Tours are back!

Walt's Main Street Tour -- $160, no discounts, apparently no rides, and only 90 minutes. Seems like a rip off, unless there is a lot more to this that they are not including in the description.

Yeah, the price is what gave me pause, but my friend told me to do it because of the apartment visit. Additionally, our next trip will be to FL for WDW, so want to get this one under our belts, per se.

Yeah, the price is what gave me pause, but my friend told me to do it because of the apartment visit. Additionally, our next trip will be to FL for WDW, so want to get this one under our belts, per se.
If I had never been to the apartment before, I can see the value. But having done the previous tour and seeing the apartment in the past, this iteration doesn’t feel worth it to me. Nonetheless I hope you love it! The apartment is really really neat to see! And I’m sure sitting on the patio will be a cool experience!

$160. 90 minutes and a treat of some sort on the balcony. $1.78 per minute.

$160. 2 spirit jerseys or 26 Dole whips or 10 corndog meals or 6+ bubble wands or dinner for 3 at Blue Bayou or... or... or...

It's difficult for me to figure out where my Am-I-Cheap meter moves from acceptable to unacceptable, hahaha!

Does it include Walt's apartment? Kids have all been in 21 Royal. I'd plunk it down if it included the apartment.

Does it include Walt's apartment? Kids have all been in 21 Royal. I'd plunk it down if it included the apartment.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disneyland/walts-main-street-story-tour/
It specifically lists the apartment.

I agree with a previous poster. I do think if you have never seen the apartment before, it is probably worth it, if that interests you. If you have seen the apartment (I have been inside twice), I don't think the rest on offer would be worth the price.

If I had never been to the apartment before, I can see the value.

Never seen it before. I grew up in FL in the 70s and 80s....a WDW veteran and have been doing to DL since 2013 every year. This will be the first time to see the apartment, which is why my CA friend said I should do it. Our next trip will be back to WDW next year. Though with the new announcement about the 100 Anniversary celebrations, that may just change.

But yes, I agree. If I had seen the apartment before, there's no way I'd pay to do this tour.

It does include a visit to Walt's apartment along with being able to enjoy refreshments on the patio! I just booked for our quick trip at the end of the month!

It does include a visit to Walt's apartment along with being able to enjoy refreshments on the patio! I just booked for our quick trip at the end of the month!
If the patio above town square in included that would be an extra plus for us. We shall only be 3 but I've done Walts apartment before.

If the patio above town square in included that would be an extra plus for us. We shall only be 3 but I've done Walts apartment before
From the webpage... "It all culminates with a visit to Walt’s apartment high above the Disneyland Fire Station in Town Square where Guests will have the chance to enjoy refreshments on the patio—for the first time ever!"
This is what sealed the deal for me. The Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour was something we were always going to do *someday*, so wasn't going to pass on this one even though it's pricey! Also went ahead and booked the Holiday tour for our 21 Royal weekend in November.

I've seen Walt's apartment many times. Worked at Dland and I still think it's worth it. It's nice to have that open again for guests to enjoy. This tour continues Walt’s legacy of storytelling.
If the patio above town square in included that would be an extra plus for us. We shall only be 3 but I've done Walts apartment before.
Yes, it includes the patio. You’ll have 30 mins out there with refreshments and a chance to chat and ask questions of the guide.

I'm trying to picture where the patio is located. Found a picture online that appears to show the patio and it looks like it is at ground level - so when looking directly at the fire station / Walt's apartment I'm guessing it would be to the left of the building?
We toured the apartment in 2017 but can't remember seeing a patio (I know it wasn't on the tour) anywhere but it's been a while so perhaps saw it and don't remember.

$160. 90 minutes and a treat of some sort on the balcony. $1.78 per minute.

$160. 2 spirit jerseys or 26 Dole whips or 10 corndog meals or 6+ bubble wands or dinner for 3 at Blue Bayou or... or... or...

It's difficult for me to figure out where my Am-I-Cheap meter moves from acceptable to unacceptable, hahaha!

I don't see that as being cheap. I see that as how do you allocate the vacation budget, because very few people can spend whatever they want with no limit. Most people have a rough number for the vacation budget and it's deciding where to spend the money (hotel, park tickets, meals/snacks, souvenirs, extra experiences).

First of all - thank you SO much to the OP and to Disboards for getting news like this out so quickly. Before most anyone else.

It was a blessing and a curse though. I got so excited and struck with FOMO that, as soon as I saw the post yesterday, I went online and booked both tours for our upcoming November 13th trip. I've been plagued by buyer's remorse ever since though so, I've just cancelled both. I'll be losing money due to exchange rate and CC charges but, I'd rather pay $40-50 Canadian exchange charges than the $1,400 it was going to cost me for three of us for those 4 hours of tour time.

I missed out on my dream tour, Walk in Walt's Footsteps (I was going to book it for our December 2020 visit...we know what happened there), we've alredy been on the full Holiday Tour a few years back - it was wonderful - so, the value just wasn't there after a bit of thought. If only it weren't so expensive. I know, I know, Disneyland is and, I don't begrudge one red cent I spend flying there, staying there and shopping/dining there. I just had to draw the line somewhere and I guess these tours, especially the 90-minute mini-Walk at $160US PP were the line in the sand.

Last edited:
I'm trying to picture where the patio is located. Found a picture online that appears to show the patio and it looks like it is at ground level - so when looking directly at the fire station / Walt's apartment I'm guessing it would be to the left of the building?
We toured the apartment in 2017 but can't remember seeing a patio (I know it wasn't on the tour) anywhere but it's been a while so perhaps saw it and don't remember.
Looking at the front of the Fire Station with Walt's apartment above, it's on the second level to the left. It's behind the lattice.

For those who have done the holiday tour, how would kids do on that one? (Ages 6 and 9, big Disneyland fans. Visit every year at least once)

If you toured the apartment, when you viewed the bathroom, if you had turned around, there would be a door behind you that went to the patio.

we went on the patio the first time we were there. It does have a pretty unique view of main street and is pretty cool. We didn't have snacks though there :)

Husband called to schedule the Holiday Tour with our Chase discount only to be told they are not honoring Chase discounts. :sad1:

Disneyland is becoming unaffordable for most families.

I had the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour booked for March of 2020, all paid for.
COVID hit and I got reimbursed. I would gladly have paid the U$ 110.00 for the same tour in September, when we went, but the tours weren't running then.
But U$ 160.00 for half the time, no rides and no lunch, I find a rip-off.
Unfortunately for us (and fortunately for Disney), some people will pay that and even more, so they will keep raising prices more and more....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter