too late to add ddp

samandryanmom

Mouseketeer
I was told we had until 48 hours before travel to add the DDP. We arrive and check in Thursday, 5-24 at 5:00 PM. I'm on hold with Disney and they're saying that I've waited too late. What do you guys think?

Thanks

I was told we had until 48 hours before travel to add the DDP. We arrive and check in Thursday, 5-24 at 5:00 PM. I'm on hold with Disney and they're saying that I've waited too late. What do you guys think?

Thanks

It's really up to them, I think. :confused3 I was under the impression that it was 5 business days before your trip.

Take the money you had ear marked for the DDP and use it on your dining plans for your trip. Don't let it ruin anything. Have fun on your trip.

If the budget is tight, drop a table service meal or just don't order appetizers/ desserts at each meal. It's easy to save a little $ if you try without sacrificing the experience. The DDP is a lot of fun and you can save a ton of money and eat like royalty, but you can still have a great time without it.

They probably don't take your check-in time into consideration. So, you would be less than 48 hours from the check in day of 5/24. I have seen varying deadlines reported here but 48 hours is the lowest I have seen.

I've heard everything from calling after getting off the plane at MCO to five days, so I'm not sure what the answer is...if there is one answer. I've also heard one or two anecdotes of DVCers being able to add it on at checkin.

For regular DDP though, the problem may be that pesky "package" thing. It's a package, and if they don't have any package rooms available at this point, that could be your problem. Even though you've paid rack rate and bought a park ticket, if they don't have availability for that promotion, they don't have it. Hopefully, magic will occur and they'll be able to accommodate you.

Worst case scenario, you'll be at Disney this weekend and we'll all be sitting here wishing we were! Have a great trip.

Thanks for all of the help. I posted while I was on hold with Disney and I'm just now checking back. Everyone's right, there are varying answers to this question and I'm still not sure that I know what the answer is.

Disney did allow me to add the Dining plan so we're all set. Normally I'm on top of these things especially with my Disney plans, but we kept going back and forth on whether we wanted to add the plan because of my 11 year old "adult" son. :goodvibes

Anyway, thanks again for the help and the advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter