ToT rope drop since the refurb

mdurigan

Earning My Ears
Our plan is to skip SDD altogether and rope drop ToT since I've seen insane lines for it since the refurb. Has anyone done this and can tell me how bad the lines were at rope drop?

In May, we did TSMM, then AS2 followed by ToT at RD. The line was only about 10 minutes. By the time we got off, it was 20. then we went to RnRC with a 10 minute wait. When we got off the ride, ToT was 60 minutes. At least at that time, ti wasn't bad at RD, but built quickly after about 30 minutes.

Sister and her family are at The World now. They went to HWS on Sunday (when there were EMH) and went on ToT during that time and waited not even 10 minutes. When they came out around normal opening time, the wait was already 2 hours.

We’re going in a few weeks and wondering the same.

We usually RD TSM and just watch the wait times for TOT and can usually get on a few times. But that was before refurb.

Watching the app this morning the wait time for TOT was up to 90 minutes within 10 minutes after the park was open. We have a FP for it but TOT is our favorite and I’m toying with attempting RD too.

But, for us anything over 40 minutes is too long for any attraction and I just don’t want to waste the time hoofing it to TOT at RD, finding an enormous line then dashing to TSM and waiting 30 minutes, when if we’d gone straight to TSM and would have only waited 10 minutes.

Such decisions! Most likely we’ll roll the dice and attempt RD for TOT

This one is messing me up too! We have always RDed TSMM but were planning to go straight to RnRC this go-round. With the ToT refurb producing longer than normal waits and limited FP availability, I'm thinking we will go there first then over to RnRC second. Disappointing for me though. I can't ride RnRC anymore and was looking forward to a leisurely stroll down Sunset Blvd, latte in hand, while all my guys were riding. Oh well. Maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter