Too serious!

Maybe you don't know what photobombing is? This is an example.

-Original Photo-

In this case it's his mom so he was playing a prank, but if that was some stranger you but I'd be pissed.

Here is my quick stab at "DE-Bombing."

Original photo on the left... De-Bombed version on the right.
(Both reduced in size to fit screen-size of DISboards.)

Certainly not perfect, but if you didn't KNOW there was a fix, you might not notice.

Many "erroneous additions" (Photo Bombs) might likely be easier to eradicate.

Bomb_Gone_zpsa9ed4ddd.jpg

Well, it looks like we fundamentally disagree, because I don't believe it DOES ruin the picture. And unless you know that the photobomber believes it ruins the picture, then you can't know if ruining the picture was his intent.

The photo bomber's intent is to make someone else's photo about them instead of the actual subject. I don't really understand how anyone could not get that that's rude. Even if you think you are so funny/gorgeous/witty that total strangers would just *love* to have you pull focus... that's kind of egotisitcal, isn't it?

Certainly not perfect, but if you didn't KNOW there was a fix, you might not notice.

True, it's rather simple for the many of us who have access to photoshop & such. Or if taken on an iPhone to fix it even shortly after in seconds. But, what about the family who only has a disposable camera?? I see that at our town fair alot. I see families w/their disposables taking a family pic & being photobombed. That's not an easy fix. I'm just confused at why people find it funny?

People who think that they are in any way benefitting another persons photo have over inflated egos. Respecting others and what they want for their pictures seems pretty obvious to me. Why would you think anyone wants you looking stupid in their pictures?

Bomb_Gone_zpsa9ed4ddd.jpg

That is really really good. I've tried several times to learn PS through online tutorials and such, but just couldn't get there. :( I've had better luck with Gimp but I'm no pro by a long shot.

Well, it looks like we fundamentally disagree, because I don't believe it DOES ruin the picture. And unless you know that the photobomber believes it ruins the picture, then you can't know if ruining the picture was his intent.

If you honestly think that one can't know what a photobombers intent is, then I'm pretty sure that you have no idea what a photobomb actually is.

I guess it wouldn't be a topic on the DIS if there weren't 5+ people playing devil's advocate for no particular reason at all.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think you can take a picture in Disney without other people in it nor are they requesting that, so could everyone please throw that argument out? Photobombing, as the word itself implies, has the sole intent of ruining people's pictures. Disagree with me if you wish, because it wouldn't be a DIS topic if you didn't.

I guess it wouldn't be a topic on the DIS if there weren't 5+ people playing devil's advocate for no particular reason at all.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think you can take a picture in Disney without other people in it nor are they requesting that, so could everyone please throw that argument out? Photobombing, as the word itself implies, has the sole intent of ruining people's pictures. Disagree with me if you wish, because it wouldn't be a DIS topic if you didn't.

I think most if not all agree w/you! I know I do. It's not the people walking along w/their dole whips who happen to walk behind someone family photo that is considered "photobombers". I'm sure many people stop if they see a pic being taken but others don't & that's no big deal to me. Again, it's those unique people who stop & make a funny face, wave hello, stick out their tongue or a leg right in the photo... Sure it can be fixed. But, it sure as heck is not funny & IMHO I feel it's disrespectful & therefore what I consider a photobomb.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter