Top 10 Questions Newbies Ask

JohnNJ

Mouseketeer
I'll be posting this same question on the other boards.

If you're a visitor to the DIS boards you're, most likely, better versed in the planning and execution of a WDW vacation that the average individual. You may be the person that people come to with questions about the hotels or parks when they decide that "Junior" is be ready for that once in a lifetime trip to the World. Little do they know, there can never "be only one".

What are the most asked questions you get from a novice? If you can, include your response to their query. Reach back and try to come up with as many as you can, not necessarily 10. It shouldn't be hard. You must get them often and, if you're like me, you love to talk about Disney with anyone willing to listen.

I'll compile a list of the ones that make the cut and post it here.

Thanks, John

It's so expensive, how can you afford to go each year?

...Of course by using disboards and mousesavers!

2.Do you get to see it all in 3 days?? :rolleyes:

3.Why do you pay more to stay inside Disney(onsite)?? Followed by how someone told them that they can get this great "hotel" for $29 next to Disney,which ends up being a Day's Inn on 192.

#1 .You are going back again??? Some people have either never been or went when they were kids and cannot understand why we go so often.I tell them Disney is my happy place :p !!!!

If I am staying at the All Stars, can I park at the Contemporary and go to MK? Then after a long day of theme parking, can I take my All Star mug to the CR's Food and Fun Center for a free refill?

A: NO

:D

Is the park with the rides Disney World?
(Newbies think only Magic Kingdom is considered Disney World.)

What is Epcot, MGM and Animal Kingdom? Are they all near each other? Can you walk from park to park?

The one I see most often is:

"Please explain the meal vouchers". LL, I was guilty myself :p

Answer: Check the top of the budget board, there is a whole thread devoted to the meal vouchers!

Q: You can go to Disney World for a whole week? (Our trips usually are about a week long).

A: Yes, but it's hard. I would prefer 2 or 3 weeks at a time!

Until people actually go, I don't think they have any idea how much there is to see and do at WDW. A lot of people seem to think it's like a Six Flags or, in our area, King's Island. :rolleyes:

Q: Why do you want to stay at the Swan/Dolphin if it really isn't Disney?

A: shhhhhh it's our little secret!

Great thread!
Debbie

Common things overheard around Transportation...

While standing underneath the big huge bright orange LED destination sign that says "Magic Kingdom": "Where does this bus go?"

At Epcot: "How do we get back to Disney World?"

In the front cab of the Monorail: "Do you steer?" (This was the number one frequently asked question)

Q. You're going to WDW AGAIN!?? My goodness, didn't you go last year? Don't you get bored?

A. Yup. Yup. Nope.

And, although it really isn't a question....I've found, as others have, that a lot of people think that the Magic Kingdom IS Disney World and aren't quite sure what else there is. Some know of Epcot, but the average non-Disney individual has no clue about AK or the Studios.
My cousins are DVC owners at OKW, and have been for YEARS. They go every year, and almost always ONLY go to MK! In 15 years they have never been to the Studios or AK, and only a couple times to Epcot! Although they SAY they are Disney "experts"....DISers know better.....:)

Q. Is Animal Kingdom just a zoo? Sometimes it's in the form of a statement, "I think I'll just skip AK, it's just a zoo!"

A. No! and The Festival of the Lion King alone is worth the price of admission, IMHO!:D

Me: I'm going to Disney World!!

Newbie: Is that the one in FL or CA??

Here are a couple:

1. What are those bracelets I see people wearing? or, Why are those people staying in the park when its closing time?

Answer: E-Night!

2. Why would anybody want to go back to that place when I spent more time waiting in line than going on rides?

Answer: E-nights, Early Entry, Timing, reading these Boards!

Should I wait till my kids get older?

NO,NO,NO you miss the magic of seeing your 3 year old eyes light up as bright as the Electrical parade

These are the ones I ussually get:

1. WDW? The one in FL or Cal.?
2. A week? What is going to take a whole week?
3. Can't we just walk to Epcot from MK?
4. What do you mean your going on vacation without the kids and your STILL going to WDW?
5. Why would you want to stay at a WDW resort? Look, here's an add for a great hotel with a free shuttle!

My personal favorite(more of a statement than a question): We're going to WDW to see the castle, AK to see the zoo and then Universal to see that ride with Aerosmith!!

I've stopped trying to explain and I just say "have fun!"

OMG, this is a great thread!!

My favorites:

Q) Why would you pay more to stay "inside" Disney? You're never in your room anyway.

A) The magic never ends...you never "leave" Disney at the end of the day to go back to Motel 6. I have a few friends that own timeshares in Orlando (not the DVC) and they are always saying how they are "right outside the gates." My response..."You're still RIGHT OUTSIDE THE GATES."

Q) Is there anything to do there besides go on rides?
A) Then I go into a 10 discussion of everything there is to do.

Truthfully, before I went to Disney World last year, I had been to the Magic Kingdom for one day while on a trip to Florida in High School. I, too, thought that Disney World was an overblown, overpriced, overcrowded Six Flags. Thank God I've seen the light!

:p :p :p :p

jdads2 - you beat me to it.....

Q. You were just there with the kids, why would you go with out them? What will you do?

A. Rides/Attractions that don't intrest a 5 and 6 year old, Jelly rolls, shop, Jellyrolls, Adult Meals, Jellyrolls, Downtown Disney including Pleasure Island, Jellyrolls, Spa @ the Grand Floridian, Jellyrolls, don't make me mention a beautiful hotel room with a beautiful view ALONE with my hubby, oh, and did I mention Jellyrolls? It closes way later than I could leave my kids at the Sandcastle Club!!!

There are plenty of other questions, but this the one that makes me feel like I know some kind of secret that very few have been let in on.

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter