Toyko Disney Sea

abish19

Mouseketeer
After hearing Pete's wish to eventually travel to Toyko Disney Sea, I did some further research to figure out what was so fabulous about it.

Basically, I have no words to describe it. And that's just from the photos and descriptions; I've never been there myself.

I wondered if the Podcast Crew could put together a show on Disney's (or the Oriental Land Company's!) international parks. I understand that in order to get firsthand, Podcast Crew experience, this would be a major expense! But maybe other listeners who have been could give mini trip reports, while the Podcasters could do some online research and just tell us about the parks' histories, their layout, some of their unique attractions, and the approximate cost of a vacation to the various international parks.

Anyway, at least I'm not asking for reports from Dubai-land!

Has anyone on this board been to the international parks?

I'm willing to take one for the team and head out to Tokyo and Paris.

It's just the kind of guy I am. I'm a "giver". :lmao:

yes!! I love this idea... I've also heard that Disney Sea is supposed to be an amazing park but I have no idea why:confused3 and I would love to hear about Disneyland Paris because there is a chance I could go there someday as my hubby keeps mentioning Paris as our next travel destination! :thumbsup2

Send Kevin to the Parks - International Style.

my daughter was there in september - she said it's the most beautiful of all the disney parks (and she's been at all of them around the world - i haven't been at disneysea yet, only tokyo disneyland - when i was pregnant with DD - her first visit to any disney park :) )...

she spent 5 days at tokyo disneyland/disneysea and had a fabulous time...

but then again, she's a lover of all things japanese.....a lifetime's worth of brainwashing on my part probably had a bit to do with that....
growing up i spent a great deal of time there....the most amazing place in the world....ok...so i exagerate just a tad....but it is a wonderful place...
if you do make it to disneysea, don't pass up on the chance to spend some time in the rest of japan....a beautiful country filled with wonderful people and as a bonus japan is probably the safest place in the world to travel...

Send Kevin to the Parks - International Style.

Kevin at 6'5" walking around a Tokyo theme park.... I dunno...

Does anyone else see the potential for disaster? :worried:

godzilla5.jpg

:scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1: :eek: :scared1:

runningjapanese.jpg

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I also want to make it to all the parks eventually. I have been to DL Paris, last May but was only there for part of one day, so I would love to go back again.

I can tell you that the park in Paris is beautiful, I would say it is more like Disneyland - at least it seemed that way to me. Small world was great, they have a section about the USA so that was pretty cool. I did miss the photopass especially since I lost my camera on the way to the airport. So, I don't have too many pictures, I was able to purchase some disposable cameras so I was able to get some shots, mostly of the afternoon parade.

The train around the park was a fun ride, however the cars are set up more like the cars on the train to Rafiki's planet watch - the seat face out rather than forward, and 3/4's of the car is enclosed in glass. I had hopped on hoping to cool off, with the breeze, and was disapointed that there was no breeze, because of the enclosures.

I thought it was pretty hot when I was there (not WDW in August hot), in the 80's and was shocked to find that nothing is air conditioned, not the shops or the restaurants. While I have found that not much in the European cities I've been to is air conditioned, I was surprised that the shops and restaurants had no A/C. I was told that this is because most of the year Paris has either cold or mild temperatues so it was a waste of money. I guess I was just there at the wrong time.

We've done DLRP. We went in March this year and it was freeeeezzzing :beach: (imagine the opposite to this smily)
Also rather expensive, the exchange rate wasn't good :sad1:

We just couldn't help ourselves compare it to WDW, we obviously prefered the weather in WDW and the bigger variety of parks. But hubby thought Space Mountian was better in Paris and Rock N Roller Coaster seemed longer. Also all the hotels (except the camping/cabin place) are pretty much walking distance - max 15-20mins - and the Disneyland Hotel is right over the park:goodvibes

This is HIGH on my list of places I must visit! I just have to wait for my 3 yo DD to get a little older. I'm thinking 8 is good, then my oldest will be 14. I should go start planning ;-)

Kevin, I would be happy to set up a "Travel the World and see Disney" fund for you to go to the other "Kingdoms" around the world. :thumbsup2

I'm willing to take one for the team and head out to Tokyo and Paris.

It's just the kind of guy I am. I'm a "giver". :lmao:

I am going to Paris in 1 month and 22 days!!! :dance3:

But then again i haven't been to WDW in 3 years now :(

I am MORE than happy to be your tour guide for DLRP Kevin! :goodvibes

I visited Tokyo Disney in 2003 and it's amazing what Disney can do with a lot of money. Those parks are so beautiful. "Journey to the Center of the Earth" has got to be one of the best attractions anywhere.

Maybe an extra-wealthy Podcast listener can step up to the plate here...

We would all be so grateful! :worship:

And wouldn't you be surprised to hear that Bill Gates is an avid listener?

I would sooooo love to go to Tokyo Disney Sea. The other parks....ummmm, not so much.

I was lucky enough to be "in the area" in January and to swing by Tokyo Disney Resort for a few days. The first thing I did when I got home was to book a return trip, which I'm just back from. And now I am forcing myself to keep from booking a third trip this year.

In all honesty, I now have no desire to return to WDW. Tokyo Disney is the Disney that I grew up on, the way things used to - and should - be. For the first time in a long, long while I actually felt like a guest in a Disney park, not just a paying customer.

The parks are beyond stunning. The standards in all areas are immeasurably higher than what Disneyland Anaheim and WDW offer (and ticket prices are lower even at current exchange rates). DisneySea is breathtaking and a true unique experience - a theme park aimed at adults that instills within you with a childlike sense of wonder and joy. You do not know the meaning of "themeing" until you stroll through the streets of the American Waterfront or explore Captain Nemo's volcano lair. You feel as if you have stepped into an alternate reality, one that had only existed in pure imagination. The Hotel Mira Costa and the Disneyland Hotel put the shame to the Grand Floridian in everything from decor to service (and at lower prices as well).

Kevin, I implore you to get a trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort. This is the Disney from back in Walt's time. It is the Disney that was creative, a Disney where the parks were the show - not just a platform for pushing whatever franchise the company is hocking at the moment. For those of us who are mocked for trying to relive the "old days" or refusing to see the "magic" of the present - this is what we've been yearning for.

I was lucky enough to be "in the area" in January and to swing by Tokyo Disney Resort for a few days. The first thing I did when I got home was to book a return trip, which I'm just back from. And now I am forcing myself to keep from booking a third trip this year.

In all honesty, I now have no desire to return to WDW. Tokyo Disney is the Disney that I grew up on, the way things used to - and should - be. For the first time in a long, long while I actually felt like a guest in a Disney park, not just a paying customer.

The parks are beyond stunning. The standards in all areas are immeasurably higher than what Disneyland Anaheim and WDW offer (and ticket prices are lower even at current exchange rates). DisneySea is breathtaking and a true unique experience - a theme park aimed at adults that instills within you with a childlike sense of wonder and joy. You do not know the meaning of "themeing" until you stroll through the streets of the American Waterfront or explore Captain Nemo's volcano lair. You feel as if you have stepped into an alternate reality, one that had only existed in pure imagination. The Hotel Mira Costa and the Disneyland Hotel put the shame to the Grand Floridian in everything from decor to service (and at lower prices as well).

Kevin, I implore you to get a trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort. This is the Disney from back in Walt's time. It is the Disney that was creative, a Disney where the parks were the show - not just a platform for pushing whatever franchise the company is hocking at the moment. For those of us who are mocked for trying to relive the "old days" or refusing to see the "magic" of the present - this is what we've been yearning for.

nice post!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!