To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

This is from a 4 year old parent. Kiddo generally is not very phased by disney villains. She gets more scared by realistic things that could harm her. Like she got terrified by the part in Moana where she almost drowns going over the water line the first time and closed her eyes and wouldn't watch the rest. Though Hades and Maleficient, etc don't phase her.
So the Beast did not scare her at all.
What did scare her were the wolves scenes. She crawled in my lap and kept asking if they were real.
I will say that the end fight scene with Gaston and the beast involves firearms and that also was a bit scarier to her than the animated version.
Then again, she's asked to go see it again so it must not have scarred her.
I don't think she was ever terrified but was anxious for those few parts. It's definitely much more "adult" than cartoonish in feel so I was shocked she sat through the whole thing.
PS It is 2 hours and 9 minutes and there's a thousand previews. Wiggle-worms beware! Pre-movie bathroom breaks are musts!
And she thought Belle was beautiful :)

ETA to say if she sat through the live action Cinderalla and wasn't bored she has a good chance of liking this one. But it's for sure darker than Cinderella.

We watch live action Cinderella at least a few times a month. Her least favorite part is when the SM and SS rip up Cinderella's dress. Fast forward please!!! :D

I guess we'll see but this is a good description of what I've heard. Thanks!

We watch live action Cinderella at least a few times a month. Her least favorite part is when the SM and SS rip up Cinderella's dress. Fast forward please!!! :D

I guess we'll see but this is a good description of what I've heard. Thanks!

roxydad always says to kiddo "will you sit with me if I get scared, so that I can be brave" and that tends to help her. She makes sure she is helping her daddy be brave. Worth a try right?

HEY! I've been really behind on your journal so still trying to fully catch up. I LOVE how informative your posts are... you're like our very own running guru!

Really interested in your notes on recovery drinks.. Chocolate milk is my preferred choice (thanks to your advice during my Dopey training) but I love the bottles like they sell in Disney. They sell the powder this side of the pond but not the bottles. I guess the sugar probably helps with me liking it so much!

I really must get my Dad to sign up here and follow your journal, he would love all the analysis and is currently training for his fourth marathon (he ran his first two with me and my sister)... I'm going to continue with my binge reading now lol Have a lovely weekend!

HEY! I've been really behind on your journal so still trying to fully catch up.

Thanks for catching up!

I LOVE how informative your posts are... you're like our very own running guru!

Thanks! I don't know everything there is about running, but I'm trying my hardest to learn as much as I can. Hopefully it'll make me the best runner I can be, and then in turn sharing my experiences will help others find their own path to whatever their goals are.

Really interested in your notes on recovery drinks.. Chocolate milk is my preferred choice (thanks to your advice during my Dopey training) but I love the bottles like they sell in Disney. They sell the powder this side of the pond but not the bottles. I guess the sugar probably helps with me liking it so much!

Here's a good article on chocolate milk as a recovery option (link). I always went for the powder version of chocolate milk to avoid the use of high fructose corn syrup. Is HFCS bad? I'm not positive, but I just chose it as something I wanted to avoid as something I consume everyday post-running.

I'm currently trying a new regimen of Promix Protein Powder, 2 bananas, Peanut Butter Powder, and ice/water. The jury is still out whether it's as effective or better.

I really must get my Dad to sign up here and follow your journal, he would love all the analysis and is currently training for his fourth marathon (he ran his first two with me and my sister)... I'm going to continue with my binge reading now lol Have a lovely weekend!

Fun! What marathon is your dad training for? Does he have a goal in mind?

Thanks! I don't know everything there is about running, but I'm trying my hardest to learn as much as I can. Hopefully it'll make me the best runner I can be, and then in turn sharing my experiences will help others find their own path to whatever their goals are.

I love your analytical approach, I do everything on spread sheets (the accountant in me) so like looking at how your processing it all and coming to a decision! It definitely does help, thanks so much for sharing.

Here's a good article on chocolate milk as a recovery option (link). I always went for the powder version of chocolate milk to avoid the use of high fructose corn syrup. Is HFCS bad? I'm not positive, but I just chose it as something I wanted to avoid as something I consume everyday post-running.

Oh great thank you! I'll check it out. I think I'll give the powder version another try... don't really have a choice in fairness lol

I'm currently trying a new regimen of Promix Protein Powder, 2 bananas, Peanut Butter Powder, and ice/water. The jury is still out whether it's as effective or better.

Interested to see how it goes for you!

Fun! What marathon is your dad training for? Does he have a goal in mind?

So we did the Dublin Marathon and Dopey together and then he did Dublin again in October but unfortunately got injured right at the peak of training! He ran a really good half on St Patrick's Day and is doing his marathon the end of April, somewhere down the country in Ireland I can't remember?! He's actually joined the boards now so I'll tag him and he can tell you himself! @Declanb

Somewhere down the country! It's Limerick! Called the Great Limerick Run! Hoping to get in under 4hrs Long run (20mile) tomorrow.
I love your analytical approach, I do everything on spread sheets (the accountant in me) so like looking at how your processing it all and coming to a decision! It definitely does help, thanks so much for sharing.

Oh great thank you! I'll check it out. I think I'll give the powder version another try... don't really have a choice in fairness lol

So we did the Dublin Marathon and Dopey together and then he did Dublin again in October but unfortunately got injured right at the peak of training! He ran a really good half on St Patrick's Day and is doing his marathon the end of April, somewhere down the country in Ireland I can't remember?! He's actually joined the boards now so I'll tag him and he can tell you himself! @Decla
[QUOTE="dancingtodisney, post: 57328565, member: 550754"]I love your analytical approach, I do everything on spread sheets (the accountant in me) so like looking at how your processing it all and coming to a decision! It definitely does help, thanks so much for sharing.

So we did the Dublin Marathon and Dopey together and then he did Dublin again in October but unfortunately got injured right at the peak of training! He ran a really good half on St Patrick's Day and is doing his marathon the end of April, somewhere down the country in Ireland I can't remember?! He's actually joined the boards now so I'll tag him and he can tell you himself! [USER=597406]@Declanb
S

So we did the Dublin Marathon and Dopey together and then he did Dublin again in October but unfortunately got injured right at the peak of training! He ran a really good half on St Patrick's Day and is doing his marathon the end of April, somewhere down the country in Ireland I can't remember?! He's actually joined the boards now so I'll tag him and he can tell you himself! @Declanb

[/USER][/QUOTE]

Ahh, another spreadsheet lover! If you ever see me talk about a spreadsheet and you're interested in one for yourself just let me know. Always willing to share.

Somewhere down the country! It's Limerick! Called the Great Limerick Run! Hoping to get in under 4hrs Long run (20mile) tomorrow.

:welcome:

Do they require you to only speak in rhyming poetry of AABBA?

tumblr_n9ijdcpTsp1qazfm3o1_1280.gif

Is that 4 hours for the long run of 20 miles or is the goal for the marathon 4 hours? What did you run the half marathon in recently?

Haha it's not a requirement but it helps! 4hrs is the target for the Marathon - I did the 1/2 last weekend in 1:47 - 1st competitive one, chuffed with that - felt comfortable and picked up the pace over the last 2 mile.

Haha it's not a requirement but it helps! 4hrs is the target for the Marathon - I did the 1/2 last weekend in 1:47 - 1st competitive one, chuffed with that - felt comfortable and picked up the pace over the last 2 mile.

Sounds like you're right on track. When I first broke 4 hours, I ran 1:45 a couple weeks prior. The race equivalency says around a 3:42 under ideal conditions so I think you can do it!

Science question: how accurate are the "calories burned" on the Garmin summaries for a run? My run today was over 2300 calories and that just seems so high to me!
I've thought this before but forgot to ever bring it up.

Science question: how accurate are the "calories burned" on the Garmin summaries for a run? My run today was over 2300 calories and that just seems so high to me!

It is dependent on the type of Garmin used and the accuracy of the inputted data about you (height, weight, HRmax, VO2max, HR chest strap vs wrist based, etc.).

DCrainmaker has a good article about it here - link.
First beat is the company who came up with the algorithm - link.
Here is first beat's scientific paper discussing the use of a HR monitor in calculating calories burned - pdf attached.

The summary is that a Garmin with HR data will be more accurate than the estimation of calories burned using weight, speed, and distance. However, the Garmin calculation relies on the accuracy of the HRmax data. In my experience HRmax can vary wildly from the 220-age, and thus if this value is inaccurate the calories burned is likely as well. The error of the HR calorie estimation appears to be 7-10% (similar to that of both VO2max error and HRmax error) whereas the error of the speed/weight/distance calculation is more like 20-35% (but as high as 60%). Thus, if your Garmin does not have a HR monitor the estimation of calories burned is probably not very accurate.

Attachments

• Firstbeat_technology.pdf
    311.3 KB · Views: 0
It is dependent on the type of Garmin used and the accuracy of the inputted data about you (height, weight, HRmax, VO2max, HR chest strap vs wrist based, etc.).

DCrainmaker has a good article about it here - link.
First beat is the company who came up with the algorithm - link.
Here is first beat's scientific paper discussing the use of a HR monitor in calculating calories burned - pdf attached.

The summary is that a Garmin with HR data will be more accurate than the estimation of calories burned using weight, speed, and distance. However, the Garmin calculation relies on the accuracy of the HRmax data. In my experience HRmax can vary wildly from the 220-age, and thus if this value is inaccurate the calories burned is likely as well. The error of the HR calorie estimation appears to be 7-10% (similar to that of both VO2max error and HRmax error) whereas the error of the speed/weight/distance calculation is more like 20-35% (but as high as 60%). Thus, if your Garmin does not have a HR monitor the estimation of calories burned is probably not very accurate.

Good, now I have some "light" reading material for lunchtime while I'm taking in my calories.
I do not use a HR strap and my weight may be a tad high in the garmin since I haven't updated it since I got it and I'm at least 10 lbs lighter right now...possibly more...I can't remember.
Good reason to go in and make sure my stats are accurate to "current me."

So at least I was correct in thinking that I probably didn't need to go eat a giant pizza after my run (don't worry, I didn't.)

My question...why would you question such a calorie gift from the Garmin gods? Next time, eat the pizza. :D

I'm also curious to hear you conclusions on the recovery drink. I love a good chocolate milk after a long run and about the only time I allow myself such a treat.

82 Days to Go (Running in the wind!)

tumblr_inline_mm1fweKZAJ1qz4rgp.gif

Date - Day - Scheduled Workout (Intervals within desired pace, Strength +/- 5 sec, everything else +/- 10 sec)

3/21/17 - T - 2 mi @ WU + (4x200m @ R w/ 200m RI) + (8x400m @ R w/400m RI) + 1 mile @ WU + (4x200m @ R w/ 400m RI) + 3 mi @ CD (12/16)
3/22/17 - W - 7 miles @ 8:04-9:01 min/mile + 6 strides
3/23/17 - R - 7 miles @ 8:04-9:01 min/mile
3/24/17 - F - 2 mi @ WU + 4 x 200 @ R w/ 200 RI @ WU + 3 miles @ T + 3 min REST + 2 x 1 mi @ T w/ 0.1 mi RI + 4 x 200 @ R w/ 200 RI @ WU + 2 mi @ CD (10/13)
3/25/17 - Sat - 7 miles @ 8:04-9:01 min/mile + 6 strides
3/26/17 - Sun - 15 miles @ 7:42 min/mile (14/15)
3/27/17 - M - MBW

Total (training) mileage = 59.9 miles
Number of SOS intervals within pace = 36/44 (82%)

On Monday, G and I were back at super hero tumbling class. She's still an odd duck running around like her hair's on fire while the rest of the kids calm do their activities. G did get fixated on a mom trying to fix a jumbled slinky. She kept going over to the mom trying to offer "assistance" on fixing it. G has tangled a few slinkys in her day. During the class one of the other dad's commented that he really liked my kid's enthusiasm and that he wished his kid had some of G's personality. It brought a smile to my face because maybe I've been too hung up on G being like the other kids, and maybe I should appreciate G's craziness a bit more. Case in point during the "obstacle game" they make all of the mats into things you crawl through, jump off, or maze through. G has this nasty habit of pulling the maze closed after she passes through it and holding it shut so everyone else gets stuck. The other kids just freak out cause they don't know what to do. The teachers always seem a bit frustrated by it. But G's just trying to have fun with it, and I'm not sure she understands it could be seen as mean.

Tuesday was the first speed workout with the new pacing scheme. Going into it, the question was can I handle the new paces and were they appropriate for my current fitness level?

2 mi @ WU + (2x200m @ R w/ 200m RI) + (10x400m @ R w/400m RI) + 1 mile @ WU + (4x200m @ R w/ 400m RI) + 3 mi @ CD

Well, let's start off with the obvious. I screwed up this run. I did 4x200m to start and then realized on the 2nd interval of the 400m set that I was on #4 and not #2. Since this was programmed in the Garmin there wasn't much I could do about it mid-run. Thus, in reality the workout was:

2 mi @ WU + (4x200m @ R w/ 200m RI) + (8x400m @ R w/400m RI) + 1 mile @ WU + (4x200m @ R w/ 400m RI) + 3 mi @ CD

Not a huge change, but still a bummer I screwed it up. Here's the new pacing scheme:

R = 5:40 min/mile (200m = 42 sec and 400m = 85 sec)
Interval window = +/- 1 second

Unfortunately, I didn't get a good gauge as to whether this is the appropriate pace for me because of a pretty strong wind (17 mph) for a sprint paced workout. So sometimes I had a side wind, or a head wind, or a tail wind. Normally, I run this 200m/400m intervals in the north and east direction. This gives me a very slight downhill (right at the beginning of the interval). But to avoid the massive headwind all the time, I went in reverse direction. Which meant I had a slight elevation increase at the end of each interval. All in all though, with all the mishaps included I still hit 12/16 intervals within window. The WC was 37F.

200m Set 1 - 43, 43, 41, 41
400m Set - 84, 84, 87, 85, 87, 86, 88, 86
200m Set 2 - 43, 41, 40, 41

Hard to say for sure whether the fade existed in the 400m set. I clearly was struggling at the end of the 400m set compared to the beginning. But I had enough in the tank to rebound during the 2nd 200m set with a strong set of runs (and even one too fast at 40 sec). I think Friday will be a better indication as to whether this new pacing scheme is appropriate going forward (if the rain/thunderstorms holds off). Tuesday was also the start of something new: a new recovery drink. I mixed one scoop of Promix, with two bananas, one scoop of PB powder, 8 ice cubs, and some water. It ended up making about 24oz of liquid. The consistency was decent and the taste was good. Mostly tasted like banana with a small mix of PB. It definitely didn't taste like it needed almond/rice/other type of milk too. Looks like I found a new use for G's Baby Bullet.

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

The jury is still out as to whether this works as a replacement for chocolate milk, and it may take a few days/weeks before I can really make a decision. But at this point it passes the palatability question.

Wednesday was an easy day. It was a WC of 32F and with a wind of 10mph. Nothing really to note about the run.

Thursday was an easy day. It was a WC of 35F and with a wind of 20mph. I got really lucky I finished the run before the lightning show started! It was a really active storm.

Friday was another speed test at the new pacing scheme at the lactate threshold pace.
2 mi @ WU + 4 x 200 @ R w/ 200 RI @ WU + 3 miles @ T + 3 min REST + 2 x 1 mi @ T w/ 0.1 mi RI + 4 x 200 @ R w/ 200 RI @ WU + 2 mi @ CD

T = 6:38 min/mile
R = 5:40 min/mile (200m in 42 sec)

T = +/- 10 sec
R = +/- 1 sec

When I put this Daniels plan together I had this one highlighted because I knew this was going to be one of the toughest runs of the cycle. Having a stiff wind of 18 mph didn't help make this run any easier. I spent all day psyching myself up for this one because I just wasn't sure whether I'd be able to hit the new pacing scheme on this run.

200m Set 1 - 44, 43, 42, 42
Threshold Set 1 - 6:47, 6:42, 7:07
Threshold Set 2 - 6:44
Threshold Set 3 - 6:45
200m Set 2 - 43, 43, 44, 43

Because of the wind it's really hard to place my finger on this one. Both sets of 200m were wind aided, but slightly uphill (in the reverse direction), The threshold runs were run on my normal route. In the 3 mile T set, it was uphill, downhill, and uphill/downhill into the wind. So the first two were reasonable (6:47, 6:42), but that third one was way off. Was the pacing too much or was it the wind/uphill? The pacing on the flat stretch with no wind on the 3rd mile was around a 6:58 min/mile. So regardless of elevation/wind it was still a tough interval.

After the 3 min rest, I decided to remove the elevation from the equation to see if I could nail the pacing. For the 2nd set of threshold when into the wind it was ~7:00 min/mile and when it was with the wind it was 6:25-6:40 min/mile. For the 3rd set of threshold into the wind it was ~7:00 min/mile and when it was with the wind it was 6:28-6:45 min/mile.

Then I was able to nail the 200m Set 2 with 3/4.

The question is was this pacing appropriate or too much? From a HR standpoint, this run should be between 10k (164) and HM (160), but the average of the 5 intervals was 157 for a 6:49 min/mile. So the pace wasn't quite fast enough to match the HR. It's tough to say whether this is the right pacing scheme or not. I do know going forward the all R paced, I paced, and T paced workouts will be done on my flat street course. Because the T workouts have a 200m R set before and after them, it leads me to believe these should be treated as track workouts. So maybe I'm pushing to hard on these workouts attempting to do them on my normal route (with elevation) and missing the mark on the workout.

Friday night was the Badger Basketball Sweet 16 game against Florida. It was a miracle to come back down 12 with 5.5 minutes to go. It was a miracle to hit a 3-pt shot down by 3 with 6 seconds to play.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/845492711876542464/video/1

And then to see Showy look to Aaron Rodgers in the stands and give the belt move - ugh it just felt so right. (For context they had a conversation before the game about getting a "belt").

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...-rodgers-belt-celebration-after-game-tying-3/

Then it was a miracle for Florida to also hit a running three in OT down by 2 with 4 seconds to play to then win the game.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/845498687417544704/video/1

Friday (then Saturday morning) was a rough sleep...

Saturday was Beauty and the Beast day! G got all dressed up in her Belle yellow dress (which BTW doesn't have the same flowers as the one in the movie, GAH!), and brought her big Beast stuffed animal. Personally, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. I liked the new songs. I thought Gad's representation of Lefou was decent. I thought it was interesting he seemed to question Gaston more. They really harped on the uneducated aspect of the town a bit more. We took G out at the Beast/wolf fighting scene. One thing about the movie really bothered me. The spell was cast on the townspeople to forget about Beast and the castle. Throughout the beginning of the movie the townspeople are real jerks to Belle (primarily the scene with the washing machine and teaching another girl to read). So at the end of the movie when everyone comes together and their all friends again, it's like wait, the spell was forgetting Beast, not the fact that you weren't still all uneducated jerks to Belle just days ago. Seemed a bit off to me. And I guess Mrs. Potts and Chip "were residents of the castle" and thus fell under the curse, but Mr. Potts wasn't a resident of the castle? Whatever I guess. Anyways, most of Saturday was a cold windy rainy day. Thankfully by 4pm, the rain and mostly subsided. The wind not so much as it was upwards of 25mph. Thankfully it was over and done with soon enough as it was an easy day. My sleep has been hap-hazard with the NCAA tourney recently so I cleared my Sunday morning to try and maximize my sleep:

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.02.07 PM.png

That's a lot of sleep, and I woke up very refreshed for Sunday's important long run.

Sunday was an important run for me. I had switched the pacing scheme one week ago under the belief that my fitness had changed and I was under training. The results have been mixed thus far with the HR of last week's long run at 147 (above the historical LR HR of 138-142). Then the two speed workouts were met with mixed results (although was that because of the wind?). So I hesitated if I wanted to do this max run of the training cycle (15 miles or 2 hrs) at this new pacing scheme. I decided to give it one more try.

Mother Nature decided to throw a curveball this morning with a nice steady rain during the whole run (not much for wind though!!! and WC of 40). Unfortunately I would have preferred to run just in my tank top but because of the rain I conceded to go with the rain jacket (bit too warm at 40 for a jacket for my taste, but a bit too cold for 2 hrs in a tank top in rain per my wife). I got up and ate the race breakfast (PB Bagel + Banana). I also planned to run with nutrition (E-Gel) for the first time this cycle. I also continued the experiment of not physically running with my water bottle, but hitting up the "aid station" every 3 miles.

The first mile was a bit too slow. But that was because of carrying a hoard of water bottles. Once I hit the drop off place the pace picked up naturally. The run felt extremely comfortable throughout without ever having the feeling of having to push the pace. A few times it was necessary to pull back a touch, a nice sign. Overall, 14/15 intervals within pace and if we excuse the first mile because of the water load it would seem like a nailed run.

The big test was the HR of the run. Would it confirm or deny the new pacing scheme? The run felt comfortable but I really wanted to see that HR in the 138-142 range and not 147 like last week's 14 miler. And 143, it is (or 144 ignoring the first mile outlier)! A nice additional confirmation that the pace of 7:46 (or 7:42 ignoring the first mile outlier) for a long run is appropriate for me.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.10.25 PM.png

Well that was peak week for this training cycle at 59 miles, so now the quality (or difficulty) of the workouts goes up as the mileage comes down a bit. Time to strap on the shoes for the REAL training to start! :thumbsup2 I plan to do another week of the new pacing scheme and see if the metrics still fall in line, but next week's 10 mile tempo at 7:02 min/mile looms large as I haven't sniffed a pace for that long ever (in races or training).

My question...why would you question such a calorie gift from the Garmin gods? Next time, eat the pizza. :D

:lmao:

I'm also curious to hear you conclusions on the recovery drink. I love a good chocolate milk after a long run and about the only time I allow myself such a treat.

We'll see, the jury is still out. I need to get my sleep where it was to determine whether I feel like I'm recovering the same or better. I do know that this overall diet tweak has led me to feel much stronger and lighter. I've been bouncing around 157-160 pounds the last few days relative to the weeks prior which were in the 162-164 range. So we'll see.

Great work on what looks crazy hard to me! It has been so windy around here...maybe that will pay off if by race day you get a not so breezy day?

RE: Gigi at tumbling...
A long time ago when I used to sit and watch other babies who would just sit there and smile happily while mine was fussing about all over the place and getting into everything I would be so jealous. But now that kiddo is older and can verbalize to me "why" she's non-stop wiggling or getting into everything I've realized she is the most curious and knowledge-hungry kid. She wants to know everything about everything and try everything and they are moving her up early right now in school because of it. I'd say you may have a chip off the old block. She seems to be "experimenting" with those tunnels and the other kids too :)

RE: BATB
I read a fan theory that all the villagers are in a time loop caused by the curse. Everyday like the day before. And they think Belle and Maurice are so weird because they moved in from out of town and aren't affected by the loop. So anything Belle does that is "other" seems odd. The plot-hole in that theory of course is the young girl learning to read. Unless Belle was slowly chipping away at the curse...afterall Agatha was always there watching and she kind of "choose" belle for the beast if you are to believe that lightning hitting that tree was no accident.

Great work on what looks crazy hard to me! It has been so windy around here...maybe that will pay off if by race day you get a not so breezy day?

Thanks! Here's to hoping that the races are wind free. Of course since they're unofficial and I get to choose when they occur we'll see if I self-select non-ideal conditions!

RE: Gigi at tumbling...
A long time ago when I used to sit and watch other babies who would just sit there and smile happily while mine was fussing about all over the place and getting into everything I would be so jealous. But now that kiddo is older and can verbalize to me "why" she's non-stop wiggling or getting into everything I've realized she is the most curious and knowledge-hungry kid. She wants to know everything about everything and try everything and they are moving her up early right now in school because of it. I'd say you may have a chip off the old block. She seems to be "experimenting" with those tunnels and the other kids too :)

I definitely agree this is likely the case. Just gotta let G be G, as long as G doesn't negatively impact other kid's experiences. She's just trying to have fun and be silly.

Interesting! I guess that goes super out there to me, and I totally missed the boat.

RE: BATB
I read a fan theory that all the villagers are in a time loop caused by the curse. Everyday like the day before. And they think Belle and Maurice are so weird because they moved in from out of town and aren't affected by the loop. So anything Belle does that is "other" seems odd. The plot-hole in that theory of course is the young girl learning to read. Unless Belle was slowly chipping away at the curse...afterall Agatha was always there watching and she kind of "choose" belle for the beast if you are to believe that lightning hitting that tree was no accident.

Interesting! I guess that goes super out there to me, and I totally missed the boat.
Ahh, fan theories. Reminds me of the one I came up explaining how Jar Jar Binks became Boba Fett. Sadly, I came up with this theory in the days before crazy fan theories became wildly popular and could get one 15 seconds of internet fame.

I usually chalk those kinds of plot holes up to plot holes. In this case, I think they were trying to address one thing from the animated version and wound up creating more plot holes that they didn't realize were there or decided were too small to worry about. But then fans can obsess about everything online these days especially when they have almost memorized the original source material (the 1991 animated film in this instance).

Ahh, fan theories. Reminds me of the one I came up explaining how Jar Jar Binks became Boba Fett. Sadly, I came up with this theory in the days before crazy fan theories became wildly popular and could get one 15 seconds of internet fame.

I usually chalk those kinds of plot holes up to plot holes. In this case, I think they were trying to address one thing from the animated version and wound up creating more plot holes that they didn't realize were there or decided were too small to worry about. But then fans can obsess about everything online these days especially when they have almost memorized the original source material (the 1991 animated film in this instance).

Sounds about right to me. It sometimes amazes me how puzzle pieces can be put together and create an entirely different picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter