To go or not to go????

bkheath5

Earning My Ears
So our flights leave tomorrow for Disney and of course my 4 year old decides to get a cough! This is Typical for her this time of year due to her allergies. I was hoping it would be gone by today, but unfortunately it's not. 😭... Any other time it wouldn't be a big issue but with everything going on, I don't want to be judged lol... This is day 3 and no one else is sick or showing signs of illness, again this is totally normal for her. She has no fever, just that dang cough! What would you do?

So our flights leave tomorrow for Disney and of course my 4 year old decides to get a cough! This is Typical for her this time of year due to her allergies. I was hoping it would be gone by today, but unfortunately it's not. 😭... Any other time it wouldn't be a big issue but with everything going on, I don't want to be judged lol... This is day 3 and no one else is sick or showing signs of illness, again this is totally normal for her. She has no fever, just that dang cough! What would you do?

get a Covid Test for her and the rest of the party.

This is a hard decision. What are cancellation policies right now for Disney and the airlines? Maybe get her a rapid test? I would be stressed out walking around Disney with a coughing kid, even if I thought it wasn’t covid.

I'd be inclined to cancel, especially if I could get a refund. But coughs around here tend to get so much worse, and there's NOTHING worse than being sick while traveling.

Are the airlines doing screening? Asking about fever, cough, etc. and taking temps? You may not get thru that if she's coughing. Before the pandemic, people would not glance you way because a little girl is coughing. But everything has changed.

Get tested. Seriously. We had our youngest get her "typical cough" last week, and passed it off. On the morning we were due to leave, she started vomiting ON THE WAY TO THE AIRPORT!

We turned around and postponed 24 hours. By that afternoon, both kids had coughs, and by the next day, it was high temps all around. We all tested positive and just now have come out of isolation.

Take it from someone who had to deal with this last week. Just get tested. It's not worth the struggle if it goes sideways, and you honestly have no idea what is going on without the test. Doing otherwise is simply immoral.

I would cancel. Even if you get everyone tested, it is possible to get a false negative. We recently had an outbreak in my workplace and one person who has actually had it the longest now tested negative first. Additionally, his wife tested negative multiple times, though ultimately was positive. We had all been very careful, too, but it can absolutely hit when you least expect it, even if you have been following the rules.

Yep, Covid test. Even if she doesn’t have it you want to be able to prove that she doesn’t if she is coughing in public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter