Touring Plans subscription?

ShaunaM

DIS Veteran
Dos anyone have one? Trip dates are August 26 - August 31. Five days in the park and one off, we had thought because of the Walk that Sunday would be the off day. Just firming up ADR's and wanted to take another look at crowd possibilities. Any other crowd predictors anyone likes?
Thanks

I've had a TP subscription for the last two years (let it lapse recently). It's cheap if you have the latest edition of the Unofficial Guide (a little more than $5, I think), but it's not really helpful for crowd predictions. It's not terribly accurate, and building the touring plans isn't as useful at DL as it is at WDW.

We have been that week in the past and it was fine. We are in the parks now -- I have subscriptions to both touring plans and ridemax. I have to say that touring plans was much better for giving accurate information for touring the parks by creating a custom schedule than ride max. Ridemax really does not do well with early entry especially.

We have been that week in the past and it was fine. We are in the parks now -- I have subscriptions to both touring plans and ridemax. I have to say that touring plans was much better for giving accurate information for touring the parks by creating a custom schedule than ride max. Ridemax really does not do well with early entry especially.
Thanks Ridemax was the name that was escaping me. our dates are set I was largely looking to guess-timate which day to stay out of the parks, I know they can be inaccurate but it is better than me throwing a dart at the calendar. Enjoy your visit.

I have a subscription, however, I e-mailed them because the numbers seemed way off. They responded and basically said, "we agree, they're wrong, we need to update them." But they haven't updated yet, so they're pointless.

Personally, I'm expecting Sunday to be the busiest, with the walk plus first weekend day since the new Fantasmic that the lowest tier passholders are unblocked.

Also note that Saturday the 26th and Sunday the 27th are your only 2 options for Fireworks and Fantasmic, they are not showing the 28th through 31st. However, attendance will likely be lighter those weekdays because of that, at least during the hours passholders are at work/school.

I have a subscription, however, I e-mailed them because the numbers seemed way off. They responded and basically said, "we agree, they're wrong, we need to update them." But they haven't updated yet, so they're pointless.

Personally, I'm expecting Sunday to be the busiest, with the walk plus first weekend day since the new Fantasmic that the lowest tier passholders are unblocked.

Also note that Saturday the 26th and Sunday the 27th are your only 2 options for Fireworks and Fantasmic, they are not showing the 28th through 31st. However, attendance will likely be lighter those weekdays because of that, at least during the hours passholders are at work/school.
thanks
We made reservations for a Fantasmic Dinner reservation for the Saturday so as long as it does not get cancelled that will be the night and we will skip going Sunday. If it gets cancelled we will have to revisit. If they do update numbers and your able to share I would sincerely appreciate it .
Thanks

I have touring plans for that time (we're coming around the same) and can report numbers later (I'm on my phone now and easier to look at computer). I can tell you though that it's strange. For the 29th to around 30, the says were marked at 2s and 3s and then a few weeks ago jumped to 8s and 9s at Disneyland. No idea why such a big jump? Makes me think not super accurate.

I have touring plans for that time (we're coming around the same) and can report numbers later (I'm on my phone now and easier to look at computer). I can tell you though that it's strange. For the 29th to around 30, the says were marked at 2s and 3s and then a few weeks ago jumped to 8s and 9s at Disneyland. No idea why such a big jump? Makes me think not super accurate.
That would be awesome! Thanks I would really appreciate it, lets hope the accuracy errs to the low side.

I think they're adjusting for the return of socal APs and demand to see fantasmic. I'm not sure it's going to be as huge as they predict based on what they've been predicting all summer. They've predicted high crowds for months and the days end up being much less. We were there last week on a "10" day and it only ended up being a 6. So while it may not be 2-3 days, I'm not sure it's going to be as high as 8-9 either. The fastpass changes has helped a lot IMO.

For the OP, I think Saturday F! and sunday off is a great choice.

I have ridemax and touring plans. I regret buying ridemax. It doesn't seem up to date. There is no MM option which is so frustrating because that is when we will get most of our rides done. It takes a lot of work to get a plan that actually works for you. Plus your subscription is only for 90 days. Rip off.

Touring plans isn't accurate at all anymore. At all. But, I like looking at the historical crowds and the app is nice. Also, the touring plans give me a good general idea of what order I want to ride in. Your subscription is for the whole year, so I feel the price is still worth what you get.

I think they're adjusting for the return of socal APs and demand to see fantasmic. I'm not sure it's going to be as huge as they predict based on what they've been predicting all summer. They've predicted high crowds for months and the days end up being much less. We were there last week on a "10" day and it only ended up being a 6. So while it may not be 2-3 days, I'm not sure it's going to be as high as 8-9 either. The fastpass changes has helped a lot IMO.

For the OP, I think Saturday F! and sunday off is a great choice.

Still trying to figure out the huge jump. That's a good theory about Fantasmic except that starting that week, Fantasmic is only playing on the Fri, Sat Sun (i.e. so not the days that went up at DL). But yes...AP are no longer blocked.

Still trying to figure out the huge jump. That's a good theory about Fantasmic except that starting that week, Fantasmic is only playing on the Fri, Sat Sun (i.e. so not the days that went up at DL). But yes...AP are no longer blocked.

The whole day won't be that busy, just after school and work gets out. The morning will still be relatively quiet. I'm guessing the afternoon and evening will be pretty crazy. Many AP holders that will have their blocks lifted still haven't rode the railroad since it has been opened along with seeing the Rivers of America changes! So that first weekend will be busy with AP holders seeing F! but the weekdays will be busier especially at the train and ROA.

Ok...so I'm checking Touring plans and here is what theyhave for Aug 26 - 31:

• Sat Aug 26: DL=10, DCA=5
  • Sun Aug 27: DL=9, DCA=5
  • Mon Aug 28: DL=8, DCA=3
  • Tues Aug 29: DL=8, DCA=2
  • Wed Aug 30: DL=6, DCA=2
  • Thurs Aug 31: DL=6. DCA=2
And as noted, a few months ago, it had Aug 28-31 all 1s and 2s for crowd so not sure why the sudden big jump....and also not sure why DL has such a larger crowd than DCA.

Always expect huge crowds and if they are low that's a positive.

End of August first week of September used to have low crowds. Now its a bit of hit and miss because Disney realized this and ...
Now there is a marathon which brings the crowds.

I found their app for Universal Orlando very helpful and accurate, but seems as those the general consensus is the California park apps aren't that useful.

Ok...so I'm checking Touring plans and here is what theyhave for Aug 26 - 31:

• Sat Aug 26: DL=10, DCA=5
  • Sun Aug 27: DL=9, DCA=5
  • Mon Aug 28: DL=8, DCA=3
  • Tues Aug 29: DL=8, DCA=2
  • Wed Aug 30: DL=6, DCA=2
  • Thurs Aug 31: DL=6. DCA=2
And as noted, a few months ago, it had Aug 28-31 all 1s and 2s for crowd so not sure why the sudden big jump....and also not sure why DL has such a larger crowd than DCA.
Thank you for posting this..I am the OP. I appreciate your taking the time to do it. Fingers crossed. ...

My pleasure. Enjoy your trip!
I did look at historical crowds and the numbers were a lot lower for 2016 and 2015, so hopefully more in line with those crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts