To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Haunted Hustle HM Weather: 7 days to go!

Missed a few days of weather predictions, but not much has changed.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 11.06.39 AM.png

Start at 9am and end at 11am
9/11/19 - T+D of 100-104 (adj of 0.5%), 62% cloudy, 41% chance of rain, 10mph SSE wind
9/14/19 - T+D of 101-107 (adj of 0.5%), 52% cloudy, 24% chance of rain, 10mph SSE wind

Still looking at near ideal temps, somewhat cloudy, maybe rain, and a little bit of wind. Not a bad Sunday in October in Wisconsin.

Confused about the game or what will actually happen on race day?

So you've got a +147 cumulative time score right now. Which means you think I'll run:

1:37:13 + 147 seconds (2:27) = 1:39:40

If I run 1:39:40, then you will be back to zero.

Confused about math, but your number is what I got too so I guess I did it right! I am sticking with my guess. LOL.

Wait, I just remembered I think you said you're treating this as a training run and not racing? If so, can I change mine to 1:43?

Yes, that's correct. I plan to use this race as a training run. Although, I have never successfully actually not raced a race yet except the one time I paced @roxymama.

I am glad to hear this. I too struggle not to race a race. WIth all my current race plans I have no plan to add any races as then I can't be training for my "A" races. The struggle is real!

Probably means we're going to get ourselves in trouble on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

8-)

I've got too much riding on this whole journey to let myself get out of control on Sunday. Going crazy on Sunday would certainly put the Nov 10th HM in jeopardy of being a really good performance, but would probably have a minimal impact on January. I won't mess this up. Discipline, discipline, discipline. It's just another notch to this string of races I'm trying to put together.

-Can I race while looking at my pace (working on the mental game)? ✅
-Can I complete a race as a training run (sticking to the pre-plan)? TBD on 10/20
-Can I run an official HM performance suggestive of a sub-3 M (actual performance metric)? TBD on 11/10

These three HMs all serve a different purpose in the big picture of this training plan. So I want to see a check-mark on question #2 come Sunday afternoon.

Dang, I need to follow along more closely. I didn't even realize you had another race/training run coming up! I'm in for 1:39:40... I'm trying to take into account your mention of your LR's earlier and the fact that you feel the need to race a race! Actually, it's just a guess!!!

1:38:16
I’m not going to overestimate based on weather this time! While I think it will be hard to treat it as a training run, your pace band with ranges for GAP paces was a new and effective tool, and I think you will do it again, but maybe on the fast side of all the ranges:)

Dang, I need to follow along more closely. I didn't even realize you had another race/training run coming up! I'm in for 1:39:40... I'm trying to take into account your mention of your LR's earlier and the fact that you feel the need to race a race! Actually, it's just a guess!!!

It's a bit unusual for me to do so many races during a single training cycle.

1:38:16
I’m not going to overestimate based on weather this time! While I think it will be hard to treat it as a training run, your pace band with ranges for GAP paces was a new and effective tool, and I think you will do it again, but maybe on the fast side of all the ranges:)

8-)

Yes, that's correct. I plan to use this race as a training run. Although, I have never successfully actually not raced a race yet except the one time I paced @roxymama.

Sure I can change your guess.

Happy runniversary of my fastest paced race...it just showed up in my facebook memories today! I'll eventually get back to those butt kicking levels again.

If it's not too late I'll put down 1:37:37. Wish I could say I did a bunch of equations to figure that out, but it just looks nice.
And although this is a "training run" surely one little pacman chomp towards the end wouldn't hurt nobody, right? :)

Happy runniversary of my fastest paced race...it just showed up in my facebook memories today! I'll eventually get back to those butt kicking levels again.

source.gif

No doubt about your ability to get back to that level when you're ready for it again.

If it's not too late I'll put down 1:37:37. Wish I could say I did a bunch of equations to figure that out, but it just looks nice.
And although this is a "training run" surely one little pacman chomp towards the end wouldn't hurt nobody, right? :)

I'd venture to guess there will be quite a bit of Pac-Man'ing at the end. The plan is LR pace for the first 11 miles and a 2 mile fast finish between HM-M Tempo. This is no different than how I've approached nearly every long run in training thus far.

Fun fact for the day:

On the Sept 29th long run, I reached mile 13.0 at 1:41:29.
On the Oct 13th long run, I reached mile 13.0 at 1:41:32.

This confirms my decision to go with a 1:41 - 1:42 actual time for my guess. Now I just have to factor in my previous predictions...

Let's make my official prediction 1:42:46.

Haunted Hustle HM Weather: 6 days to go!

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 7.53.43 PM.png

Start at 9am and end at 11am
9/11/19 - T+D of 100-104 (adj of 0.5%), 62% cloudy, 41% chance of rain, 10mph SSE wind
9/14/19 - T+D of 101-107 (adj of 0.5%), 52% cloudy, 24% chance of rain, 10mph SSE wind
9/15/19 - T+D of 88-99 (adj of 0.0%), 23% cloudy, 5% chance of rain, 6mph SE wind

Well that changed. I'm not complaining at all because that took a good turn. We shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter