• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans Room Request

kddlm

DIS Veteran
How many have tried requesting a specific room using the fax request form through Touring Plans? Just curious of chances. I tried it for the first time for our upcoming April trip. Staying at SSR.

IMO requesting a specific room is setting yourself up for disappointment. What are the odds of your room being vacated on your check in day? In addition if the room isn't available how does the room assigner know what to give you? Also, not all room assigners will look at faxes. Some are known to ignore them.

:earsboy: Bill

I had already put some basic requests in through member services, but then thought I would just give the TP request thing a shot after seeing the misc. room views. Will not be disappointed if unable to be granted, as any room in Dis is better than being at home :yay:! Just curious how others have made out using this.

I had great luck at BLT, though with TP the default wording of the fax is more generic (ex. room 5737,5739,5741... e/w facing).At BLT I got almost the exact room that I was looking at, just a few floors higher. It may have helped that I added in the comments box exactly why I was requesting the room (high floor, fireworks view).
Now AKL was a different story, made requests through TP on two different occasions once for Jambo and once for Kidani, for essentially the same view (partial savannah view) and didn't get it either time. Once got a pool view and once a parking lot view on the 1st floor at Kidani, so essentially I could read the vehicles license plates)
Is it luck of the draw, or does BLT actually look at the fax and AKL tosses it in the circular file unread? I don't know, but my thought process is that requests are never guaranteed and it can't hurt to ask!

Last edited:

It works sometimes, not others. I put the same request on my res as well. We spend a lot of time at our resorts so room location is a big deal to me. I never expect the exact request like floor/view, but hope for the area I am requesting.

i would strongly suggest calling a week ahead directly to the resort. We have always had luck at both SSR and OKW when I have done this. We stopped at SSR on our last trip to check on next years trip with two new grandsons and families and were told to call because that goes directly to the back room where they assign rooms and atleast at SSR they pay attention. I have always found the resort phone number on this website or on my reservation. Good luck

I'd say I get the request (not exact room but close) about 60% of the time. SSR has been the worst, BLT is usually close. When I stayed at VGF I got the idea that they ignored room requests but that may have just been that person on that day.

I'm trying it as well for my upcoming April trip to BWV. I'll report back how well it worked out. Because i am there for a conference at Swan and Dolphin I am guessing that the request i am making is probably opposite of what most people want. I want near S& D and high floor. We shall see what i get. I figure it can't hurt anything and at least gives better details of what type of room we want. I added in that i don't want to see the creepy clown!!

How many have tried requesting a specific room using the fax request form through Touring Plans? Just curious of chances. I tried it for the first time for our upcoming April trip. Staying at SSR.

Just reporting back about the use of touring plans for my BWV trip. I requested to be in the section closest to the S&D, high floor (5th) so we could see fireworks and noted i did not want a view of the creepy clown pool. So what we got for our room ready text was first floor, side view of the creepy clown. I really did not want the first floor because the patio is just not inviting to sit out on when there are people at the pool. I ended up going to the front desk and the CM was able to move us up to the 5th floor, not the section we wanted but at least higher up.

So i would say that this time the touring plans room request was a fail, not even close to what we wanted. I know a request is only that. I wonder why they wait until 5 day before arrival to send the fax. Does disney really wait until a few days before to set room assignments? We were there at a busy time so i didn't really expect to get what we requested.

Many years ago, Member Services requested via the member newsletter/magazine that for DVC Stays to not fax room requests, and basically said they would not be considered. That ALL room requests should go through DVC Member Services, and were not guaranteed but would be noted on the reservation.

Any requests outside the online check in are a major risk that no one will see or act on them. Last year I was at OKW on a cash booking. Put in a large selection of room blocks we'd be happy with, were on my invoice but never got passed to the hotel. So we were down as no requests at all and we got just about worst room on property. OKW management told me in future to ring the hotel direct passing the generic number, but people on here have said that is not possible, albeit I note a poster below says he had great success with that.
I'm now tempted to just decide the number 1 room request (high floor, close to lobby etc) and just select that one thing on online check in from now on.

For BWV: I tried TP request once. OK result. Other than that, I have only asked Member Services to note my requests and nearly always received something close. (I just request very general things and no more than 2). When I didn't get my requests (I'd say that was about 30% of the time), the room was just fine, anyway. IMO, there's always something to love about the location.

FWIW, no matter how you put in your requests for BWV, I've found it's pretty much just luck. AFAIK, they pre-assign almost everything there and there isn't much room to change things around at check-in.

Except for HA & medical requests, I'm pretty much of the opinion that "you get what you get and you don't complain".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter