn over is pretty fast. It's not like a restaurant where people eat a meal for an hour, usually it's 1, maybe 2 drinks. So much shorter stays.

Has the date for this been announced yet?
Nope.

Last year it was released early October, but it's traditionally been released in September at DLR, and they might very well push it up at WDW as well, because it's insane profit.

Do you have a limit on how late you can stay? We were there (staying at Poly so easily could stay as late as we wanted) in July and had no problems getting in later in the evening on both a Thursday and Friday nights, for a party of 2 and 3. It was late though, like after fireworks both nights. .

Exactly. We went on a Tuesday in June, around 10ish? and walked right in. There were maybe 8 people in there with us. We closed it down and maybe another 4 people came in. I say the later the better

Unless you went just before, at at, opening you wouldn't have seen a line. The rest of the times they take your number but only if it's at capacity. As to if you found a wait to get it, that really varies. Sometimes there will be a wait, sometimes there isn't. When we had to wait, wait wasn't long. Just however long it took for someone to leave, since it was at capacity. For example, (and I don't know the max number allowed in) if they have a capacity of 100, and you come up and would be 101 and 102, they will not let you in, they'll take your name and phone number. As soon as at least 2 leave, they'll text you and let your 2 in. People come and go pretty much all the time so turn over is pretty fast. It's not like a restaurant where people eat a meal for an hour, usually it's 1, maybe 2 drinks. So much shorter stays.
Both times we went Angie we just walked in and had a seat. We must have got lucky!

Been looking for info on this, but no luck finding it yet. I've seen in some reviews that people have been told to line up outside when they arrive, yet I've seen other posts about people lining up inside. Can someone confirm where the line forms these days?

Similar to the OP we are also planning on going on a Sunday in mid-September and cannot wait to finally check this place out!

Been looking for info on this, but no luck finding it yet. I've seen in some reviews that people have been told to line up outside when they arrive, yet I've seen other posts about people lining up inside. Can someone confirm where the line forms these days?

Similar to the OP we are also planning on going on a Sunday in mid-September and cannot wait to finally check this place out!

I've always seen it in the hallway. So outside of Trader Sam's, but inside the building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter