Toughest resort at 7 months

Not sure why BWV or BCV being a century old matters. They can easy gut hallways and rooms to give it a new look. Zero reason to tear down the whole building unless there is some huge structural issue going on and even then it's likely a retrofit to bring it up to code rather than leveling the resort.

The toughest resort to get into at 7 months seems to be Copper Creek, it is at least in 1 beds and even worse studios. This is followed probably by BLT. I’m not talking about specific room categories here. Animal Kingdom- you can get into that 1 beds no issue at 7 months every day of the year. Boardwalk is also pretty easy (pool/ garden).

Thanks for all the replies.
I have since found that very link which has been more than helpful with regards to planning and research prior to buying in.

All that’s left now is to come over in May next year with the kids to let them get a feel for the resorts before making a final decision. I do question why we hadn’t considered DVC years ago ..... oh well better late than never:)

Cheers guys.....and gals

My guess is they will just continue to rent them out as hotels and not as timeshares. Then begin renovations on a portion at a time to resell the resort at a later date. Possibly even retheme the resort as they renovate.
I totally agree that they will rent them out as hotel rooms and do a total gut and renovation one resort at a time and you better believe the points needed will also go up. No way are they going to offer any extensions since it failed tremendously at OKW.

Last edited:

As I have also said, though, I think the average user who likes F&W may consider F&G, but points drops in August won't make a trip into Satan's flop sweat more attractive.
This is likely true...but the same people that already go might add a day to their trip now.

As I have also said, though, I think the average user who likes F&W may consider F&G, but points drops in August won't make a trip into Satan's flop sweat more attractive.
That's what I hope, so I can continue to go in early September and enjoy the lowest point charts, plenty of availability at 7 months, low crowds and ehm ok, hurricanes.

This is likely true...but the same people that already go might add a day to their trip now.

the mild point increase for October/November may make some people reduce by a day. Across 7 weeks, that "creates" a potential week of availability. So it does shift stuff a little.

I think it actually will. I think a lot more people book with the goal to get the most nights possible than you think. I think this is especially true for families with school age children. Now that the relatively cheap school break weeks are increasing These weeks in August will now fill up more than you think.

I think it actually will. I think a lot more people book with the goal to get the most nights possible than you think. I think this is especially true for families with school age children. Now that the relatively cheap school break weeks are increasing These weeks in August will now fill up more than you think.
I think it would. However, I don't think the change was big enough (atleast this year) to drive more traffic to summer. I believe my average summer 10 day trip has gone down by something like 5-7 points per year.

the mild point increase for October/November may make some people reduce by a day. Across 7 weeks, that "creates" a potential week of availability. So it does shift stuff a little.
You seem wholly unconvinced of the value of reallocating across the season. If you acknowledge that mid-Sep through marathon weekend is crazy town, while summer/other times are much more available, what do you see as a viable change to affect demand/supply challenges during the “Fall Frenzy” period?

You seem wholly unconvinced of the value of reallocating across the season. If you acknowledge that mid-Sep through marathon weekend is crazy town, while summer/other times are much more available, what do you see as a viable change to affect demand/supply challenges during the “Fall Frenzy” period?
I think 2021 charts are a first step. To really make some of the year attractive needs to go lower but they can't do it too fast. Early December is still too low, for instance.

I think 2021 charts are a first step. To really make some of the year attractive needs to go lower but they can't do it too fast. Early December is still too low, for instance.
Yeah, early December ran up against the 20% limit so I’m sure we’ll see more movement there. I was getting the sense you didn’t see the reallocation having any effect at all and that there should be another approach explored. If it’s just a matter of degrees, I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of the same next year

Yeah, early December ran up against the 20% limit so I’m sure we’ll see more movement there. I was getting the sense you didn’t see the reallocation having any effect at all and that there should be another approach explored. If it’s just a matter of degrees, I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of the same next year
I don't think it has a lot of effect in 2021, but because of the 20% limit it has to be incremental. We are definitely already seeing/hearing people lamenting losing a day or two in fall. Across 7 weeks, if a bunch of people 'lose' days, a week opens up, basically. So that is something.

But the fall events (party season, decent weather once hurricanes pass, F&W, runDisney) will take a more extreme reallocation to have summer become similarly attractive. I think a lot of people would argue that a few more points for November is preferable to August. Summer is unlikely to pick up much in the way of events, because it is not a good time for things like runDisney, heavy eating, incitement to drink, dressing up, etc. Summer will have to be pretty cheap to compete. And that's a multi-year progression.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter