Tours are back!

Thanks so much for sharing. I was just looking at this yesterday and didn't see it. Exciting.

I know no one has been on this tour, but given that it seems fairly similar to the previous in Walt's Footsteps tour, anyone know how it might go over for an 11-year-old kid? He loves anything VIP and getting special lanyards, but I don't know if he'd have the attention span for 90 minutes.

Thank you! I loved the Holiday Tour. $110 is sure a lot more than I used to spend on it, and you got to go on 3 rides (HMH, RR, and IASW). Now it's just IASWH. I'm still considering it, but I've heard it all numerous times so I'd mainly do it for the parade seating, goodies + pin (if they still do the pins).

Last edited:

My understanding is that the new Walt tour does not include rides, but does include the visit to his apartment and refreshments on the apartments patio. For me, not sure we’ll do that one. We’ve been in walts apartment before so that’s not much of a draw to spend $160/pp. I loved walk in Walts footsteps so much but this seems a shorter version with less to offer imo. But if you’ve never done the old walts, seeing the apartment is really neat.

The holiday tour on the other hand, we will probably do! Love the seating for the parade, gingerbread and cocoa, etc.

When I tell you I saw this post and then clicked over SO FAST ...... but Holiday Tour dates are only available until the 2nd right now. :sad1: *sad trombone noises - whomp whomp*

Oh thanks for the heads up !

I have done the Walk in Walt's Footseps YEARS ago and have been eagerly awaiting the return. Since I'm going to be at DLR next week anyway decided to book the tour for Friday at 2pm.

I am one of those that tries to experience new offerings even at a higher price point so I can share with others. I've never done the holiday tour but will check back as I'll be down there mid month before my Inspire key blackout dates hit.

I really do regret only doing the Halloween Haunts tour but will say the one year we did it we had "Master Gracy" join us and it was PHENOMENAL.

For those that have done the Holiday tour - where is the parade seating? Are there actual seats? We booked it for Thanksgiving so hoping it's worth it!

My family did the holiday tour several years ago and loved it! Yes, there is special seating for the parade which made it worth it for us.

Thanks so much for sharing. I was just looking at this yesterday and didn't see it. Exciting.

I know no one has been on this tour, but given that it seems fairly similar to the previous in Walt's Footsteps tour, anyone know how it might go over for an 11-year-old kid? He loves anything VIP and getting special lanyards, but I don't know if he'd have the attention span for 90 minutes.

Let me start by saying I'm the mom of 3, grandma of 5, and worked for 20 years in family practice and pediatric medicine. My life centers around kids and that's the way I like it, so my next paragraph isn't coming from a place of not being a "kid person."

Several years ago (2018?) I went on a WIWF tour that had a family with 3 kids; one was maybe 8 or 9, one was pre-teen (11?), and one was maybe 14. Their mom repeated a million times how they (the kids specifically) "love" specialty tours, are "so interested" in Walt-related history, "adore" any VIP experiences, and how they "couldn't wait" to do the tour. Maybe it was Opposites Day, because those kids who were "so excited" spent those 3 hours whining, complaining, lolly-gagging and sometimes completely walking away from the tour group. I just couldn't help but think the parent's paid $550 to drag their kids around the parks just to say that they've done the tour, and impacted the enjoyment of the other people in the group who couldn't get away from all the belly-aching. I get it-- everyone has bad days, and family vacations mean having to sometimes do something that you might not be thrilled about...

When my youngest Disney-loving daughter was 11yo, she would have been "meh" about it. My oldest grandson is now 11; he's on the high-functioning end of the spectrum and loves learning about historical stories from the 40s/50s. I think he would have been minimally interested. Like he'd behave because he's a people-pleaser, and he would have liked learning about the history of the rides and how Walt built the park, but would have been annoyed at the stopping every 5 minutes for the stories.

Since the Main Street Tour won't have rides, make sure to factor that into your decision.

I've been waiting to see this go live! It's been fun to see the GS CM's practicing the new tour spiels. I'm very happy for them. They all really do an amazing job with delivering a great show during their tour presentations. We'll be booking both before the end of the year, as something special to do during the Holidays.

Thank you! I loved the Holiday Tour. $110 is sure a lot more than I used to spend on it, and you got to go on 3 rides (HMH, RR, and IASW). Now it's just IASWH. I'm still considering it, but I've heard it all numerous times so I'd mainly do it for the parade seating, goodies + pin (if they still do the pins).
In the past I would have done the holiday tour, but no more. The ridiculous price plus the loss of two attractions are deal killers for me. It's just not worth the price now.

In the past I would have done the holiday tour, but no more. The ridiculous price plus the loss of two attractions are deal killers for me. It's just not worth the price now.
This is the new Disney way. Pay more for less. But people are paying in droves for all the other offerings that offer less for more. So this will continue to be the way. 🤷‍♀️

It really will depend on the kid

We are from Australia and my youngest and I did WIWF tour in 2017. He was 11.5yrs. It was September so it was pretty warm too. He really liked it and I don't think he was bored with it on the most part. Perhaps a couple of times when there was an extended period of talking / information but on the whole he seemed to like it. He really liked seeing Walt's Apartment which was one of the main attractions for us.
On the other hand, this is not something that would have interested his brother who is 2.5yrs older.

My youngest and I are the Disney fanatics in the family (well, he was - he grew up during the pandemic and now at 16.5yrs is not the same 'sweet' boy I travelled with a lot since a baby - still see glimpses of sweet but has definitely grown into a teenage boy!)

He was the same - really likes that sort of thing - VIP, special lanyards etc.. He also likes doing things like the ships tour when we go away on Royal Caribbean cruises etc.. which would only minimally interest his brother.

All that being said, I don't know whether I would do the current offering. I thought it was pretty good value when we did it including the lunch and pin. We enjoyed the tour aspect around the park but the main drawcard was the apartment for us.

YMMV

Booked the holiday tour! We did WIWF on our previous trip in 2018. We are of the belief that if something special is offered during the 4 days we happen to be in a Disney park, we should try to experience it!

Oh thanks for the heads up !

I have done the Walk in Walt's Footseps YEARS ago and have been eagerly awaiting the return. Since I'm going to be at DLR next week anyway decided to book the tour for Friday at 2pm.

I am one of those that tries to experience new offerings even at a higher price point so I can share with others. I've never done the holiday tour but will check back as I'll be down there mid month before my Inspire key blackout dates hit.

I really do regret only doing the Halloween Haunts tour but will say the one year we did it we had "Master Gracy" join us and it was PHENOMENAL.
Looking forward to your tour reviews!

I came across these yesterday on my lunch break, so I booked Walt's Main Street Story. Don't know if I'll regret it or not, and the price had me hesitate, but I took the plunge anyway. Spoke with a local friend, and she said that if it includes the apartment, that we should definitely do it. So, that made me feel better.

Walt's Main Street Tour -- $160, no discounts, apparently no rides, and only 90 minutes. Seems like a rip off, unless there is a lot more to this that they are not including in the description.

The holiday tour seems better in comparison.

I am hoping the Grand Circle Tour comes back. I loved Walking in Walt's Footsteps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!