Too serious!

These are digital pictures, and the photographer always takes more than one, so I really don't see the big deal. I really don't care for posed pictures, anyway. We make photopass photographers nuts because we don't like to "assume the pose" when we are in front of their lens. We want to look more natural.

All of our best pictures have been taken when the subject had no idea that someone was about to shoot, and a few of the funniest include someone other than the intended subject. As long as the photobomber isn't being vulgar, I see no harm.

OK - two opposite opinions here. I made the point that the photo could have been retaken in 30 seconds (if not sooner). They are digital and any "interference" can easily be solved by a simple "let's do that one again, shall we?!"

But, an intentional photobomber, no. There's no excuse for that. Not at all. But the OP's husband was not an intentional photobomber. That's just plain rude, in my opinion.

But, an intentional photobomber, no. There's no excuse for that. Not at all. But the OP's husband was not an intentional photobomber. That's just plain rude, in my opinion.

We disagree - that's cool. I have no problem with people who photobomb on purpose if they are just trying to be funny (again - nothing vulgar).

We disagree - that's cool. I have no problem with people who photobomb on purpose if they are just trying to be funny (again - nothing vulgar).

Why is that? Because they are just so darn cute?

Funny is in the eye of the beholder.

I really wish the photo bombing trend would die. It's no longer funny or original. It's one thing if its your own friends and family. But if its a stranger, you'll never see the picture anyway and they won't find it funny at all. You just ruined their memories. Ugh, annoying.

Yet as you can tell here, they apparently matter to others.

Should everyone get upset by this because some do? Should everyone only do things that bother no one? I'm for relaxing and enjoying life, not for letting other people who are only trying to have their own fun ruin mine.

We are in WDW right now, too; and have witnessed a number of not-so-magical staff-guest interactions in the parks. Fortunately, the positives have far outweighed the negatives; but it's different enough to be noticeable. Anyone know what's brought about the change?

I'd hazard a guess that heat and overcrowding might have a lot to do with it. :faint:

Should everyone get upset by this because some do? Should everyone only do things that bother no one? I'm for relaxing and enjoying life, not for letting other people who are only trying to have their own fun ruin mine.

I think if everyone consciously tried not to bother the people around them, the world would be a much more civilized and pleasant place. Just imagine! :hippie:

There's no reason on earth to photobomb strangers. Go ahead and photobomb your family and friends, sure! But don't pull drive by bombings when you have no idea how they'll be received. Why even chance ruining someone else's vacation just to give yourself some pointless giggles over a photo you'll never even see?

what i don't understand is why the PP photographer would think a grown man carrying his child would be photobombing. i have seen it many times but it's usually teenagers doing it. if a photographer said something like that to me in front of everyone, and especially while i was with my child, i wouldn't be able to resist stopping & making him explain himself. if he's going to call people out like that, he needs to be sure that they're actually doing what he's accusing them of doing. if he continued to be rude i would get his name and report him (and i'm not the type of person who usually complains about things). doing your job is one thing, being rude to guests is quite another.

There's no reason on earth to photobomb strangers. Go ahead and photobomb your family and friends, sure! But don't pull drive by bombings when you have no idea how they'll be received. Why even chance ruining someone else's vacation just to give yourself some pointless giggles over a photo you'll never even see?

That's the part that annoys me most about it - you will laugh for 5 minutes that you did it and then forget about it. The 'victim', though, may not have thought it was funny and is stuck with that photo. (If they didn't notice so didn't take another)

I also don't think that Photoshop is the answer. That's all well and good for those who own it and know how to use it, but that is far from the majority of people.

Back in the old days, they called it "manners".

By the way, OP: I'm sure if the cast member had realized his mistake, he would have been even more embarrassed than he made you and your family feel. It's a shame that they have to be on guard constantly like that! Like a lot of things in life, innocent people often suffer as a result of others' stupid actions. I hope it didn't put too much of a damper on the day.

Holy some people need to settle down and relax

Remember everyone has different opinions, just because one person may think its funny , the other may not. So how about we let everyone have their own opinions.

Obviously we are all on the same page here, with what the CM said and how he handled this was very wrong and not Disney like or even friendly like at all.
I'm sorry you had that bad moment happen to you in the most wonderful place in the world. :(

Holy some people need to settle down and relax

Remember everyone has different opinions, just because one person may think its funny , the other may not. So how about we let everyone have their own opinions.

Obviously we are all on the same page here, with what the CM said and how he handled this was very wrong and not Disney like or even friendly like at all.
I'm sorry you had that bad moment happen to you in the most wonderful place in the world. :(

I think the problem here is that having different opinions is all very well and good, but when your opinions ruin my photos, there's where I draw the line.

I think photobombing is fine when it's consensual and kept within your own circle of friends and family. When you go around photobombing unsuspecting strangers, however, you're not being funny. You're being rude and inconsiderate and it doesn't really matter anymore what your opinion is - it's still wrong.

I might think it's hilarious to run around writing on people with magic marker. But I don't think the strangers I write on would appreciate it very much. Especially if I ruined something of theirs while doing it. And it wouldn't matter very much if I used washable markers or not (ie, Photoshop).

Having your fun and then running away so you never need to face the people you've just used is the height of selfishness. You'll never know if they minded or not, and evidently you don't care.

I think if everyone consciously tried not to bother the people around them, the world would be a much more civilized and pleasant place. Just imagine! :hippie:

Ah, a whole world just like Canada. :) (seriously, I love your country...just escaped our 4th of July stuff to go to Vancouver for a couple nights, hated leaving as usual!)

That's the part that annoys me most about it - you will laugh for 5 minutes that you did it and then forget about it. The 'victim', though, may not have thought it was funny and is stuck with that photo. (If they didn't notice so didn't take another)

So true.

I would never photo bomb anyone for the very reason that is being debated on here. Some think it is funny and others don't like it.
We have only been photo bombed one time---when we were in Las Vegas. We have a camera stick that we can attach to our camera and extend it out in front of us so that we can take our own picture. The stick doesn't show up. It looks just like someone has taken our picture. Anyway, we took our picture in Las Vegas and this young couple was looking over our shoulders from a ways behind us, making faces. We didn't realize it until we got home. It is hilarious!! We loved it. Things like that don't bother us, but we tend to take a gazillion pictures anywhere we go so we have plenty more that don't have that in them.

I'm not a big fan of the whole photopass. When we went a couple years ago we didn't do it - no real reason to and just one more place to hand over a big chunk of money. But, all of the good photo spots were taken up by photopass. So, they do a good job of discouraging you into paying for it. Several dissers had told us that the photopass photographers would gladly take pics of us with our camera. We didn't find that to be the case at all. Not one was willing to take pics for us and we were there in September. It was not a busy time. It left a bad taste in our mouths.

We have the photopass photographer to take our picture all the time. Never had one to act like they didn't want to. Most of them even offer to do it. Do you also give them a photopass or do you just ask them to take your picture with your camera? We always have a photopass to hand them. Just because they take a picture of you using the photopass doesn't mean you have to buy them. We never buy the pictures. If you didn't also give them a photopass to take your picture with, try that next time.

i always get the PP photographers to take a pic w/ my camera as well as the photopass one. it usually works out fine, but a couple of times it hasn't. we had one photographer refuse to take a pic w/ my iphone saying it was against the rules (none of the others have ever told me that). and some of the pics taken w/ my phone and with my camera have just been crappy, like they weren't even trying. the last time we met town square mickey, the CM who took a pic w/ my camera took it literally as soon as i walked back to mickey from giving her the camera without telling us anything. so i'm not looking, the pic is blurry, and my BF's mouth is open. seriously?? she was really rude, too. i usually ask them to take 2 pics w/ my camera. i hardly EVER like the photopass pics, i don't know why. i have purchased a couple of them, but my personal pictures are always my faves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter