To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

Actually it's been proven that the majority of people will go right as the majority of people are right hand dominant. Even in a chase situation, the runner will turn right more than left. It's just the funky way we are wired.

I like the new quick order machines at Pecos !!! People were standing in line like sheep, and there wasn't one person using the machines !!! I was in and out of the booth, and had my food before two people even ordered at the regular line.

When did they install quick order machines? I LOVE Pecos Bill, we go there every year when we're in MK and I've never seen them! Was there last year in July...are they fairly recent?

I think alot of people don't realize this. I noticed this last year and I rarely had to wait in line at CS because there was always one empty line!:goodvibes

yea, we got yelled at when we did this. I looked at the lady and said "well you could have come over here too"

She and people behind her thought that it was budding...then the CM cheerfully turned and took our order. :lovestruc Because of the Dis, I knew tht it was ok to do this when we took our last trip! :worship: (even if noone is in the que infront of you, if its 'open' line up!)

I have a tip for parade & fireworks viewing! If you want to get a good seat but hate finding them and sitting there for an hour doing nothing, have your group set up wherever it is you want to watch everything from and send 1-2 people to go get dinner and bring it back. While you keep your spot, you can be entertaining yourself with dinner. (Makes the time fly by and you still get those excellent seats!)

Actually it's been proven that the majority of people will go right as the majority of people are right hand dominant. Even in a chase situation, the runner will turn right more than left. It's just the funky way we are wired.

I like the new quick order machines at Pecos !!! People were standing in line like sheep, and there wasn't one person using the machines !!! I was in and out of the booth, and had my food before two people even ordered at the regular line.
ok wait. WHAT? do tell!

Ah! Was it Pecos ? The eatery by the bridge at the bend in the Splash Mountain. Pretty darn sure it was. As you walk in the front doors you see the CMs at registers and they take two lines and order right, then left. To YOUR RIGHT of THEM is an island of four you do it quick order machines. Slide your ATM/Credit/Room Chrage Card/ or Meal Plan card, select the meals you want and hit Order. You take your receipt and walk up the the counter and pick up your food. Simple and FAST !

Waiting in lines is inevitable. You can plan down to the second, using 4 different touring plans, and you will, without a doubt, be waiting for something - a meal, a show to start, a bus to come - at many points.

What I like to do when I see people who are antsy in line (and lets face it, who isn't?) is help them to make it as fun as it can be. Play a game thats easy to play in line (see below), take out your digital camera and go through photos from previous days (make sure it was yesterday or before though. It's not as much fun to think "oh, that was fun, 10 minutes ago, when we met Goofy") etc. Before you know it, the line will be moving and you'll be good to go!

Games I like to suggest:
-Scattegories - pick a topic (Disney movies, presidents, Disney rides, foods, etc) and go through the alphabet thinking of one for each letter of the alphabet (i.e. Characters - Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, etc)
-Would You Rather Disney Version (Would You Rather....get stuck on Its a small World for 3 hours or have to spend 3 hours in the Swiss Family Treehouse?)
-I Spy (self explanatory and good for people watching)

From a resort CM:

You're more likely to get an upgrade if you don't ask.

You win more flies with honey than vinegar... have a positive attitude and you will have a much better time.

Make sure your expectations are reasonable. Not everybody can get a theme park/fireworks view.. it's just not logistically possible!

This is a good thread!!!

Thanks for the tips :)

From a resort CM:

You win more flies with honey than vinegar... have a positive attitude and you will have a much better time.

Make sure your expectations are reasonable. Not everybody can get a theme park/fireworks view.. it's just not logistically possible!

Since you are/were a resort CM, why do some resorts have such speedy lines and other resorts seem to take an eternity? For example, our BC CMs were always quick and helpful, at Poly they seem sooooo sloooow.

From a resort CM:

oh thats a great one, thanks! I have to ask, are upgrades just really random? Like the "next person in line is going to be lucky", or "I really like this person, so I feel like upgrading them if I can". How exactly does that work? (checking into the BCV in 10 days:cloud9:, will I get lucky? oops, I shouldn't have asked, my bad, lol)

They often have free samples of fudge in the Confectionary.

The princess often have shorter waits in Epcot than in Toontown- look for Belle with Beast in France, Mulan in China (yes, I know- technically not a princess), Aurora also in France (look closely- she's often hidden in a corner with a short wait.), Snow White in Germany, and Jasmine usually with Aladdin and Genie in Moracco.

Upon entering a park, scan all the turnstyles for the shortest wait before getting in line- don't automatically follow everyone else.

I was wondering if any CM's had some really good advice for visitors? Anything about attractions, dining, parade viewing, parking, ANYTHING?? Love to hear a CM's view of a "good tip":cool1:

You CANNOT use more than one day off your ticket to park hop with.

Ah! Was it Pecos ? The eatery by the bridge at the bend in the Splash Mountain. Pretty darn sure it was. As you walk in the front doors you see the CMs at registers and they take two lines and order right, then left. To YOUR RIGHT of THEM is an island of four you do it quick order machines. Slide your ATM/Credit/Room Chrage Card/ or Meal Plan card, select the meals you want and hit Order. You take your receipt and walk up the the counter and pick up your food. Simple and FAST !

We used these machines on our March trip. They worked fine but, we ordered 4 meals (3 adult & 1 child) using the DDP. We got 4 meals, but they only charged the DDP for 3.

One point though, not everything was on the machine. I saw people with a large burrito that was not on the kiosk. I think this has to do with the Mexican place next door rehabbing and Pecos Bills picking up some of their items temporarily.

We used these machines on our March trip. They worked fine but, we ordered 4 meals (3 adult & 1 child) using the DDP. We got 4 meals, but they only charged the DDP for 3.

One point though, not everything was on the machine. I saw people with a large burrito that was not on the kiosk. I think this has to do with the Mexican place next door rehabbing and Pecos Bills picking up some of their items temporarily.

That happened to us too !!! 2 ad 1 Child QS Meal, but only got charged for 2 !!! We left WDW with a QS meal left on our card !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!