Toyko Disney Sea

I believe the flight from Houston the Toyko (Nariata Airport) is between 11 and 13 hours. Most newer planes have individual video with movies-on-demand for each seat. My last flight on Continental had (according to the flight attendant) more than 250 movies and shows. They had a lot of Disney & Pixar animated features - Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Monsters, Inc. etc. - that I thought you could probably spend the entire trip just watching those.

And considering I remember all those long, long, long, long road trips from childhood trips to Disneyland that 13 hours in an airplane doesn't seem so bad.

Aside from airfare, the other expenses of a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort are very close to a trip to WDW. The Disney-owned hotels: the Hotel Mira Costa (themed as a Renaissance Italian Palace and is inside Tokyo Disney Sea), the Disney Ambassador Hotel (a 1930's Hollywood Art Deco hotel next to Ikspiari, the Tokyo much more elaborate version of Downtown Disney), and the brand new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel (Disney Victorian in style, a hundred times more plush than the Grand Floridian - it sits at the gates to Tokyo Disneyland), these three hotels are generally priced as WDW's Deluxe hotels. Rates in Tokyo vary greatly by season.

Surrounding the parks are six "official hotels", including western chains Hilton and Sheraton. As with Rsauer - I've also stayed at the 'Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel' It's a very modern hotel (no Disney touches) and is less than a two minute walk to the monorail station (but Disney also provides free bus transportation as well). There are "partner" and "good neighbor" hotels that offer busses. And Tokyo Disney also has its own rail station - it's a fifteen minute ride from downtown's Tokyo Station. That means there are literally hundreds of hotels "in the area".

A single day, one park ticket is 5800 Yen - $53.81 at today's exchange rate. A four day (park hopping on the last two days) ticket is $139.63 - compare that to WDW's $71.00 one day and $257.00 parking hopping four day.

Citizens of the United States only need a valid passport to enter - no visas are required.

So what is Kevin waiting for?

Would creating a petition make a difference?

Or would it be more useful to take a collection? :)

Thanks for your mini-trip reports, rsauer and Another Voice. I have been spending too much time this weekend on allearsnet.com looking at another blog about Tokyo Disney Resort, as well as other fan sites. I am intrigued with this place and it's immersive theming. As a general rule, I don't have much of a desire to visit Tokyo (crowds!!), but I would go for this.

Airfare seems expensive, but as you said, AV, this would probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip for me, or at least a very infrequent visit. Still, it would be an incredible experience.

And it would make the most FANTASTIC podcast episode!

ohhhhh.. I'm so wanting to go, but first I have to hit WDW (it's been a long time since I've been there).... but I guess Tokyo is now one of my options:banana:
Great reviews! they totally got my excited about going!

Now that our collective desire to get Kevin to Tokyo and Paris has gone out on the podcast, it's our responsibility to find an extremely wealthy and generous podcast listener to provide the $$$ for our Vicarious Dream Trip.

Any takers?

Unfortunately I'm still on the "Budget Disney Trip" plan. I have high hopes for the future, of course.:goodvibes

Now that our collective desire to get Kevin to Tokyo and Paris has gone out on the podcast, it's our responsibility to find an extremely wealthy and generous podcast listener to provide the $$$ for our Vicarious Dream Trip.

Any takers?

Unfortunately I'm still on the "Budget Disney Trip" plan. I have high hopes for the future, of course.:goodvibes

Is Kevin a recognized charity? I mean, if it were DEDUCTIBLE.....;) (And if I could go, too!!)

Thanks for that info! Must...get...to....Japan...someday. I cannot believe the cost of admission, even converted with a weak dollar! :scared1:

I learnt tonight at the pool that airfare to Tokyo is cheaper than Orlando from where I live. This has now gone up on my list of places to go. Serious research is beginning.

Comparing prices, anyone who can afford a seven day Disney cruise or more than a week at WDW can probably afford a trip to Tokyo Disney Resort. If people are willing to stay a bit aways from Disney (as in a fifteen minute bus or subway ride), it can be cheaper still.

Certainly Kevin must be getting tired of reviewing all those WDW places with their 4DP menus (Dumbed Down for Disney Dining Plan). Don't people want him to describe the S.S. Columbia Dining Room (it's like being in the dinner scene from Titanic but without all the screaming and water), or the Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall or his first experience with the infamous Goyza Sausage Bun?

P.S. - Or how about a Tokyo Disney thread on the boards?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter