TR - A Gregarious Ghostly Gallivant - Final Thoughts Finally Posted!

unfortunately not, we'll be there 1st-7th Sep so before it gets the nightmare theme

Well as long as it isn't closed for the transition while you're there. That's what happened to us in '05 - it was closed to transition back to the classic theme.

Well this isn't worth a chapter, but we've been tossing around t-shirt ideas. For WDW last year we did this on both plain Ts and tie-dyed versions:

MnMrMustardT.jpg

This is the first one we've come up with for this trip:

MnMrMustardSmall.jpg

I'll also be putting together a mickey pumpkin-themed one, and of course a Jack Skellington one :D Anyone else have any thoughts? And of course if anyone is going during the Halloween season I'm happy to customize any of the designs for other DISers and make 'em available for download :thumbsup2

I love your shirt ideas!
My kids & I will be there Oct. 19-26.

I would love to have you customize shirts for us, that would be great!

I can't wait to read more!

I'll keep crankin' out the pics and am more than happy to share 'em. And the stories along with them :D And on the ladies in my life, I was just graced with lovely ones. And yes, had to put in a good Irish shirt for the holiday. It's in me blood!

Yeah, I think that would be a great added feature to LMA, have some of the crew come out with marshmallows and cook 'em up before they put him out. Pure luck on the ghosts capture - just took a bunch of pics and got lucky :thumbsup2

haha you're such a charmer.

:lmao: I can see it now at LMA. Maybe one of us should write to Disney and suggest it.

Well this isn't worth a chapter, but we've been tossing around t-shirt ideas. For WDW last year we did this on both plain Ts and tie-dyed versions:

MnMrMustardT.jpg

This is the first one we've come up with for this trip:

MnMrMustardSmall.jpg

I'll also be putting together a mickey pumpkin-themed one, and of course a Jack Skellington one :D Anyone else have any thoughts? And of course if anyone is going during the Halloween season I'm happy to customize any of the designs for other DISers and make 'em available for download :thumbsup2

AWESOME shirts!!!!!! Do you do those on Photoshop??? I really really need to learn how to use that program. I've seen a few web sites that teach you how but I haven't taken the time to learn yet. Do you think you could drum up some ides for t-shirts for me and Chris for our Xmas group trip?? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?? :worship: :worship: :worship:

You brought up a good question about the HM being down for the holiday overlay..... I know it goes down for a month for them to do it....but not sure if it's down in Sept for an October opening or down in Nov. with IASW for the Christmas time..... will have to research that!

I love your shirt ideas!
My kids & I will be there Oct. 19-26.

I would love to have you customize shirts for us, that would be great!

I can't wait to read more!

Cool, good time to go - still get the full Halloween feel without the big crowds :thumbsup2 I'm happy to do custom logos for you, just send me a PM with what design you want and what names you want on them. I will post them to a directory on my server in hi-res jpeg format so you can download them to your computer :) I love spreading the Disney magic :wizard:

haha you're such a charmer.

:lmao: I can see it now at LMA. Maybe one of us should write to Disney and suggest it.

Hehe, what can I say - I love my girls :love:

Yeah, we should do that - it would be a great comic moment in amongst the action :rotfl:

AWESOME shirts!!!!!! Do you do those on Photoshop??? I really really need to learn how to use that program. I've seen a few web sites that teach you how but I haven't taken the time to learn yet. Do you think you could drum up some ides for t-shirts for me and Chris for our Xmas group trip?? Pretty please, with a cherry on top?? :worship: :worship: :worship:

Yup, I do them in PhotoShop CS3. I tried to learn the program online, but there is just so much to it. I still use the web to figure out specific looks, but I did end up taking a formal college class to learn all the menus and such. Plus I took a separate digital photography community education class to get the most out of the pictures and how to best work with them in PS. Working at a community college has its advantages :D

And sure, I can do some Christmas-themed looks. It would be helpful if you can give me a concept or even better, a base image to start from.

You brought up a good question about the HM being down for the holiday overlay..... I know it goes down for a month for them to do it....but not sure if it's down in Sept for an October opening or down in Nov. with IASW for the Christmas time..... will have to research that!

Last year is was closed from September 4th to the 21st to bring up the Nightmare theme. I would imagine it will be very similar dates this year.

See, this is what happens when I go out of town for work. I miss out on who has started trip reports. Once again, I was in the dark. Thanks, Mike.:lmao:

Wow, 15 years, huh? DW must be a saint.;)

That shirt is the BEST! I love it! I'm not going to anywhere Disney related this year, but I want one!!

Hehe, what can I say - I love my girls :love:

Yeah, we should do that - it would be a great comic moment in amongst the action :rotfl:

Yup, I do them in PhotoShop CS3. I tried to learn the program online, but there is just so much to it. I still use the web to figure out specific looks, but I did end up taking a formal college class to learn all the menus and such. Plus I took a separate digital photography community education class to get the most out of the pictures and how to best work with them in PS. Working at a community college has its advantages :D

And sure, I can do some Christmas-themed looks. It would be helpful if you can give me a concept or even better, a base image to start from.

Heck yeah it would! I'm laughing just picturing it in my head.

You're lucky to have those kinds of classes readily available to you. I really wish I did. I guess I could take one here at one of the community colleges but I'm just too lazy :laughing: I'll try and see if I can figure stuff out from one of those web sites but for now I'll just use you if that's okay. :thumbsup2 I greatly appreciate you helping me out. I will search for a graphic to use on the t-shirt and hit you up when I have found one. You are the BEST!! :hug:

I wonder if they are actually going to do the HMH this year because of the anniversary? I had heard that they weren't I wonder? I hope they do we love it. Kody found out today her best friends family is going at the same time we are. They are both thrilled, it was so nice to see Kody in such a goood mood.

I wonder if they are actually going to do the HMH this year because of the anniversary? I had heard that they weren't I wonder? I hope they do we love it. Kody found out today her best friends family is going at the same time we are. They are both thrilled, it was so nice to see Kody in such a goood mood.

oh that's awesome that Kody's best friend is going to DLR the same time you are. Thank goodness for something to lift her spirits in these difficult times. :goodvibes

See, this is what happens when I go out of town for work. I miss out on who has started trip reports. Once again, I was in the dark. Thanks, Mike.:lmao:

Wow, 15 years, huh? DW must be a saint.;)

That shirt is the BEST! I love it! I'm not going to anywhere Disney related this year, but I want one!!

Hey, I just started it, don't even have an itinerary yet :confused3 ;)

Yup, 15 years of weirdness and wonderment ....and yes, she's and exceptionally tolerant woman :angel:

Heck yeah it would! I'm laughing just picturing it in my head.

You're lucky to have those kinds of classes readily available to you. I really wish I did. I guess I could take one here at one of the community colleges but I'm just too lazy :laughing: I'll try and see if I can figure stuff out from one of those web sites but for now I'll just use you if that's okay. :thumbsup2 I greatly appreciate you helping me out. I will search for a graphic to use on the t-shirt and hit you up when I have found one. You are the BEST!! :hug:

Yes, it has its plusses, that's for sure. I'll look forward to seeing the graphic and hearing your ideas for it :idea:

Oh no! I hadn't heard about that. I've scoured the net and it looks like Disney doesn't plan on announcing their intentions on it yet. Just have to keep our eyes peeled on it. It would be a bummer if they didn't do it - we have never seen it with the HMH theme :sad2:

oh that's awesome that Kody's best friend is going to DLR the same time you are. Thank goodness for something to lift her spirits in these difficult times. :goodvibes

Yes, that is very cool! Horray! :yay:

Yes, it has its plusses, that's for sure. I'll look forward to seeing the graphic and hearing your ideas for it :idea:

Oh no! I hadn't heard about that. I've scoured the net and it looks like Disney doesn't plan on announcing their intentions on it yet. Just have to keep our eyes peeled on it. It would be a bummer if they didn't do it - we have never seen it with the HMH theme :sad2:

Yes, that is very cool! Horray! :yay:

Okies, I haven't had a chance to start looking for something yet but I will sometime today or this weekend.

I hope that the HMH theme is up for y'all while you're there too. I really wanna see those pictures. I think if we ever are able to afford a trip out to DLR it will be around Halloween time so we can see the HM all decorated. NMBC is Chris' absolute favorite Disney movie.

Cool, good time to go - still get the full Halloween feel without the big crowds :thumbsup2 I'm happy to do custom logos for you, just send me a PM with what design you want and what names you want on them. I will post them to a directory on my server in hi-res jpeg format so you can download them to your computer :) I love spreading the Disney magic :wizard:

Thank you!

Before we get too far into this I have to warn you that I take pictures. I take quite a few pictures. hmmm..... Okay, I take a LOT of pictures. I took almost 10,000 at WDW/Sea World last January. You could say I have a problem :rotfl:
:eek: That's amazing!! I'm one of those who takes her camera with her, and comes back with only a handful of pics. Not sure why I even bother taking it. :rolleyes:

Love the PTR so far! Your wife is so pretty and your kids are adorable. :) Plus I love that you are going in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday and spending it in the parks is just so much fun. They really manage to transform the entire park.
We'll be there October 22-25 and I cannot wait!

I hope they do the Nightmare Before Christmas theme so you'll get to see it. It's pretty spectacular. Fingers crossed I guess! :wizard:

Keep up the great PTR. Look forward to reading more. popcorn::

Top o' the page - nice :cool1:

But I like to be first!:goodvibes

Okay, okay. I guess I'll just have to plan another trip then won't I :laughing:

Thank you!

No problem ...and on that note, here's the "first draft" of the mickey pumpkin shirt:

DIS_Pumpkin2.jpg

:eek: That's amazing!! I'm one of those who takes her camera with her, and comes back with only a handful of pics. Not sure why I even bother taking it. :rolleyes:

Love the PTR so far! Your wife is so pretty and your kids are adorable. :) Plus I love that you are going in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday and spending it in the parks is just so much fun. They really manage to transform the entire park.
We'll be there October 22-25 and I cannot wait!

I hope they do the Nightmare Before Christmas theme so you'll get to see it. It's pretty spectacular. Fingers crossed I guess! :wizard:

Keep up the great PTR. Look forward to reading more. popcorn::

Yup, just a shutterbug. Thank you for the compliment on my fam, they are my bevy of beautiful girls.

I take it you've been during halloween before? Any advice? Cool that you're going there in October too! I think those of us traveling during the haunted holiday will be able to send enough DIS mojo to the park and they'll do the theming for us :thumbsup2

I'm starting my itinerary now so I'll have more fun stuff to share soon ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend :banana:

I take it you've been during halloween before? Any advice?
We've been the last two years during Halloween, and are very excited to be going again.

As for advice.....hmmm, probably just the usual things like go early and during the week to avoid crowds. October used to be considered a slow time but not anymore. It gets packed! This is a pic I snapped on a Saturday in front of the Haunted Mansion last year. Shoulder to shoulder people and strollers everywhere. But during the week, it wasn't bad.

DSCF6001.jpg

Last year they had Jack and Sally out posing for pics and signing autographs. Get in line early if you want to meet them. They close the line off pretty quickly and I couldn't understand why at first, until I saw just how long they took with each guest. The interaction with them was really fun, and lingering.

DSCF5694.jpg

There are lots of special Halloween themed treats offered during this time so save room in the budget and stomach for those! ;) Especially the famous pumpkin muffin which is really good.

DSCF5664.jpg

DSCF6149.jpg

DSCF6150.jpg

DSCF5842.jpg

They even have special jack-o-lantern shaped sourdough bread for purchase over at the Pacific Wharf Cafe.
DSCF5898.jpg

I'd recommend taking time to really take in all the decorations. The windows and shops walking down Main Street are all decked out. Even the horses get into the act and the napkins are themed! It's those little touches everywhere that really immerse you into the spirit of the holiday. (Yes, I actually took a pic of the horse's behind and a napkin. LOL But what can I say, I was impressed that Disney thought of everything!)

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5702.jpg

There is lots of fun Halloween merchandise for sale. And if your girls are into the characters, you'll have plenty of photo ops to take pics of them with the characters in their Halloween costumes.
Last year, Minnie was a witch, Goofy was in a skeleton costume, Chip and Dale were a cop and robber.

Near the Mexican restaurant and Big Thunder Mountain, they have a Day of the Dead display with some artists offering free "tattoos". Many people were walking right by because they didn't realize it was free to do. So we stopped and let the kids get it done. After all, how many things in Disney are free! We had to take advantage of that. lol

DSCF5713.jpg

Okay, well, I'll shut up now. It's just a really fun time to be in the parks and I can't say enough about it. Hope some of this was useful. Oh, and I love your Mickey Pumpkin Shirt. :thumbsup2

We've been the last two years during Halloween, and are very excited to be going again.

As for advice.....hmmm, probably just the usual things like go early and during the week to avoid crowds. October used to be considered a slow time but not anymore. It gets packed! This is a pic I snapped on a Saturday in front of the Haunted Mansion last year. Shoulder to shoulder people and strollers everywhere. But during the week, it wasn't bad.

DSCF6001.jpg

Last year they had Jack and Sally out posing for pics and signing autographs. Get in line early if you want to meet them. They close the line off pretty quickly and I couldn't understand why at first, until I saw just how long they took with each guest. The interaction with them was really fun, and lingering.

DSCF5694.jpg

There are lots of special Halloween themed treats offered during this time so save room in the budget and stomach for those! ;) Especially the famous pumpkin muffin which is really good.

DSCF5664.jpg

DSCF6149.jpg

DSCF6150.jpg

DSCF5842.jpg

They even have special jack-o-lantern shaped sourdough bread for purchase over at the Pacific Wharf Cafe.
DSCF5898.jpg

I'd recommend taking time to really take in all the decorations. The windows and shops walking down Main Street are all decked out. Even the horses get into the act and the napkins are themed! It's those little touches everywhere that really immerse you into the spirit of the holiday. (Yes, I actually took a pic of the horse's behind and a napkin. LOL But what can I say, I was impressed that Disney thought of everything!)

DSCF5822.jpg

DSCF5702.jpg

There is lots of fun Halloween merchandise for sale. And if your girls are into the characters, you'll have plenty of photo ops to take pics of them with the characters in their Halloween costumes.
Last year, Minnie was a witch, Goofy was in a skeleton costume, Chip and Dale were a cop and robber.

Near the Mexican restaurant and Big Thunder Mountain, they have a Day of the Dead display with some artists offering free "tattoos". Many people were walking right by because they didn't realize it was free to do. So we stopped and let the kids get it done. After all, how many things in Disney are free! We had to take advantage of that. lol

DSCF5713.jpg

Okay, well, I'll shut up now. It's just a really fun time to be in the parks and I can't say enough about it. Hope some of this was useful. Oh, and I love your Mickey Pumpkin Shirt. :thumbsup2

Okay, your pictures want to make me spend all my $ to get plane tickets to come out there from GA for Halloween!!!! That looks so fun!! Especially the food. And Jack and Sally are out signing autographs???? It's SO not fair that they don't do that at WDW!!! I think I may go pout now. Did you do a TR from this trip? If so I'd love to read it and see all of your pictures!

Okay, your pictures want to make me spend all my $ to get plane tickets to come out there from GA for Halloween!!!! That looks so fun!! Especially the food. And Jack and Sally are out signing autographs???? It's SO not fair that they don't do that at WDW!!! I think I may go pout now. Did you do a TR from this trip? If so I'd love to read it and see all of your pictures!
Thanks. As a matter of fact, I did. It's here if you'd like to read it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988356
There are links in the first post to all the updates so you can skip all the chatter if you want. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter