Today (2/17) at MK extra magic hours

hotveggy

Disney Lover
i have never been so frustrated and seen such confusion in 20+ visits.

There was a large group of people in the area in front of the train station that were let in at 7:55ish, but the rest of the turnstiles didn't start letting people in until 8 on the left and at least 8:02 or 8:03 on the right (where I was). We weren't sure if we had missed the resort guest line and it didn't even appear they were checking if you were a resort guest.

It was a big difference from the day before which was a regular opening day and we were able to make our way down Main Street casually and slowly.

So frustrating!

Is this there new procedure for extra morning hours without the old welcome show or did I just have a bad experience?

I guess I'm not understanding your frustration. Is it because you were in the park 2-3 minutes after others? EMH days tend to be more populated, so it isn't a surprise that more people were there this morning, right? As far as 'checking' to see if people are resort guests, I believe that information shows up on the magic band scan...someone can correct me, if I'm wrong. I hope this didn't impact the rest of your day badly and that you had an AMAZING day in the MK anyway.

Not sure why the other lanes were slower, but resort guest status is encoded on magic bands so if they weren't resort guests, the MB wouldn't let them in.

Are you talking about the people with ADRs and tours on the side that were let in first? that's normal and then the tapstyles open up. The difference here is they weren't let in 10-15 minutes sooner (probably some work going on on main street still).

Isn't the new EMH procedure that everyone is let into the hub & it's checked at the ropes if you're a resort guest?

I'm pretty sure they don't check on the MK side of the lagoon for Resort credentials because if you made it there, you should be a resort guest already. A while ago I met with some resort guests and parked at TTC and they were checking for resort credentials there, so maybe they don't check at MK anymore.

Isn't the new EMH procedure that everyone is let into the hub & it's checked at the ropes if you're a resort guest?
They did that once (maybe twice.) Worked great.
They don't do it anymore.

I'm pretty sure they don't check on the MK side of the lagoon for Resort credentials because if you made it there, you should be a resort guest already. A while ago I met with some resort guests and parked at TTC and they were checking for resort credentials there, so maybe they don't check at MK anymore.

Yup.

Not sure why the other lanes were slower, but resort guest status is encoded on magic bands so if they weren't resort guests, the MB wouldn't let them in.

They don't screen for EMH using the regular entrance tap-stiles.
If they want to screen at the entrance, they use separate hand-held scanners.

They don't screen for EMH using the regular entrance tap-stiles.
If they want to screen at the entrance, they use separate hand-held scanners.

Forgive my ignorance, but it sounds like they aren't screening for EMH at all? They just let everyone in, regardless of if you're a resort guest or not, trusting that only resort guests show up?

Yes, it is a major flaw in their multi, multi million dollar magicband system. The turnstiles do not read the bands to determine if you are staying at a resort. They check most guests in line before reaching the entrance at the other parks. At MK it is only done at the TTC. As Robo stated they have to use a second hand held scanner to check if you are staying onsite.

Forgive my ignorance, but it sounds like they aren't screening for EMH at all? They just let everyone in, regardless of if you're a resort guest or not, trusting that only resort guests show up?

They use the fact that guests staying at a WDW resort will "generally" take the Disney buses to MK, but those guests staying off-site will drive (or be taken by shuttle) to TTC.
Guests are held at TTC until closer to regular opening time.
That's the "screening" for MK AM EMH.

They use the fact that guests staying at a WDW resort will "generally" take the Disney buses to MK, but those guests staying off-site will drive (or be taken by shuttle) to TTC.
Guests are held at TTC until closer to regular opening time.
That's the "screening" for MK AM EMH.

Oh gosh. That sounds...easier for them but also fairly easy to get around. Interesting. Thanks for the clarification!

its not that easy to get around the TTC people--everyone is filtered, much like an entrance. We've had that experience as non-resort guests being held at TTC. I'm not sure how that plays in to main street being open to everyone for the hour prior to regular rope drop...is there a certain place EMH people now enter the rest of the park off of main street?

its not that easy to get around the TTC people--everyone is filtered, much like an entrance.
1. We've had that experience as non-resort guests being held at TTC.
2. I'm not sure how that plays in to main street being open to everyone for the hour prior to regular rope drop...
3. is there a certain place EMH people now enter the rest of the park off of main street?

1. Same deal now.

2. That's not a factor on AM EMH mornings.
Resort guests enter Main St. a bit before EMH time and
can walk to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

3. Nope. Non-resort guests are held at TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter