Touring Plans subscription?

My pleasure. Enjoy your trip!
I did look at historical crowds and the numbers were a lot lower for 2016 and 2015, so hopefully more in line with those crowds.
I hope so too, We knew August was a roll of the dice; seems like it almost always is now. But hopeful that fate will smile.

thanks Again =-)

HI ShaunaM,

Not sure how accurate it is, but thought I'd let you know that I got a TouringPlan crowd update which is MUCH better. So new numbers:

• Sat Aug 26: DL=6, DCA=5
  • Sun Aug 27: DL=3, DCA=5
  • Mon Aug 28: DL=2, DCA=3
  • Tues Aug 29: DL=2, DCA=2
  • Wed Aug 30: DL=1, DCA=2
  • Thurs Aug 31: DL=1, DCA=2
The huge jump twice makes me wonder, but I'll pick these numbers. (We're coming Aug 29-Sept 1 so overlap with your dates)

I'll be in DL Aug 29 - sept 2. I also have touring plans and thought the crowd increase might be because of the races that weekend? But like the last poster I just got the update that predictions are back down. Yay! Last time I was there was Christmas 201 so for me anything less than a 10 would be an improvement! :).

I'll be in DL Aug 29 - sept 2. I also have touring plans and thought the crowd increase might be because of the races that weekend? But like the last poster I just got the update that predictions are back down. Yay! Last time I was there was Christmas 201 so for me anything less than a 10 would be an improvement! :).

Yeah...its our first trip to DL so can't comment on crowds from experience, but I keep hearing how it'll get busier labour day weekend. We'll be there the Friday and am prepared (mentally). So true...maybe they thought the crowds would increase leading up to the race (starting weekend before back to the OPs date) but then changed their minds. Strange. Anyways..as you say, it'll definitely be better for you than Christmas.

We got a RideMax subscription (the 3 month one) before our trip in June. It was our first trip to DLR, so we thought it might help us at least navigate until we got the lay of the land. We didn't end up using it at all in the parks. I'm not saying it's good or bad, we just ended up figuring things out and going with the flow.

That said, the one thing I found extremely helpful was playing around with it prior to our trip. I did a couple of plans with all the rides we wanted to ride, just to see what it would do. I found with those plans that the tips were worth the $15 we spent on the app. Little things like where the FP distribution points were useful and helped us do a little less aimless wandering when we got there.

I'm not sure I'd spend the money on it again, now that we've been there. But if it was my first trip to DLR, I think it's worth the money for the tips alone. It also gives you something to do in those last few weeks leading up to the trip, when you've pretty much planned everything out. :)

HI ShaunaM,

Not sure how accurate it is, but thought I'd let you know that I got a TouringPlan crowd update which is MUCH better. So new numbers:

• Sat Aug 26: DL=6, DCA=5
  • Sun Aug 27: DL=3, DCA=5
  • Mon Aug 28: DL=2, DCA=3
  • Tues Aug 29: DL=2, DCA=2
  • Wed Aug 30: DL=1, DCA=2
  • Thurs Aug 31: DL=1, DCA=2
The huge jump twice makes me wonder, but I'll pick these numbers. (We're coming Aug 29-Sept 1 so overlap with your dates)
Just saw this, please , please , please let the universe be sprinkling abundant Pixie dust; those numbers would be so awesome! Thank you for posting updates =-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter